All parent member reviews for Wii Fit Plus

Parent of a 10 year old Written byThisbattymom April 22, 2010

mostly good... but needs improvement

I bought this to encourage physical activity. Unfortunatly, while it kept telling me (slightly overweight & very out of shape) that I was healthy, it kept telling my healthy growing child she was fat. :( The games are fun but some of the fitness parts do not follow movement well (you can do everything right & it not respond well or you do nothing correctly but you manage to advance), etc. After a short time my husband & child had quit using it... after about 2 months we had all stopped.
Parent of a 4 and 4 year old Written byandsoitgoes December 18, 2009

Great for kids and adults of all ages!

I took a risk. I've got 4 year old (almost 5!) twins who are not the most coordinated when it comes to video game, yet. I know they're not in that zone just yet, but we're getting there. That said, I knew of a few parents who had Wii Fit for their family, and they have a daughter just about the same age as my girls, and she LOVES it. So I decided to give it a try. I had a bunch of credit at a video game store so I bought Wii Fit and found Wii Fit Plus for $10 elsewhere. Well, I got home and tried it out with the girls, and after going through the blasted set-up process 3 different times (which was a trial of my patience, as well as my girls!) we got into the games. From then, it was an absolute blast. The way that the system works, it's just fun. It doesn't matter if you're winning or losing, it's all about having fun. It's quick to switch between users, thankfully! The first was a bit less forgiving. And everything is unlocked from the start, even the 15 new games. From the hula hoop game, to the flying chicken it is just a good, fun time. There can be competition which tends to be a bit confusing at this age, but we focus on the joy of playing and it generally works out in the end. It's just a shame there isn't a video camera like on the PS3 Singstar, because having video of all of us dancing like fools would be great! It really is a nice, fun and simple way to have fun with your family. And if you're trying it to assist with weight loss, it may not be the best option out there (the EA Sports Active series is a bit more focused on cardio and such), but it most certainly will not hurt. One thing to note, though, it ONLY operates on BMI, which is far from a proper and exact science. So it may classify someone as overweight when the designiation may not be deserved. So to summarize... it is a fun game that can assist with your exercise routine, to change things up, or just add a bit to every day life. It'll get you using your Wii more and although it may up in the dust collection drawer in a few months, it will be a fun few months and as they release more, it will find its way out again!!
Adult Written bynum1snook January 19, 2014

Fun way to get fit for the whole family!

We just got this game yesterday along with Wii Sports Resort, me and my dad have played for an hour so far. The trainer is good role model because he or she(depends on if you choose a male or a female trainer) encourages you to do yoga and strength training everyday to improve your posture and stretch your muscles! You can also weigh dogs and cats! Our dog Tiffany apparently weighs 26 pounds! One thing me and my dad don't like about this game is that it uses the BMI system and they don't take your muscle mass into account when weighing you, so my dad who has a lot of muscle gets incorrectly weighed as obese when he is just a bit overweight( he just has a big round stomach he needs to get rid of). Other then that, the game gets you up and moving and is fun for the whole family, it even gets my 44 year old dad to get up and move and have fun while doing it! NOTE: children under 3 can't play this game, you can only weigh them. Consult the manual for details!
Parent of a 7, 11, 11, and 13 year old Written byHiway202 on Clu... May 30, 2010

Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byBluenose_Mama February 5, 2010

Fun for (almost) all!

Tonnes of fun for everyone. Some of the activities are too challenging for younger children, but there is still enough to keep our 4 year old entertained. One big improvement over the Wii Fit is the ability to switch players without having to go all the way back to the main menu. This change makes it far more group friendly.
Adult Written bydrama fan November 29, 2009

love the game

i love this game! I play it with my 10 year old daughter all the time.
Parent of a 3 and 10 year old Written bysjlmenlopark November 13, 2009

Just got it a week ago. Great to play with my 10 year old and he likes playing it as much as any other video game. The difference between him lounging in the couch and playing animal crossing (for example) vs. up on his feet trying to ski jump, balance, run, step, do a yoga pose is phenomenal. The extra training plus games that are new with this version (fit plus) are the ones he particularly likes I wish there were more good games that required standing up and moving. Actually, I also wish there were more levels to unlock on this game,
Adult Written bygolfcartconspiracy October 18, 2009

The Best Reason to Own a Wii System!!!

This is an incredible program! My wife and I have been using the wii fit for a number of months now, and recently picked up the wii fit plus. Over the past few months we have both lost aprox. 20 lbs with the wii fit/wii fit plus, and are both feeling WAY more in shape. Of course this requires being disciplined, and doing a daily body test (even if you don't do the activities, it helps to simply be aware of where your weight is every day... it makes you think twice about sitting around and snacking). So all in all, it is a great investment if you want something to help you achieve your weight goals.