Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 19 kid reviews

Sort by:

violent but not scary

not as scary as catactsylum but VERY violent, not much gore more like magic, or mythological stuff, but really violent stuff i would recomend this game to mature tweens

Awesome game!

this is an really good entertaining game i love it! but some blood and alcohol. but should be fine for 10 and up.

Awesome

I have played the demo of every world of warcraft game and I cant see why people think it's inappropriate. If you think your child is not safe try to set up a special server for them so they can play safely. If a person swears in the game another player has the ability to report them to the game makers and they will lose their account on the game. Also it is fine to let very little kids on it because they will not understand the violence of the game and it will just be fun for them. If your kid has been asking you for it download the demo for them first and see what affect it has on them. THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!

I think its the BEST GAME EVER GO AND BUY IT

A great learning experience, fun, challenging, skill building and tons of story to behold.

World of Warcraft is an amazing game people, dont let the media fool you. Addiction is NOT rampant - WoW simply is a once in a life-time experience that is like no other. The game is so well put together and the story, music and depth is astounding. The community can be a little troublesome at times especially if you play the Alliance, where immature kids run rampant spouting ridiculously inappropriate harrassments. I started playing WoW back in 2006 when I was 12 and it has brought me up in a LOT of societal skills. Ever since playing I am a better strategist, I'm better with computers, I cooperate with others much better, and I've learned alot about devotion to goals. This game has a lot to offer to someone willing to learn, and the lore and story behind the warcraft Universe is just amazing, the tons of books from reputable authors, the quest text, the comics --- just all of it is amazing! I'd suggest you head over to wowwiki.com right now and search up some of the back story on the game universe, this game offers so much depth and character building that anyone could learn something useful from it.

Exellent beyond words. Any smart child with swashbuckling spirit and maturity will fit right into Azeroth

An adventurous game that everyone needs to try. It's upsetting to think that immaturity actively upsets gameplay in WoW. (for example, comments made by halo-addicts such as ezio432) But gameplay is literally beyond anything i've seen. It's very safe; just because it's so safe keyloggers try to ruin the name of wow. My friends account was hacked and he wasn't able to get access again to characters he spent many days on. Of course this RARELY happens. Blizzard simply needs to do a better job suppressing botters. (Foreign automated people trying to make real $ in exchange for gold, warcraft's currency.) The game is all about expressing teamwork, gaming skill, and positive thinking. The only problem is, the player base can be rude, potentially mean to newcomers. Fed-up players have switched to one faction so they don't have to talk to haters. (Because horde can't communicate to alliance, vise versa.) If someone is causing havoc/ using profanity in your child's guild (cooperative group), just tell the leader. or you can ignore them. WoW has an advanced chat system that blocks -most- spam and -all- dirty words. One last time I have to praise the game mechanics and just how fun leveling and raiding with some good friends can be!

wow

fun ummm yea!!!!!!!!!!!

Perfect game,easy to understand but launguage is a problem

I love it ive been playing since Wrath of the lich king came out and i just love it.Pretty easy to understand,do quests and battle monsters.Many people use bad language but you can block it off with the language filter but still many people can get around that by using $ instead of s for the manure word.You can control how long you let your kids play by using the parent controls.If your going to play do not go to the moon guard roleplaying realm.Many people there are ERP,erotic roleplayers.I dont play on many realms but avoid Moon guard.Another thing is hackers,many people have had their account hacked.DO NOT HAND OUT YOUR ACCOUNT INFO TO ANYONE

Perfect for anyone 10+ as long as language filter is on

I play WoW WotLK I think it is an amazing game the only thing that can be bad is if you turn the language filter off many people use very horrible language people from all age groups play this game and so there is usually very adult language among older players, but as long as the filter is turned its a perfectly acceptable game for anyone with double digit ages. Another down side usually incorporated into the game is the long hours but with a time limit set those hours can be controlled to a specific time of day and the hours can be controlled.

Kid review

Kid review: Safty: I don't like the hackers. They take all your stuff, and you get reported about going around WoW without cloths. I try to tell my father not to buy the Authentacator, and he listens to me. Violince: Much, nothing to bad, not dispising murders like in prince of persa. Ed: You save up gold, sell, get, good for the avrage 4th, 5th grader. Role Models: *WARNING* Do not think that dwarves are role models! But people like Tiron Fording, King Varian Werrn, Jaina Proudmoore, Thrall, real simple tp choose one.