All teen and kid member reviews for 17 Again

Kid, 9 years old August 8, 2009

Cool movie

AWESOME! But innapropriate; guy dates his own daughter in his 17-year-old form.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybluecandy July 10, 2011

Maturity

I'm 13, and I thought it was a little. . ."iffy". I think it all depends on maturity, and how your kid is able to handle issues of this movie. I personally don't recall drugs or alcohol (though I may have just not been paying attention), but sex is definatly an issue, as well as at the same time a good opener for "the talk" or atleast a good topic for young girls about how some guys may look at them. There are some scenes that truly got me wondering "Ok, so much for a family movie." like where several girls are all begging for sex with one male, or when one of the perverted boys grabs a handful of condoms and looks at his girlfriend. Or where a teenage girl gets Zach's character in a bedroom and is lunging at him for sex. Also Zach's friend has a girlfriend of which sex comes up, it doesn't show anything, but at the end of their date they discuss whose house they'll go to, and things like that. What I mean by good role models is when Zach gets confronted with these sexual issues (because inside he's a grown man), he knows what happens and tries to avoid them, as well as lean the distraught teenagers towards realizing the consequences BEFORE it happens. So if you think you're child is ready, as well as YOU; the parent are ready to talk about these issues, then I say 13-14 and up, but be very certain if you are showing you're 13 year old. You may want to pause the movie and explain how this relates to real life and how they need to be careful, I've seen young teens (that's right, 13-14), who think this is what always happens in high school, that's as you say; "the norm", and they use that as guidelines for their actions. Overall the movie is heartfelt and funny. But that doesn't always make it appropriate. (As for violence, I believe one fight scene, that from what I recall Zach was in for his good reasons, not too much child explaining there.) (And as for swearing; yes, there is some. But alot of teenagers and young teens as well DO swear alot. I'm definatly not saying it's good, but I'm saying your child should begin getting used to it, if they are atleast 13, but you should also talk to them about how NOT to swear, and to not give into that temptation. I, like I said, am 13, and almost all my classmates swear some of the time, but I remember there are better words for every one of those, and I tune it out, as well as try and ease them towards swearing less, to where at least they don't swear around me, and you should urge your child to do the same. They need to build a "no drugs, no sex, no language" reputation with their classmates, and they should be slightly more behaved around your child, (but results may vary))
Teen, 16 years old Written bybigturtles13 April 13, 2012

my review of 17 again

i just saw this movie last night. it has inspirational value and teaches kids that everything in life can not be relived. what happened in the past stays in the past. i always want to relive the past but i know that i will make the same mistakes. but if you had a chance to relive the past... would you? i would.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytophat2grl January 2, 2011

Perfect for middle schoolers and high schoolers

I am a 13 year old girl and I personally loved the movie. I've never been a big Zac Efron fan, however, it is good to know that he can "grow up" with his acting. I would recommend this movie to middle school and high school students. It's a good romantic comedy and a great sleepover movie. If you are concerned with sex, drugs, and language then I wouldn't suggest this movie, however, it's not THAT bad.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBondJamesBond July 4, 2014

O.K. But Pretty Unrealistic

this movie is pretty inappropriate, for a high-school movie, let's start with the sex, there is a teenage pregnancy at the beginning of the film. 3 girls fall for a guy and they imply, a 3-way. a guy breaks up with a girl right after they had sex. And they talk about an uncle "having a baby" with a mom embarrassed that she had sex with the man. and their are a lot of make out scenes, between the same two people. for drinking, at a party everyone get's drunk and on of them threatens he will call the cops because they were doing underaged drinking. for language, there is nothing much, just some sh-t, and d-mn. there is really no violence in the movie besides, some bullying. i think it is ok for kids 12, or 13+. critically, the movie is pretty cliche. and some of the scenes come off as stupid, the movies interpretation of high school is unrealistic, the dialogue is pretty stupid, there are some funny moments, but overall it gets a - (5.8/10.)
Teen, 13 years old Written byYYgirl February 22, 2016

Funny, Cute Movie

I first watched this movie as a twelve year old, and personally, there was nothing wrong with it. I could understand what was going on and my parents and older brother enjoyed it too. This isn't a movie that would be played in a sixth or seventh grade classroom, but outside of school, if your kid is mature enough, give it a go. I never laughed so much. You'll definitely enjoy it. However, just know, just because Zac Efron is playing basketball in a high school movie, doesn't mean it's another Troy Bolton character.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytayswifty13 August 21, 2012

drama,suspense,romance,humor, and a sexy zac efron :)

it is a really good movie for kids around age 12 like me because well, its HILARIOUS. and all teenage girls love zac efron :P so it would be a funny movie for them. a warning though, theres a few bad words, a teenager that gets pregnant, and a lot of kissing and talk about sex. but it also teaches your kids a few things about life you may or may not think they need to know. i understand if u wont let your 9 year old watch it but i'd say a mature 11 year old could. honestly though, it is a really funny movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byred365 July 10, 2012

For Kids 10+

This movie is funny and has a good message. Efron is more grown up in this movie and you might want to think twice about letting your preteen see it.
Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2012

reviews

Apart from teenage pregnancy, this is a completely family-friendly film. Dont let anybody under 9 see it though.
Kid, 12 years old April 8, 2012

come ON, parents!!

Believe it or not, I saw this movie when I was 8! My parents took me and my big brother on a Sunday just to get out of the house and we ended up loving this movie! Even though I was young I still understood all of the movie except for the part about the condoms. Yes, its a little inappropriate, but if your kid is mature, just take them! And there's no need to have a "discussion" about the content because that just creates an awkward moment!
Teen, 14 years old Written byminniemousegal March 26, 2012

Not for HSM tween fans!

This Zach efron comedy was pretty funny, cute and interesting but definetely not for innocent HSM tween fans! Unfortunately, there was a ton of sexual content including a bizarre animal-like seducing scene. Abstinence is not really shown in a positive light, and the main character kisses his friend's mom. Overall it was an ok movie full of sex and suggestive language.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySamanthaBecaxo March 3, 2012

Perfect for high schoolers

Great movie for teens.Talks about a lot of sexual things including one of the actors writing erection on his piece of paper
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 March 3, 2012

Not usual Efron Movie

Not for young kids. Sexual content very mature
Kid, 10 years old February 21, 2012

Eh...pretty good, I guess.

I'm 10, I saw the movie at night--did not finish, but from what I've seen, I guess I mabye should have thought twice about watching it, perhaps for the sexual content a few people would say wasn't appropriate for my age and mabye same for language. Other than these two things it was overall a good movie, not as appealing for me at this point, probably for underage, I would recommend it for 11 and up, pause for 11 to 9, and on for 12 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySeminolefreak August 1, 2011

Flashback to 80s comedies with modern tastes (etc. Texting, social media,)

My MPAA Rating, PG-13: language, some sexual material, and teen partying
Kid, 11 years old May 3, 2011

its ok but just a bit of swaring

perfect film i loved it so much
Kid, 10 years old April 30, 2011
Very inappropiate my mom thinks so!
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 23, 2011

A Typical PG-13 Movie

The rating is just right for this movie. It holds many sexual jokes that would sure-as-heck not be in a PG movie, but can be accepted in a PG-13 movie, that it was. There isn't really anything bad in this movie. I guess you could call it a typical PG-13 movie.
Kid, 11 years old March 6, 2011

Good for Zac Efron fans

It was good but the friend was wierd and I don't know why Mike keeps flirting with the mom even though he was her wife it was a little strange. Funny and over all it was a good movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byabbs January 1, 2011