Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Xeko Elf Island

Reality-based quests let kids contribute real-world help.

Parent of a 2, 3, 10, and 13 year old Written bymother of 4 October 13, 2009

Something for everyone

I have two children that have played from the beginning. My daughter really loves animals, so she has been very excited about helping animals. Some of the GoodQuest have focused on areas that my children had not thought about, so it gave us a chance to discuss new topics and open their eyes to the world outside of their community. EI also makes them think about how to get involved. My son is very competitive so he works hard to win the weekly awards. Elf Island has something for everyone, and it's safe the moderators are visible which is an added bonus for me. Being someone that enjoyed going on mission trips, I hope Elf Island is their window to one day going to some of these locations to help. Keep up the Good work Elf Island!

Adult Written byTravisSch June 25, 2009

Great game. Helps people around the world with a mirrored gaming aspect.

Elf Island is a great game that challenges kids to do Good. Kids accomplish this by going on different GoodQuests. Once the goal of a GoodQuest is reached, people know they have done something to help someone in the real world. The most recent GoodQuest was about Nutrition. Kids were challenged to feed 360,000 virtual gnomes. If kids fed 360,000 gnomes, 100 real families would be fed fruits and vegetables in the real world. These GoodQuests are supported by real organizations like Habitat for Humanity and Plant-It 2020. Besides GoodQuests, there are also mini-games kids can play on the island for coins. These coins can help kids in buying items in the in-game marketplace. Elf Island has a dictionary in the game so members cannot use the chat system to post phone numbers, addresses, inappropriate language, etc.. Moderators are also available if people have any questions or if there is a problem. Moderators can be accessed by clicking on the 'M' button in-game. All of the chat is logged. This is why I love Elf Island because parents can know their kids are protected. There are also HOSTs in the game. HOSTs are moderators/staff members who run fun games for everyone in the game to play. HOSTs give out exclusive prizes that cannot be obtained anywhere else on the island. There is a membership fee to play the GoodQuests. However, if you are a new member to the game and haven't played a GoodQuest yet, you can try one of the GoodQuests for free. This can help determine if you want to pay for a membership. Membership prices are $5.95 for 1 month, $29.95 for 6 months, or $57.95 for 1 year (12 months). The membership cost helps contribute money to the non-profit organizations so the membership is worth it! There is also a great Elf Island message board out there called the Elf Island Fansite. This message board is for people who play Elf Island to join and talk about what is going on in the game. The Elf Island Fansite also has a wiki with information on items in game, host prizes, and info on GoodQuests. You can find more information on this fansite at www.elfislandfansite.com. Overall, Elf Island is a great game for youngsters to play. The link to play Elf Island is www.elfisland.com. I highly recommend this game as the game helps people in the world live better lives. It is also a fun game to play.

Parent of a 8 year old Written bymavdog October 13, 2009

Great Game for Tweens with a Positive Message

This type of virtual world shows my kids and I that by playing a fun computer game, they are helping real people, real animals and the earth. Our family loves the idea and especially the graphics! As a parent, I enjoy watching them in the world, but better yet, I love to hear how they tell me how they are doing their small part in something big. That's a great message for our kids!

Parent of a 12 year old Written by4ecomom October 8, 2009

Elf Island is the perfect place - kids help others through fun game play.

My daughter just played the latest GoodQuest game and helped build a real camp for HIV kids in Uganda!! WOW. It's all she and her friends can talk about. Not only is Elf Island fun for her but it gives her a chance to help others. She's happy. I'm happy - it's the perfect combo!

Adult Written byEIFdizzy June 24, 2009

Elf Island: A community working together for Good

I love this game, it is full of activities for adults and children. I am an adult that has played since day one, and I have had no problem finding something to keep me busy. Weather I am doing the current GoodQuest, chatting with friends, playing HOST games or decorating a room for the next contest. GoodQuest help an organization in need of financial support, thus letting the community of elves work together to reach a goal. We are given thirty days to complete the goal set by the staff/organization. Once the goal is met we are rewared with a GoodQuest Party. So if you are new to Elf Island be sure you check out the next GoodQuest by clicking on the heart at the top of the screen. Chatting with friends is fun and safe with the dictionary set up to allow only safe words. HOST games are a fun way to win great prizes. The HOST in the game have years and years of experience, so you will always find a game that will be your favorite to play. While your checking out Elf Island, be sure to check out Elf Island Fansite at elfislandfansite.com On the Elf Island Fansite you can find up to the minute information about what's happening on Elf Island. Play Games! Do Good!

Adult Written bytajhunter June 24, 2009

Elf Island- A world of good for children and adults!

Elf Island is a unique gaming environment where adults and children can do good together. I am an adult that not only has a child that plays but I also play. It is a wonderful safe community. The staff are wonderful and always present. The rules are strictly enforced. There is no personal information allowed. I enjoy many aspects of the game. The community is a base of great players that I have formed online friendships with. It is nice to have a place to go to talk to friends. No matter what time of day I log on there is always a familiar face around to chat with. Speaking of chat there is a dictionary in the game that filters out words that are not allowed. Works great. The GoodQuests are amazing and such a phenomenal idea! I love doing them knowing I am helping out in the real world. It is a great lesson to be teaching kids but also a great reminder as an adult that it is never too late for you to make a difference. I am always filled with great anticipation of the start of the next GoodQuest. When one ends we have a break of about a week to week and a half before the next quest starts. During breaks from quests or just for fun there are many mini games on the Island. With these games you earn Elf Island coins which you can use to buy items in the stores for building your virtual homes. You can even donate your virtual coins to the scale of good and once we reach a goal another organization is helped. Elf Island is filled with wonderful virtual items that can be used to build amazing homes. I personally have had a lot of fun building in the game and enjoy seeing the creativity of the members. The game is free to join but in any online world today there is a paid version to help support the game. I chose to pay knowing my money was going to good use. It also helps keep advertising off the site which I love. I think it is crazy to think a game can survive without some kind of support. The low price per month is less then the cost of a movie ticket and gives you a complete month of gaming fun will full access to all features. You won’t be disappointed in Elf Island. I bright colorful engaging world full of cute elves, many games and a goal of continuing to do good in the world! For more information on Elf Island please be sure to check out Elf Island Fansite, a wonderful, safe, G-Rated site full of up to the minute latest news of the island. Hope to see you in Elf Island.

Parent of a 4 year old Written byproudparent October 12, 2009

Excellent game with positive impact.

As a parent and a teacher, I find Elf Island to be extremely educational and entertaining. Both my children and students love the game. They get to be entertained while learning about the world around them. Even better, at the end of every 30-day cycle, the children learn how the positively impacted the world around them. Their tagline is Play Games Do Good. What better message could a parent ask for? Kudos to Elf Island!

Parent of a 2 year old Written byRolyPoly October 15, 2009

A Pretty Promising Game

Obviously, Roman is too young to play it (though he does like the colorful pictures and music), but I definitely like the positive message that the game has. The game has a lot of events that seems to keep kids interested, and I see moderators around all the time.