Kid reviews for Yooka-Laylee

Retro-style 3D tale's charms overcome wonky camera issues.

Based on 1 review
Kid, 12 years old May 19, 2018

Epic, fun, adventurous and friendly adventure!

'Tis a fantastic game. Yooka and Laylee have a wonderful set of moves that are fun to use even when you have no intention of actually completing anything. There are no real life messages to young kids playing, but it's certainly going to give them a good time AND there are a few innuendos but it really doesn't deserve an E 10+ ESRB rating. The story is really satisfying, the dialogue is hilarious, catching all them Pagies gives me a wondeful time, music is SO MUCH FUN (I listen to it very often outside of the game). Harks back so wonderfully to Banjo-Kazooie and -Tooie, and I cannot wait to see more from Playtonic. A quick note, however, is that much of my view on this game is opinion; it won't appeal to everyone. The game is most certainly NOT worth $40, and technical difficulties (and a somewhat lack of polish overall) do degrade the quality of the experience a good bit. If you're like me (you've got low standards, and all you want is a carbon-copy of Banjo-Kazooie that's different enough to be its own game), then this game is for you; just be careful not to set your standards too high - if you do, you simply can't enjoy Yooka-Laylee.

Ease of Play