All teen and kid member reviews for Warframe

Teen, 14 years old Written byzebulon759 November 23, 2013

I think its a great game that most teens would enjoy

I have been playing this game for about a year now, so I know what I'm talking about; but enough of this lets cut to the chase. Violence: there is some blood, some enemy's shed more blood than others, but it is kinda fake looking and way darker than real blood; also the enemy's you fight are far from human. Positive message: The game is really big on team work so be a team player and you'll get the job done, if not you might fail, also don't hog the loot. Safety & privacy: please remember that the its not recommended for a child to play an MMO due to privacy reasons. All and all not that bad really, and if your still not sure you can download the game for free and play it yourself. One last thing to mention its really hard to play by yourself, but that's why there is an auto grouping tool for you to use, or find some friends who also wanna play, the games at its best when your with friends. Thank you for your time I hope this helps.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDavidHi November 22, 2013

Fun... but yes, there is gore

not exactly sure what game CSM is playing (no offense), but there is actually a lot of gore. you can slice people right down the middle and see their spine and everything. it's a fun game though and it is possible to turn off the gore in the settings
Teen, 13 years old Written bycrazykid1092 March 6, 2014

Misleading Common Sense Editor Review

While this is a very mild shooting game, Common Sense did miss that there is some gore(you can cut an enemy up with your sword, leaving some exposed guts).
Teen, 14 years old Written byBionic Reviewer January 7, 2014

Excellent Combat game, contains optional gore

I'll get the basic facts out of the way first. Warframe is a Third Person Sci-Fi Shooter with a fun melee combat element and an interesting class system. For those of you averse to guns, it is entirely possible to exclusively use melee weapons. Bows, throwing knives, shuriken, and energy weapons (although all but one laser must be acquired via Clan Dojo research, more on that later) are additional alternatives to the usual sci-fi firearm. Monetization: This is an issue here, as the only easy way to get a weapon or usable Warframe class is through buying them in the store with Platinum, the game's cash shop currency. This means you will be dishing out money to get these items in a timely fashion. Crafting is an option, but requires rare drops (which may also be bought with Platinum) and will take anywhere between a few moments or a full 48 hour period (which can be bypassed with, of course, more Platinum). Violence: Here's the thing: Common Sense has written a horribly inaccurate review. It's clear they didn't play past the 45-second tutorial in which the only violence is against training holograms. This is a major no-no in the field of review writing. It is actually so bizarrely wrong that I half-suspect money changed hands between the review's author and the game's developers. Although a toggle exists in the Options menu to disable gore, it is on by default, and is not subtle about it by any stretch of the word. Most melee weapons and some ranged ones will dismember their opponents, cleaving off limbs and even chopping their opponent in half at the waist, diagonally at the shoulder, or straight down the middle. As these are humanoid opponents and melee weapons do not cauterize, gore is clearly visible. Raw-meat like textures and bones can be seen no matter what happens, from a part of a spine, to half a rib-cage, to even the inside of the spinal cord and skull, through which half of the opponents brain is visible (when chopped apart at the waist, on an angle, or from head to to, respectively). Damage causes characters to bleed profusely, staining the environment. Again, the gore can be toggled off, but I believe the blood remains (although possibly toggled down). With gore off, the review is far more accurate, as it becomes a harmless sci-fi action game with some creepy environments. The Boltor rifle and Bolto/Akbolto pistols fire glowing darts that impale enemies to walls. Orokin Derelict missions, only accessible by crafting keys to access them with, are overgrown space-palaces, dark except for your character's helmet-mounted flashlight's glow. This gives it a feel similar to the Dead Space series. The Infested are a vaguely disturbing enemy, and some have an affect that drains your character's Energy Pool while the head's up display dissolves into static for a few moments. Language: One instance of profanity in an item description for the Dethcube, which describes it as a "bad-ss cube of 'Deth'". Sexual Content: "Female" Warframes have curvaceous figures (especially Saryn), but nothing more than that. In conclusion, with gore off, its fine for all ages. But, as the gore is still relatively cartoonish, if your child can handle it, fine. Play it with gore on for a while as a "pre-screening" and make your own opinion. I know I handle it perfectly well, but that's just me.
Teen, 14 years old Written bythe buttmuffin September 28, 2014

CSM is wrong. READ IMPORTANT

First off like somebody else said this game can be VERY heavy on gore HOWEVER you can turn it off in the settings. The biggest thing in this game is chat. There is an OPTIONAL profanity filter too BUT people usually figure out a way to get around it. I.e. if someone were to write crap and it were blocked they would most likely write "cra p" or something of the like. There is voice chat as well but you can change that in your Xbox/Playstation settings.(if your on PC you cant I dont believe) This is a more "know your kid" game. There is brief swearing in the beginning but it is very mild. I.e. the alternate to dang. This game does promote teamwork and even joining a clan (community that have their own rules). This is optional too. There is also an online trading system where people can trade items and/or platinum(a buyable in-game currency). THIS GAME IS SOMEWHAT HARD TO GET USED TO AND A YOUNGER KID WILL NOT LIKE IT. This is a game best played in a clan and is not as enjoyable without one. In fact it could get very boring.
Teen, 17 years old Written byKneonT123 January 31, 2016

Great Game!

Okay, so I don't know WHAT the editor was thinking. The game is great it really is but there is HEAVY gore. It is easily disabled in the options-game play tab. While there is blood, not much. You aren't some crazy terrorist or anything, you are just a super powered space warrior trying to keep the peace in balance. The enemies don't really swear, but the people online CAN. However, the online admins are usually pretty good about kicking anyone who breaks the chat rules. Those rules include, swearing, sexual content, harassment ECT. Now you have to remember that Warframe is a "Freemium" game. That means it is free to play, but most of the content is locked and you must use actual money to purchase. This isn't a problem though. The game is easily playable without having to purchase any DLC or weapons. Not to mention that a lot of the weapons are buildable, so you won't have to pay TOO much money. Overall, Warframe is a great sci-fi shooter for teens!
Teen, 16 years old Written byTimeMasterNix April 19, 2016

The Replacement Review for Warframe

The CSM review for this game is quite lacking, it appears to be written by a parent with little knowledge of the game who simply watched their kid play for a bit. Having a lot more first-hand experience with the game, I will try to write a replacement review. POSITIVE MESSAGES: 3/5 The game centers around a race called the Tenno, who have been mostly wiped out by a clone army called the Grineer. During your journey as a Tenno, you will constantly be killing enemies like the Grineer, greedy unethical scientists called the Corpus, and characters infected with a zombie-like virus called Infestation. There is very little moral ambiguity, and there are a lot of messages about honor and mercy. (Although there is a lot of killing) POSITIVE ROLE MODELS: 2/5 You don't really know much about your character, (which allows you to project your own personality onto them), but you know a lot about the supporting characters: Lotus, a charismatic leader who guides you on your journey and helps you from a distance, and Ordis, a glitchy (on purpose) robot butler-like character in your spaceship who is extremely loyal and helpful. EASE OF PLAY: 1/5 This is one of the categories in which I disagree with the original review greatly. While the controls are very intuitive and explained well, the rest of the game is not. You kind of get thrown into this universe, and while you can move and shoot easily enough, it will be very hard to progress and learn about the game unless you use the Warframe Wiki, a third-party website with all the knowledge of the game you will ever need and more. VIOLENCE: 3/5 This is where I know the writer of the review was misinformed. The game is rated M for a reason, enemies will get sliced in half, heads will get blown/sliced off, enemies get dismembered, and arrows can stick enemies to walls. A lot of blood and gore is visible, and it can be somewhat overwhelming. BUT... you can turn it all off. In the menu, options/gameplay settings, there is a well-visible option to turn gore off, which will get rid of BASICALLY EVERYTHING I MENTIONED ABOVE. There still is a small red splash when you hit an enemy, but it is much less graphic. This really comes down to whether or not you trust your child to keep the gore turned off. Without gore on, it is basically a T-rated game, but with it, it is definitely M. I am not allowed to play games like Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto, but my parents trust me to keep gore off in this game. SEX AND NUDITY: 1/5 This is an easy category to review. All you see of your character is a suit of armor (called a "warframe"). Some of the armors are male forms, some are female. The female armors are a bit "form fitting," with somewhat sexual figures, but they are just armors, and there is no skin or nudity whatsoever. CONSUMERISM: 3/5 Warframe is a "free-to-play" game with an excellent pricing structure, and there are in-game purchases that can cost a lot of money. Everything in the game is obtainable for free, but some of it takes hours and hours to obtain. You can buy these harder to get items with platinum, a secondary currency that can be purchased for real money. Every once and a while, the game awards coupons for 20-75% off a platinum purchase, which might entice someone to buy platinum. I myself have spent $25 on the game (when I got a 75% off coupon), but I have no plans to spend any more money, because I have all the platinum I need. As long as your child is financially responsible, and/or doesn't have complete uncontrolled access to a credit card or PayPal account, there should be no problem here. LANGUAGE: 3/5 Warframe is partially a multiplayer game, and while you can play it solo if you want to, it is much more effective to play in a group. I think this is a good thing, as it teaches teamwork and everyone is on the same side, reducing the chance that anyone will get angry. There is some swearing, but nothing abusive like you would find in most Player-vs-Player games and you can ignore the chat windows if you want to. DRINKING, DRUGS, AND SMOKING: 0/5 I have not come across ANY drinking/drug references in my time playing the game. FINAL NOTES I highly recommend this game. I have been playing it for a few months and still haven't gotten tired of it. Be warned though, there are parts of the game that require a lot of time spent, so it is important to manage your time. When I first started, I got somewhat addicted, playing multiple hours a day, but I have gotten it under control now and I have an absolute blast playing Warframe with my friends. The game also has one of the nicest communities I have EVER seen. I think that because it is a CO-OP game, people are not at odds with each other, and don't complain about certain warframes being "overpowered" or unfair. (Probably because everybody is overpowered, which I think is really fun.) It teaches teamwork and cooperation through the co-op missions, so as long as your child is responsible with their time and money, they should have no problem having tons of fun in Warframe!
Kid, 10 years old February 16, 2014

game

real common sense
Kid, 12 years old January 31, 2015

one more innacurate review on the site.

Teen, 13 years old Written byIsaiahTheReveiwer August 12, 2016

Warframe is a great free game

Warframe is a free third person shooter with tons of action and lots of ways to play. And there is no need for in game purchases when you have the trading system. It has great graphics a little gore but its not like anything bad. You can pick from tons of warframes weapons sidekicks upgrade them even color them. Tons and tons of things to do join a clan and they add new weapons and frames once in a while. But if your not into MMOs then you wont enjoy this
Kid, 12 years old December 2, 2016
Teen, 16 years old Written byMillsteak417 June 3, 2016

Good lord what a misleading review

Teen, 15 years old Written byf0rdzilla February 24, 2016

An excellent game

This game is well made with a long, thorough campaign, and a great multiplayer. There is gore, but this can be toggled in the menu. I know what the other reviews have said about the gore, but even with it on, I haven't noticed any "spines, ribs, or skulls." With the gore on, there is blood, but it looks fake, and when you take damage blood splatters your screen, which doesn't even resemble blood, except that it's red. You fight enemies with mostly guns, but there are many other types of weapons. There are many types of enemies. Almost all of them are humanoid, but only one species is human, but they are supposed to have some robot counterparts, and only some of them do you actually see their faces. The other enemies consist of robots, and people in armor. There is a chat, which is global. If you're worried about profanity, players are kicked from the chat before their post is displayed. There is no sexual content, unless you count female characters, whose bodies are never physically emphasized in any way. If that will stop you from playing it, then think of this. Why should male characters remain unaltered, but make the female characters look genderless? There is definitely consumerism in it. The only thing you can buy with real money is platinum, which is premium currency, meaning you can buy almost anything in-game with it. The other most commonly used way to get things that cost platinum without having to buy platinum, is to get "blueprints" with the in-game currency which is earned. Blueprints let you build whatever the blueprint was for (things that would have cost platinum, like weapons, armor, and gear,) by requiring you to collect resources through the missions. You can also trade through chat to trade things you have, for things you don't have, sell things you have (for platinum!), and buy things for platinum. There are also clans that you can join, which you work together to build, like the great hall and the dojo, which everyone in the clan contributes to. The character you play as is a "Tenno," which are some type of ancient warriors. You are brought out of some sort of timeless slip space, which is where you have been kept. This general called "Vor" takes you from the slip space, because his queens have ordered you to be brought before them alive. After he takes you out, he puts a glowing orange thing on your leg, which you later learn is basically a parasitic tracking devise. Then you hear a voice saying "Awaken, Tenno," and a blast of energy comes from your body and then you gain control of your character, while the voice continues to talk telling you the controls of the game. You learn that the person who woke you up is this women called "Lotus," who helps you out when you are at your base, which is your spaceship, that you can change your character, go to the market, chat, and more. Your ship is also inhabited by a quirky A.I., which is basically a computer program that can think, who obviously has some problem with his software. From then on, your goal is to kill "Vor" because he is controlling the thing that is stuck on your leg. The worst that the parasitic GPS does is lower your shields and occasionally make you stumble. After you kill "Vor," you go purge the solar system of evil. This game is great for anyone who has enjoyed "Destiny,"" Halo," and "Call of Duty."