Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Wii Play

Party game for two isn't as good as Wii Sports.

Adult Written bycrackerjack5 August 18, 2009

Definately a must-have!

A lot of fun. Some of the games are better than other. Best with a group.
Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

No fun at all.

Get wii sports. The only reason I got this game was because it came with a free wii controller. This game is absolutely no fun at all, the games are rather pointless. It may keep young children entertained, which is why I gave it the EC rating, because it will keep teens entertained for maybe the amount of time it takes to complete the entire game, which is perhaps 15 minutes. Get wii sports instead.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bylovekind May 25, 2010

fine for 5+

It's a ok game but yeah Wii needs better effort for me.

Adult Written byUsrthea September 25, 2018

Great if you have someone to play it with.

Ease of Play
Adult Written bysnuffy9000 April 9, 2008

fun game but not as good as wii sports

parents should know the game does have a target practice game and tank game it is a fine choice for wii owners
Adult Written byprwtt April 9, 2008

good for younger kids

Sure, this game isn't as in-depth as Wii Sports, but my son loves Wii Play. He would rather play Tanks or Charge than play baseball on Wii Sports. We have now branched out into other Wii games, but he still comes back to Wii Play. Every night while I get the baby to sleep, my husband and son play Wii, and they have really enjoyed Tanks. My son got really skilled and always wins. The main thing you have to remember is that Wii Play is mostly designed to teach how to use the remote. It is not meant to be a high-level intense gaming experience. It's certainly worth the $10 you pay on top of the cost of the included remote.
Adult Written byalecf April 9, 2008

Fun for lots of quick games

This kind of game is just the reason we got a Wii - it's fun, casual, and doesn't require some awesome video game skills. My wife and I play this sometimes for just 10 minutes before going to bed - we like the game where you have to pick people out of a crowd or match "Miis" in different environments. Since this game is more or less $10 on top of a second controller, it's a no-brainer - cumulatively we've gotten hours of fun out of it.