Kid reviews for Wizard 101

Wizard 101 Poster Image

One of the best games I've ever played.

PROS+ No blood and violence Really cheap Great story CONS- Pay-to-play You need to learn some tricks before playing

1 person found this helpful.

fun

Been playing since around 2012 and this game goes hard. I can understand why people here don't like it though because its p2w but that's not all the game has. If you don't want to pay that amount of money for crowns and stuff just buy a membership and that's all you need. It's a pretty fun game and it's also pretty challenging also you 100% won't meet players your age. Most of them are college (They are super nice). Now let's get to the stuff I don't really like about the game. You don't get a single attack spell in Avalon which is annoying because you have one of the longest worlds right after it. That's about all I don't like also there is the fact that you can't really team up anymore because you never have someone in the same area as you. (review by a lvl 81 death wizard)

My opinion

This game is addictive just limit how much you spend. The storyline is good but some people might be rude so I suggest just not going in crowded realms.

It's good, but easy to get hooked and scammed out of your money

Like I said in the title, the game is pretty good, but what makes me give it a 3 star rating is that it was really easy to get scammed out of your money and get hooked. Fun fact, I got scammed out of my account because I was irresponsible with the text chat. For Wizard101, they recommend that only those 13+ should use text chat, and I think that remains true. Kingsisle eventually found out about my account getting scammed (this was back in 2014 I think) and banned my account that had around $300 worth of stuff including memberships. I highly recommend that those that want to play this game be careful with your wallet and set a budget. It is really easy to get hooked and overspend, since this game is basically pay to win. I remember getting 60,000 crowns and instantly blowing it on new gear. Definitely don't do what I did there, that was like $80 just gone. This game can get pretty grindy so keep that in mind. Watch out for people trying to manipulate you through text chat. I got manipulated out of my account 6 years ago, and I'm only writing this review because the thought just came in my head. I've seen people be victim to predators on this game as a kid, so be careful. It's also addicting, I remember back when I was in elementary school spending most of my time at home playing this game. Just like any other "addicting" game, make sure to set a time limit on how much you play. PvP can also last a really long time, so keep that in mind as well. And the forums should be off limits to those under 13 (or maybe even 14). I made tons of stupid mistakes as a 10 year old on the forums. In short, Wizard101 can be a fun game, but only if you're responsible. Based off of my experience, I think this game is 13+

Good graphics, quests and family friendly

This game has been here for ever since the 2000s and I've been playing ever since I was 5, and my account is 10 years old, and I used to play a lot before I started playing Minecraft, Roblox, or Star Stable Online, and I barely play now sadly. It is worth the membership but on their website they have these quizzes that you can do and if you do 10 quizzes a day you get 100 crowns onto your account without having to pay any money for the crowns, and you can use the crowns to get into areas, houses, mounts, etc. It has a crowns shop which is where you can get these and you can also gift other players items in the crown shop too. It's an online game and requires a good internet connection and for computer only unfortunately. And the game has a lot of characters that you could warm up to.

Fun, and challenging

The game is really good fun, but is pay to advance. If you are going to play frequently, get a membership its cheaper. The first story arc is aimed towards children and isnt that challenging or heavily strategy based. Once you defeat the final boss of the first story arc, more advanced strategies and new stats come into play. The game also has a minor difficiculty spike, so after Dragonspyre (the last world of arc 1) go to wintertusk at level 50 after completeing Grizzleheim and it shouldent be too hard. Overall its a fun game, definitely worth the money. Just nake it past the first story arc and it should get quite challenging

Pretty good but beware

I’ve been playing this game for a long time. I started when I was 8 and played on and off for a while. It’s an excellent game for kids, i loved the game at the time however only a limited amount of wizard101 is available before it practically forces you to pay to unlock multiple areas of the game. If your child starts playing this, they will most likely ask you for your credit card to unlock more areas. I highly recommend you also be very careful with spending money on this game. When I was younger and my mum allowed me to buy membership for a month, it kept on charging us that membership months after. If you decide to buy membership on this game I highly recommend you cancel the subscription as soon as possible afterwards. This should allow your child to play on a membership account for a month and nothing afterwards unless you buy more membership. Other than that, the game is very safe with a great safety chat feature and lots of restrictions that you can decide to enable/disable. It’s enjoyable for kids and I recommend it.

I wasted my time and money on this game

Okay, this message might sound a bit harsh, so be prepared; I used to play this game when I was younger, thus making me very unaware of money and how it can be wasted on things I don't need. I got this game in 2013, and played it non-stop for about 4-5 years. I loved it when I was younger, I apparently liked the absolute garbage graphics, the experience of having to pay hundreds of dollars to be able to play, the inability to talk to other players unless you lied about being 18 and up, and having people make fun of me for not having things I had to pay for. This game made me spend over half a grand to feel good about myself, and literally is only a money-making game that won't give you any gameplay unless you empty your wallets. I know, I know, some people might be thinking, "Why didn't you just take the vanilla experience, and not buy anything?", well, I WANTED to not spend any money on it, even as a child, but if I were to continue to the second world, which can be unlocked after about and hour or so of gameplay, I would have to either buy a membership for ONE month for $10.00, or buy it with ingame currency that I have to buy as well. Any money I got, I would spend on the game, which I know is my own fault. I will give the game credit for being addictive, it was INCREDIBLY addictive, but only so if you can play the full game. I look back in shame for how much money and time I put into this piece of garbage, because unless you are swimming in cash or want to spend every penny you have on it, don't waste your time. This game has a great concept and story, but it's just not worth it.

It is an amazing game for children of any age 6 and up.

I am 12, and I have been playing this game since I was 6. There was a fair share of users evading chat by abbreviating curse words or spelling them wrong, but there is the option to remove the text chat. Children will be able to select from preset sentences which will help them get by without having to type. This game helps children learn team work, social skills and helps them live out their magical fantasies. There is no blood, just fantasy violence, which basically consists of getting lifted up in the air and thrown down. The spells can be a little bit scary, but mostly they are dragons and things along those lines.

OG

I grew up on this game playing on my parents old dell laptop it’s the best game and I still play it