All parent member reviews for 28 Weeks Later

Adult Written byFZNNJ July 21, 2010

Not as good as the first, but still good

This movie is less of a powerhouse that the first movie was but it is still decent. The language is stronger than in the first and the obvious conversations about sex seemed to be designed just to get the warning "sexual conduct" and to draw more people in. Unlike the first movie this movie has a much stronger anti military message, that being said, of the two good role models one of them is the soldier that disobeys orders, leaving the meaning inclined viewers to question what later on happens in the film, when the children follow the orders of the soldier that didn't follow orders and have a much better outcome. Try figuring that one out.The violence in this movie is pushed forward as the main plot device considering that some of the main parts of the movie are scenes and montages of people getting shot, lit on fire, killed with thumbs in the eyes method, firebombs, etc. The zombie's this time were not put as the main enemy which may disappoint big fans of the first movie, but the movie portrays the military as a whole acting like zombies. Some few unoriginal and sometimes down right idiotic plot devices keep the story moving, not for squeamish or sensitive viewers.
Adult Written bychristian2011 November 30, 2012

Good sequel to the first.

28 Weeks Later involves less violence and gore than the first one, but it still contains intense and frightening sequences of bloody zombie violence including innocent people who get shot during a biohazard emergency with graphic spurting wounds. Another gruesome scene is where the father gets to see his afflicted wife who he didn't bother to save during their horrific invasion in the beginning of the film, and they kiss each other. But, he slowly transforms into a crazed zombie (his eyes, nose and mouth splurt blood) and kills her by jamming his thumbs into her eye sockets. Very disturbing and gruesome scene. Language is strong and frequent, with uses of f**k, sh*t, godd**n, b*tch, h*ll and other crude terms. 28 Weeks Later is a relatively good apocalyptic zombie sequel with a well written plot and storyline with some shocking twists.
Adult Written bydarthsitkur October 19, 2012

better than the first

28 weeks later is a great mixture of hardcore horror and nonstop action, and of course this movie has tons of blood and gore in it lol
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe May 26, 2010

Unless my boyfriend got down on his hands and knees to beg me to watch this movie, I wouldn't even go near it!
Parent Written byPlague February 2, 2010

28 Weeks Later

Not a good sequel in my opinion. The beginning is more interesting than the first, but all in all, if this sequel had a better story, it would have been a great movie.
Adult Written byShadowchild322 November 28, 2009

loved the movie and will watch it again and again ^-^ scary and one of the best zombie films i have ever gotten my hands on and i have seen a lot of zombie films, one of my favorite horror creatures. so unhuman but so human all the same.
Adult Written byuytt2 October 29, 2009

when is saw this movie i loved it from begining to end its scary violent and in a way realistic this one of the best zombie movies this year
Adult Written byjesus3boy April 24, 2009

if you like to be scared and dont mind language and gore this is the most amazingly realistic zombie movie I have ever seen. adults only
Adult Written byChristc878 April 9, 2008

what's the point?

What is the point of this movie except to show as much blood and guts and people being gunned down? When we have massacres such as Columbine and Virginia Tech, these kind of movies are inexcusable. There are deranged people out there who feed off these type movies and it angers me that they are produced.
Adult Written bygirlwithredshoes April 9, 2008
Adult Written bybdgoodies April 9, 2008

Grimacingly Amazing Fun!

Sex- Very very brief breasts. Violence- Just as much as first, except for one scene with helicopter blades. Language- Often but said so quickly that it will fly over your head. Alcohol- No drinking or drug use at all. An amazing film good for 13 years and up. If you have seen the first, see this now! It will live up to your expectations! Grimacingly amazing fun!!!! Terrifyingly humorous!
Adult Written byrhinosaur1 April 9, 2008

Very depressing

It started off good, then became too violent and depressing.(spoiler) Couldn't understand why the father chased the son all over the place. The scene with the father killing the mother was over kill.
Adult Written byeagle_wings2000 April 9, 2008

YOU SICK PEOPLE

SICK SICK SICK YUK AND PARDON ME WHILE I BARF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byeverlast April 9, 2008

I i i i "nuff said"

I would'nt take a date gross!
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

AN EXCELLENT MOVIE.......for ADULTS

This is really a great, exciting thriller. I've seen a lot of horror movies and it takes a lot to scare me....but this one did!! That being said, it's not for kids, at all. No way. It has a lot of language and tons of violence. There is one sex scene, but it's viewed through the window and is honestly no big deal. You can't see anything but a couple moving around in bed with a blanket over them. The violence is really disgusting at some points. Leave the kids at home.