Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 11 parent reviews

Sort by:

Update for 2019: This is not the current version of the game

I just wanted to clarify for parents, that this version of World of Warcraft was the Wrath of the Lich King expansion that was released in 2008. WoW in 2019 is a very different game, and if you want current reviews... you should look under World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth. I started playing WoW in 2007, and would currently NOT recommend it. See my review in Battle for Azeroth.

This game is addicting/ too time consuming- PARENTS BEWARE!

This game is highly addicitive and very time consuming! We had to limit our 16 yr old's game time, as we suspect he was playing it into wee hours of the morning ( based on e-mails from his teachers saying he was falling asleep in class ) Worst "gift" I ever bought him because it consumes him and his friends. He considers playing this game with friends he knows from school to be "friend time/social time." I think we're going to see a very disfunctional generation coming up because of the convenience of technology and no real need to leave home to see them. I would never again buy this game, knowing what I know now about its addicting nature!!

Good for older, mature teens

A lot of adults play this game and some of the chat so mature; however the game offers a filter which blocks most if not all offense language.

AWESOME

Its GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

addicting. Sometimes not in a good way.

My husband and I play this game. We are ages 18 and 20. My husband had been playing for about a year when I met him and he sucked me right into it. Now here's the deal. This game is VERY VERY VERYYY addicting. VERY. I will admit that before I played this game I was a study geek. I always had my homework done on time, I always studied for tests for hours and my house was ALWAYS clean. But now that World of Warcraft has come along, I sometimes loose sight of these priorities. You will say that this won't happen, it's just a game. But I'm telling you, the longer you play it and the more you get into it, the more you make excuses for it to be okay. The more it seems normal to play it for 5-6 hours straight. Honestly, looking back I wish I never would have started. But, if you can play it in moderation it is a great, fun, and exciting game. Just make sure not to loose yourself in it. Because it is VERY easy to do.

fine for tweens

love the game. it's really interesting. it's like being able to play through your favorite story.

If you want a well balanced child, or if you only have one computer, STAY AWAY!

Wash, rinse and repeat. The HUGE problem with MMOs is that they never end; the bar is set ever higher as you continue to pay month to month for shiny loots and the pointless bragging rights that come with them. Do you really want your child to waste an entire day in front of the screen on a 100 man raid? These games are a waste of time and money. Take it from someone who wastes time and money as a hobby: Blizzard is the one dangling the carrot, guess who the donkey is.

Great Game!!!!!!!!!

*SPOILERS!*My friend turned me on to the game when i was 10(im 12 now) and i loved it! Running around in a realtime 3d world in a quest for money and sweeet items and abilities is awesome! Granted the death knight starting area can be iffy while enslaved to the lich (undead) king. (note u do later break free from his grasp).Killing innocent civilains didnt make me feel all that bad. On a bad note this game can be very addicting so be sure u or ur kid have a sense of reality. Very easy to pick up but hard to master. The world of warcraft has a great story too, therefore there is a reason death knights were enslaved to lich king and there is a reason u broke free.(at the end of the starting area an epic scene occurs where followers of the lich king attempt to rebel but fail). Players can be having a bad day or good just have a bad attitude so be sure ur kids knows not to pick up language they know they are not supposed to repeat. Great game, Great story, An epic experience. Just be sure u know right from wrong.

if you want

okay most of the fun that comes from the game is from working with other ppl if you just run around and do quest by your self, ya it will be lame, the main point is to level up so you can do more raids,battle grounds. there's some rules ppl go by when in groups, but you'll learn as you go

Awesome Game, great family bonding if your house is full of gamers.

I'm a 48 year old parent, with teens in the house. I have been playing World of Warcraft with my 16 year old son for some time now. I consider it a great bonding experience, and if a family is involved with their kids life’s, is absolutely safe. If you are a parent who is not involved with their teens, you may want to avoid this game. Our home is full of gamers. My wife, myself, and all my kids are video game nuts. When there is no negative vibes in the home over games, it is easy to find a balance between obsession, fantasy, and real world. This game does NOT cause families to break up. If your family breaks up due to this game, it’s because it’s only a symptom of a deeper problem within your home. This game is not the cause.