All parent member reviews for 21 Jump Street

Parent Written bystephanine March 17, 2012

Think before you take your kids to certain movies!!!!

I just went to go see this movie and I was appauled, not by the movie but a couple diffrent families who took their children to see it. hello its rated R. how hard is it to check a site like this. that was not appropriate and I was distracted by the childrens reactions to that stuff. the people right infront of me brought 3 young children to the movie when the lorax plays right next door. parents please think before you take your kids to movies!!! there was too much in this movie that 3 children the oldest of whom couldnt be more than 9 just dont need to see.
Parent Written bykennapage March 17, 2012

Good Movie

My 13 year old daughter and all of her friends went and saw this movie. They said it was really funny but super inappropriate. An adult went with them and said it was okay and that it was really gross at the end. The violence wasn't bad at all, just shooting. It's centered around drugs so, if your kid is afraid of drug use, NOT A GOOD CHOICE. Overall, I am happy she went and saw it. It taught her about friendship and things along those lines! WONDERFUL MOVIE.
Parent Written byChesy the KID April 14, 2012

Good For all ages

This movie does have drugs, drinking, and bad language, but your kids aregonna be exposed to this in the next few years and maybe have already been exposed to this stuff. So I think that if they want to seee this legendary movie I think that they should. I mean we were all kids once, so I want you to think back to when you were a kid and remember how much you wnted to seee all those R movies but never were aloud to. I mean I can't tell you what to do but just saying that it is fine for your kids. Also I would like to say that this is a fatsastic movie and out of all the movies I've seen This one Is defenitly the best.
Parent Written bymcantrell April 19, 2012

Misses the mark

The language is absurd. From the beginning scene until the very end the use of F***, MF, are used in nearly every sentence. The guys in the movie also constantly talk about their, um, private parts and very descriptive and crude conversations about what they are going to do to each other is ridiculous. The funniest parts of this movie are on the movie trailer. Do yourself a favor and save 10 bucks and watch that instead.
Adult Written byage 10+ April 1, 2012

Hilarious movie!!!!!

Let me just start by saying that this is now my favourite movie! It is hilarious! But the movie is often crude and the humour is not for young kids.
Parent Written byScarsdale mom April 1, 2012

Constant, Graphic Sex Talk and Cursing -- Inappropriate for Even Teens

I had read the NYT review, which said that apart from the language, the movie could be shown on broadcast TV. This made me think it would be like the TV version, with the addition of some curse words, and along the lines of The King's Speech, which was only rated R for occasional use of curse words. I couldn't have been more wrong. I normally don't let my children see PG-13 movies, but I let my guard down. In a complete lapse of judgement, I took my 9-year-old daughter and two of her friends, at the same time that my husband took our 10-year-old son. I totally regretted it. My husband is much more lax on these matters than I am, and he said he was shocked by how inappropriate it was. The beginning was tame and funny, but it quickly devolved into non-stop graphic cursing along sexual lines and graphic acting out of sexual scenarios, albeit in a horsing-around type of way. It also showed many scenes of teenagers making out, getting drunk and taking drugs. There is also violence, a teen death from a drug overdose, two deaths or more from gunshots and a graphic display of three-way sex, although the key body parts were covered up. This could never be shown on broadcast tv unless 30% of the scenes and dialog were deleted. The language alone was so profane, constant, and graphic that I feel that they have heard enough cursing and sex talk to last a lifetime. They shouldn't think that this type of language is common or permissible. If it had only been my husband and myself, I would have enjoyed the funny parts of the movie but still felt bombarded by the graphic nature and constant cursing. With my children there, I couldn't enjoy it at all, and my only hope is that most of it went above their heads. I discovered Common Sense Media after I came home from the movie and will definitely be checking this website before taking them to anything rated PG-13 or higher.
Parent Written byMommaMcC March 21, 2012

Hilarious For Adults, Not So for Kids

A lot of jokes and gags about male genitalia. Overall, a very funny movie, but I was glad I didn't let my 12 or 14 year old see it. They would have been uncomfortable during some parts.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byBuddy Jensen August 16, 2013

21 Jump Street

I think 21 Jump Street is a good movie. I took my 13 year old son to see it and he liked it and I liked it. There is some suggestive content but in my opinion it is mild and ok for kids 13 and up. It has a positive message and it is very funny.
Adult Written bygeonuts March 20, 2012

Funny movie - okay for older teens.

I took my sons, ages 14 and 16, to see this movie last week. It was fine for the 16 year old but probably not the 14 year old. I think he aged a couple of years in the 2 hours of watching the movie.
Adult Written byAllie Pierson September 15, 2012

One of my faves.

Funny but NOT for kids.
Adult Written byNukeNerd June 30, 2012

Funny 13 or older only

WOAH,WOAH,WOAH,People,People chill out this movie has the rate of violence 1 out of 5 stars,sex 1 out of 5 stars,shooting 4 out of 5 stars,language 5 out of 5 stars.My point is,is that the movie is based on comedy and a bit of violence with language,no need for 16,17,or even not for kids.This movie should be the age of minimum of the age of 13.
Parent Written byHumorFan87 July 30, 2012

Come on!!!

Come On People! Yeah this movie does have some inapropriate things in it but it's nothing your child hasn't already been exposed to! It's one of the Funniest movies I've seen in a long time! As long as your Kid isn't Impressionable They should watch it!!! Have a sense of humor people.
Adult Written bycommin July 15, 2012

The Funniest S--t Ever!

I watched it with my friends last night. and i almost had a heart attack from laughing so much
Adult Written bytherealbwr June 18, 2012

Very Funny

Adult Written byjoshua martinez March 31, 2012

16 and up.

21 Jump Street is a waste of money and a waste of time only good for laughs only for your older teens to watch and parents you need to know that this comedy movie 21 Jump Street has some strong violence some sexual content constant strong language used and a lot of drinking and drugs used.
Adult Written byhorsemasterbray February 28, 2015

I don't care how mature your child is, this is NOT a kids movie. This is a very funny movie and I would watch it again, but I would not suggest it for younger to mid or even upper teens. It seemed like every other word was a cuss word like f**k, sh*t, d**k , p***y, or bitch. It often shows or references drugs and shows the two main characters swallowing drugs. While there are no graphic sex scenes, there is a brief shot of a 3 way. No where in the movie do I see where the lead characters are good role models. They are immature (hence one of the reasons they were picked to portray teenagers), foul mouthed, and strive to be popular even if it means hurting their best friend's feelings. In the end, this was made to be an adult action/comedy and that is exactly what it is.
Adult Written byzeekattacklee January 30, 2015

21 jump street review

The Film wasn’t too bad.. On the other hand, The film does contain a lot of violence ,language, drugs,and Sexual material.. Otherwise a great film for adults and Mature teenagers .. Other than that, I wouldn’t recommend this film to younger children..
Parent of a 13 and 16 year old Written byswogden July 29, 2014

A couple of extremely inappropriate moments...

I read and watched the video review of 21 Jump Street and decided to let my 16 and 14 year olds watch it. I wish I hadn't! I agree with the "yellow" for 16 that they have, but the words of the review did not cover the content enough...The extreme amount and "quality" of the foul language was not conveyed, and there was a shot of three completely naked people glued together in a "threesome" that I was NOT expecting. In addition, a man attempts to pick up his own privates in his mouth (after they were shot off). I wanted to document those two things in case it helps another parent decide.
Parent of a 13 and 16 year old Written byGlen_Thompson26 July 5, 2014

Funny Movie!

21 Jump Street had me laughing the entire movie. I let my one of my kids see this movie at age 14 because he is a mature kid. There is not a lot of sexual references. I think the reason the movie was rated R is because of the language. If you are worried about your kid swearing, sign a contract with them saying that if he swears you can take away something of his for a period of time. I think that this movie is ok for a mature 13 year old. If your kid doesn't show a lot of maturity wait until he is 14.
Parent of a 18 year old Written byredhawk3260 May 13, 2014

Very crude, but very funny, with gross language

I really enjoy Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum but all their movies can be inappropriate and this is one of those movies. Little family violence but lots of swearing including f*** and s***, but lots of bitch and asshole, plus adds some sex that happens in a bed where they perform a threesome, and is based on getting drug dealers at a high school and finding the supplier