Parent and Kid Reviews on

21 Jump Street Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 50 parent reviews

Sort by:

Spoiler Alert! Still please read.

Now, this movie is one of my favorites. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum had an amazing performance playing idiot cops trying to fit in as teenagers at a high school. The swearing, many f-bombs sometimes used in sexual concepts but most kids know what that means already whether you like it or not kids learn about this stuff from friends or school. I know my kids know about sexual information from friends and I hate to say it but most kids who are way to young to know so much know all of the information about sex. For violence it is pretty basic. Not too bad. When there is really any form of violence it used in a comedic way. Like when Johnny Depp is shot and tells his friend about all his regrets as he dies. Or when the gym teacher is shot on the penis and it falls off. In a comedic way they show it lying on the ground but it's super fake and it's all a joke. Other than a split second of partial nudity there aren't any sex scenes. Yes, they talk about it but other then like not even a full second of them walking in on 3 people in a bedroom there isn't really anything. Drinking and Drugs are really basic also. They throw a drinking party and there are a lot of high schoolers but you're kids aren't going to see that and be like, "Wow maybe I should do that in high school!" You may think you're kids are irresponsible sometimes but they aren't dumb. Most kids know when to draw the line. Overall the movie is hilarious and I think a mature kid that wouldn't repeat the jokes to you or their friends could watch it. Thank You

1 person found this helpful.

Hilarious-But not for kids

This movie is funny as hell. That being said, I'm really surprised by the amount of children who have seen this. I understand that we want to share movie nights and experiences with our kids but when did we stop caring about age appropriate material for children who are still developing their little brains? There are plenty of movies that are just as funny that have little to no vulgar language and sexual content. You aren't your children's friends- you're their parents. If you care about what your children are exposed to then this movie shouldn't be on your list. The content is just not child friendly. Let your kids be kids ffs. One day they'll be old enough to watch these kinds of movies with you but in the mean time allow them to share experiences with you that aren't full of sex scenes or content and disgusting language ABOUT sex and drugs.

1 person found this helpful.

17+

This movie is hilarious. It is one of the best comedies I have ever seen. But 17+ is a good age rating. Their is a bunch of swearing. Some s*x jokes and one s*x scene with a really weird threesome. The ending is pretty inappropriate too. The teachers di*k falls off and he tries to pick it up with is mouth.

This movie is completely inappropriate.

I don’t understand how anyone can say this movie should be 11+ or 13+. That’s ridiculous!! This is why children are having sex now, because we had normalized it in everything. Parents if you care about what your children watch, don’t let them watch this movie. Foul language in every sentence. They even showed a threesome. Just disgusting!!!

Great, but mature.

I think this is a great buddy cop movie! This is for sure my favorite cop comedy of all time! Although I have have seen very few, this is definitely number one. Aside from that, it has an inordinate amount of profanity, lots of sex, and drug material. There are around 125 F words and nearly 100 S words. The word "D**k" is used around 30 times and the word "Damn" is used about 12 times including 10 paired with "God." There are many graphic sexual discussions including references to oral sex, masturbation, and group sexual activities. There is also some violence, though most of it is comical, it does get graphic, including a shootout in a hotel room and removal of a man's penis. This film also contains underage drinking and drug use involving teens at a party. Though this movie is one of Jonah Hill's best, it is an on the fence choice for teens 16 and up.

Great movie funny movie for all on tv and kids can watch it on dvd

A man is brutally shot in the groin...

Good humour throughout... until near the end a man is shot in the groin and his penis falls off, then bends over to pick it up with his mouth. Definitely not for kids or even teenagers, completely tasteless humour if yiu can even call it that.

Possibly The Funniest Movie I’ve Ever Seen

Okay, look, it’s very crude and has a lot of swearing. Guess what? Most teens have a higher swear-count within two-three days than his movie! But yeah, there’s a lot. My 12 and 15 year olds love it. So do my husband and I. Honestly, it’s progably the FUNNIEST movie I’ve ever watched! Mature people can handle it. The whole movie is about drugs, but personally, I don’t find drinking/smoking it be a huge deal. If your child understands that drinking lots of alcohol and doing drugs(unless prescribed by a doctor) isn’t good, then they should be fine.

10.5.10 (25/30)

21 jump street is a 2012 action/comedy which received positive reviews from critics and audiences alike. This movie is rated R for crude and Sexual content, pervasive language, drug material, teen drinking and some violence. PARENTS SECTION: Sex/nudity: (10/10) This movie has lots of straight-up crude humor involving sexuality, and is very graphic. There are violent references to castration and rape throughout. A man dry humps another man 2 times and the man screams while the man who is dry humping him laughs and squeals. A woman bends over as means to convince a man older than her to lick her backside. She thinks he is a teenage boy. A man pretends an object is a dildo and thrusts it into people’s faces while it is between his legs. A man calls a kid gay. A woman comments that two men finger pop each other’s a--holes. Two men talk about sucking d--ks throughout the movie. A man sees three people having sex. They are in a pile thrusting, moaning, and sweating. A man tells a man to keep his d--k in his pants. A prostitute tries to suck a man’s penis, but fails. A man’s penis is shot off. We see it on the ground, clearly erect. In the end credits you see a man and a woman having anal sex. The woman is lightly moaning. A picture of a little boy is vandalised, as someone draws an ejaculating penis in his mouth. Violence/gore: (5/10) There is some comic bloody violence, but it is all extremely mild. Language: (10/10) Language throughout. Uses of f**k, p---y, c--t, a--hole, bitch, penis, vagina, c--ksucker, n----r, motherf----r and every other bad word. REVIEW: 21 jump street is another sex comedy. I hate sex comedies, but this is an exception. 21 jump street is an expertly crafted film with hilarious situations in which the characters must find their way out of. It is very funny, per se, but the cast expertly play the cleverly written characters, with heartfelt, if sex-obsessed and profane, warmth. NOTE: This film also contains graphic drug use.