All teen and kid member reviews for 127 Hours

Teen, 14 years old Written byNewYorkTimes April 19, 2011

Best of the Year

One of the best movies of the year. SPOILER: The only bad parts are when he swears and when he cuts his arm off which was a very minoir scene.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJnic April 22, 2011

One of the Best Movies I've Ever Seen

This movie was incredible and is definitely worth watching. Phenomenal acting and directing help adapt this powerful story into a deeply moving and inspirational film. I had to turn my face away a couple times during the amputation scene (though it is a vital part of the movie, it can be easily avoided without taking away from the overall film) Even if viewers don't feel up to sitting through the graphic (though short) amputation scene, I would definitely recommend this film to anyone. 127 Hours is an experience that leaves a lasting impression on its viewers.
Kid, 11 years old April 7, 2011

A little gory.

It's a really intresting movie. There are swears and one too violent scene. Although, the rest is great. The movie has a great message and great acting by Franco.
Kid, 12 years old June 27, 2014

CSM Insight - 127 Hours (DVD)

What other families should know is that this is a disturbing true story which made people pass out in cinemas. The man gets his arm trapped and in the end ~spoiler alert~ has to amputate his arm, in result of strong gory, bloody injury. He also curses and uses bad language. Overall Insight: Blood, strong gory injury, some strong language, tension/intense scenes.
Teen, 17 years old Written byThe Informer June 9, 2011

127 Hours is superb, but graphic.

127 Hours is an excellent movie with a groundbreaking performance from James Franco, excellent cinematography and editing, and a strong sense of triumph and liberation at the end. However, this is not an easy movie to sit through. There are scenes that will make almost anybody cringe at during the amputation scene. It is very bloody, disturbing, and it made the whole audience cringe. I highly recommend this movie, but just be cautious of the amputation scene when going into it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKaihfewuory327ybch April 19, 2011

Thrilling movie- James Franco was amazing!

Excellent portrayl of a heart warming true story. An outstanding performance by James Franco- Beautiful landscape, breathtaking soundtrack, this movie has it all! Would have loved to seen it pick up at least one award at the Oscars, but it will always be a winner for me.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy March 15, 2015

Powerful message

This movie was very good, and a great performance by Franco. It teaches to never give up, and also to appreciate your life because it may end any day. Its iffy for anyone because of the very graphic and realistic amputation scene. Its clearly a movie intended to be watched by adults, but 17 year olds should be good with it. You seriously don't want to let anyone younger than 17 or maybe 16 watch it, trust me.
Kid, 10 years old December 22, 2014

BEST MOVIE EVER!

This is the best movie eve. It is true so its not that bad as like micheal myers. There is one scooby foo jump scene. The language is nothing worse than what a grade 4 up hears at school. And you can just skip the bloody part.
Kid, 12 years old June 10, 2014

BBFC 14

14: Contains one scene of strong gory injury and infrequent strong language.
Kid, 10 years old June 13, 2013

127 review by a 10 yearold kid

I am ten and I thought it was a great inspirational movie I would recommend skipping the sexual images warning SPOILER!: when he cuts off his hand there is lots of blood I would not recommend skipping it since it is the main event in the movie I would however recommend keeping it muted it makes it a lot less gross and more barable though it depends on your childs age and his view of violence for instance my 12 year old brother had to leave and my mom moaned a lot I wasn't really bothered like I said the mute button helps overall it was a great movie and very inspirational.
Kid, 10 years old June 1, 2013

COULD OF BEEN BETTER

a good movie, but could of been better. I thought James Franco was superb in the lead role. An amazing story but the movie could of been better. Contains one scene of bloody injury and strong language.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheMovieGuru April 18, 2015

Amazing true story adapted into a powerful film

127 Hours is one of my favourite movies, and for good reason. It tells the remarkable true story of Aron Ralston, though i won't go into explaining it. The acting is phenomenal, the soundtrack well-crafted, and overall, a fantastic movie. SPOILER ALERT The scene in which Aron amputates his arm does show blood, muscles and a nerve, but i was able to sit through it without looking away once. The loud, high noise used for the nerve was very effective, and the practical effects were amazing. People have vomited/fainted/had seizures because of this movie, but come on people, what movie did you think you were watching? If you don't have a stomach about as strong as wet tissue paper, then i strongly recommend this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMichael D. Jordan February 23, 2014

The movie is not that extreme.

im not sayin that this is a kid's movie. i say this is for all ages in my opinion. because it shows kids on how to get out of something that they are stuck at.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 June 2, 2013

Thoroughly inspiring, powerful human drama!

After having read Ralston's harrowing account, I was ready for this film, having no idea how stylishly well done and moving it would be. Boyle really went all out on this one, and the engaging score, quick editing and Franco's devoted, gritty performance. The viewer can't help but feel helpless as they watch this man fight for his life against what fate had in store for him, but its message of self-determination and will is pervasive. NOT FOR YOUNGER KIDS.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTiggerBear February 22, 2013

Great Movie!

This was a very good movie, and the acting was great as well. Most of the movie is fine for children, except for a small amount of swearing. The only part that is not for young viewers, is a scene toward the end where there is a very vivid scene of a man sawing his arm off. You can see nerves and hear bones break. Over all a great movie, though.
Teen, 14 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 January 19, 2013

inspiring adventure tale has some blood, swearing, and constant suspense

this suspensful, pretty, and at times bloody drama about a trapped climber has scenes that will make people cringe and look away. but behind all that disturbing images is a message about not giving up hope in order to survive. 127 Hours tells the story of Aron Ralston, a hiker who gets trapped while climbing by himself. after a few days, or 127 hours, he decided to cut off his arm in order to get out. this film has low level violence but it does have some consequences. Aron drinks his own pee in a gross scene, is almost drowned in a torrent of water, and in the films iconic and controversial scene, he slices off his arm. that scene shows little detail (Aron pulls out an artery or 2) but their is plenty of blood splattered everywhere. Aron even touches his nerves. asides for the gruesome pain, is strong language and scenes of beer guzzling.
Teen, 17 years old Written byOGORMAN December 18, 2012

Spectacular!! Powerful!! Inspiring!!

The incredible, true story of Aron Ralston, the climber who got his hand trapped under a boulder, is beautifully personified on the big screen. As usual, James Franco does an impeccable job. Portraying Aron, Franco conveys the inspiring message to never give up no matter how high the odds are stacked against you. The main concern you should have when watching (obviously, if you know the story behind this movie) is the violent, gruesome images. There are many bloody images and gruesome sound effects as Aron rips through skin, bone, and nerve. It is horrifying but also makes you realize how fortunate you really are to never have had to go through this type of pain and anguish. As for language, there were mainly uses of f--- and some s--- but not senselessly used and not over-used either. Apparently there is some slight innuendo and sexual talk, although I did not strongly notice it myself. There was the "freeze-out" scene, where he was having a flashback about a girl, when there was implied nudity but nothing is seen. Otherwise the strong imagery is the main thing to look out for when considering letting your teens under 16 watch this movie. It is definitely not for anyone under 15 though. This is because not only have I seen it, but my younger cousin (10) apparently managed to watch it behind his parents backs and he had nightmares forever. He has since recovered and enjoys talking about the different aspects of the movie (aside from the violent parts). :) This newest cinematic masterpiece is a must-see!
Teen, 16 years old Written byevolinag September 12, 2012

Superb story of life will is moving, but extremely bloody.

"127 Hours" is the true story of Aron Ralston, a mountain climber whose arm gets stuck between two rocks. In the next 127 hours he will suffer more than any other person on earth - until he finds an almost even more horrifying way to escape... This movie was nominated for 6 Academy Awards, and would have deserved to win each - and Danny Boyle should have been at least nominated for one as Best Director. James Franco acts like he really would suffer like his character. The soundtrack to this movie is propably the best one released in the last few years, leaving all the other nominees - even Inception - behind. The movie is very powerful, strong and filled with both extremely positive and disturbing moments. It is a story of a man whose life will was that strong, that he did the most gruesome thing a man can do. At some parts it is hard to believe that this is a true story. And also it is hard to believe that this movie never won any Oscar. (SPOILERS may follow:) As for the age restriction you need to know that this movie is EXTREMELY graphic and very hard to watch. Some people fainted watching it. The fact that this is actually a true story makes it even more uncomfoartable. Actually, it is one scene only, but it lasts for a long time. Aron Ralston cuts off his arm with a knife. This scene is EXTREMELY graphic and detailed, in both visuals and sound effects. During the whole sequence Aron is in a state of pain, which you can tell from his face. He is breaking a bone and then cuts up the arm. He then tries to cut a nerve three times. You can hear a terrible, loud noise each time he touches it, which - in a strange way - makes you feel how painful this must be. He finally does. Then he cuts off the last chunk of flesh until the arm finally seperates from the body. Blood is seen during the whole sequence. This is the only violent scene in the movie, but it is pretty long and detailed. There also is some language, 13 uses of the f-word and some s-words. (END OF SPOILERS) This movie needs caution. Know your child. If your kid can handle strong violence, and also can handle the fact that this movie is based on true events, it is okay. However, it should not be watched by anyone under the age of 15.
Kid, 10 years old July 14, 2012

GOOD movie

it really wasn't that bad!! I'm 10 and i saw it!!! of course my parents had to fast forward the "sexy stuff" but otherwise its pretty good!!
Kid, 12 years old July 3, 2012

Bloody

This movie is really good. I am twelve and it was bloody but not that bad for me. IF YOU DON'T LIKE TO SEE BLOOD DON'T WATCH!!! I thought it was really good