Kid reviews for 47 Meters Down

Bloody shark tale is extremely tense, gripping.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMoviesarelyfe June 17, 2017

Could've had more

So you're trapped 47 meters down in the ocean with 28ft sharks.... sharks can't go as far down as the made it. I was very disappointed with the movie, I thought that there could've been more to it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySarah_C37 July 4, 2017

Predictable

I went to see 47 Meters Down and was a bit disappointed. The main characters had very little common sense and the plot was very predictable. There was also little to no character development throughout the story. This film relied heavily on jumpscares to carry the story. The ending was predictable yet anticlimactic and left you with unanswered questions about what had happened to the main characters. It is definitely not worth it to spend your money at the theater and I would wait for it to come out on DVD.
Kid, 12 years old June 20, 2017

Waste Of My Money

I recently saw the movie 47 Meters Down and was VERY disappointed! I feel like there was no plot of the movie. All it was about was that two idiotic girls went shark diving in a completely rusted cage with a shady crew. And even though the crew said to stay in the cage more than once, they continued to enter and exit the cage. But when the end finally came I was totally convinced that the producers ran out of money and had to use what they had. It was not what I expected AT ALL! This movie was not original either and just a total let down. I would not recomend spending your money on this WASTE OF TIME! I hope this was a helpful review.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycoolgirl1234567 June 27, 2017

I'm emotionally unstable

Honestly, this movie felt like a roller coaster of emotions for me. The directors played with my feelings hard core. One second I was happy because the girls would be getting rescued and the next second a shark would bite off a leg. There's nothing i can say except bring tissues, stabilize your emotions and hold on tight. I cried a total of 20 times and almost threw up maybe 50.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySophieD. June 24, 2017

47 Meters Down-fine...I guess

I'm thirteen and I went to see "47 Meters Down" with my friend. I was so super excited to go see this movie, but I was immediately confused and sort of let down. I don't want to trash this movie but it was just disappointing. The two sisters had no common sense, getting onto a sketchy boat with an even sketchier captain. Not to mention they went on with two boys they'd just met (but fallen for). The shark cage was completely rusted as well. Swearing was not a huge thing and I overlooked it most of the time. There was only a couple uses of the word f--k as in "ugh I f--ked up." After the girls go hurtling to the ocean floor they're told not to leave the cage. Of course they leave the cage anyway. I don't want to spoil the movie so I'm just going to skip to the end. The end was a cliff hanger but not the good kind, and even though I felt gripped from the jump scares I didn't feel satisfied. The characters are sketchy and paper thin. I do not recommend this movie, but I hope this review helped.
Teen, 15 years old Written byxxweyck June 26, 2017
I went to see 47 meters down with my sister and despite the fact that i was really into the movie, there was quite a few flaws. The movie had me on the edge of my seat, but it was always the same thing happening over and over. I think Lisa didnt really stand a chance if she hadnt learned stuff from Kate, but once she got past the stress and fear she had a better chance of survival than Kate, which lead to the end. Although some of the plot could have been lost, it was kind of annoying how the girls had no common sense. Overall, I would definitely recommend this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjennac00 July 26, 2017

review on 47 meters down

such a great movie but i would like to comment there is *** in this film and it should be aged 12 + and this could scare the younger generation from going cage shark diving. The effects and camera and quality is so amazing in how they do this all.Im just a big fan!!!! XX

Teen, 13 years old Written byGinou Charles July 10, 2017

Love it

Teen, 14 years old Written byLivlax22 July 2, 2017

Terrible Movie

Let me start off by saying that I never make reviews, but I felt so passionate about making a review for this movie because it greatly disappointed me. 47 Meters Down is a very predictable thriller, in which some romance was added on the side as a last-minute thing, at least that's what it seems like. There is no background to the characters, and very little to the story itself. Overall, don't waste your money to see this, it's not that big of a deal that everyone made it seem.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymovielover159 June 25, 2017

Wait

I saw this in the theaters with very low expectations. Which probably helped because I wasn't super disappointed, but I wasn't thrilled either. It was a good idea, but I guessed the ending and got it right. Bad things keep happening and it's kind of annoying and unrealistic. Certain points where there was a lot of blood and peril, which could scare kids, so I think 12 and up is a reasonable age to see it. Don't see this in theaters. Wait for Redbox.

Teen, 13 years old Written byovid230 October 3, 2017

Very good, but be warned! (Spoilers ahead)

I was SO excited to see this movie. I entered the theater expecting it to be the scariest movie I have ever seen, and I was right. I'll admit my eyes were probably closed for about half the movie. I am terrified of sharks and the ocean in general, so if you are too, be cautious about this film. There are some scary scenes, for example: sharks appear out of nowhere several times, at one point a shark is biting the bars of the cage. Two people get killed by the shark. As Lisa is getting on the boat, a huge shark rises out of the water and grabs her leg. After she escapes, she lies on the boat deck, with huge wounds where the shark tore her leg off. There is A LOT of blood in this movie. There is one point where the girls light a flare and realize they are surrounded by sharks. At the end it is very sad when Lisa realizes that Kate is gone. There are several uses of f-ck, and sh-t. There is one kiss, but pretty much the inappropriateness of this movie lies in the violence. If you are old enough and can handle it, I definitely think this is a movie you should watch. It is thrilling and exciting and will have you on the edge of your seat the whole time.

Teen, 17 years old Written byChris254 July 3, 2017

Cringe

If you are hispanic or know spanish the cringe will be real!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMsurette June 16, 2017

Unique type of horror that you wouldn't see in a typical "scary" movie

47 Meters Down is definitely a very suspenseful movie. It's one of those types of movies that stress you out so much (not in a bad way really haha) when you watch them because of all the crazy chain of events that keep taking place. When I first walked into this movie though I was really expecting to see a lot of jumpscares and true horror caused by sharks and whatnot in this movie but I was shocked to know that this movie wasn't completely focused on that type of stuff the whole time. The movie mainly focuses on two girls' fight for survival at the bottom of the ocean with some bits of gore and violence. Expect a few jumoscares and a little bit of graphic violence between the girls and the sharks. Language and sex are pretty light and not a main focus in this movie at all, I believe just one sh*t and one f*ck was used. I would definitely see this movie again and I think any teenagers who aren't terrified of sharks/the ocean should go see this movie for thrills.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLSK_1234 February 19, 2018

WORST FILM I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!

This is actually the worst film I have ever seen...the trailer looked really good but the actual movie was Crap! I hate this film so much...the director did a really bad job as well as the actors. Please do me a favour and DO NOT watch this...it was a waste of my time so it will be a waste of yours too.
Teen, 14 years old Written byera_318 June 29, 2017

Thought it wasn't that bad.

This movie wasn't as bad as all the others reviews say. My friend talked me into going to watch it because I am not the kind of person to go and watch Shark Horror movies, but I'm glad she did. I enjoyed the movie. There are mostly just jump scares that scare you. However, there are some gory moments that were a little intense, but that's more towards the ending. Also, there is some cursing that you wouldn't expect to find in a PG-13 movie, but not a lot. It's definitely not a movie for younger children, unless they can really handle shark horror.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySammi Plate January 13, 2018

Great for sleepovers!

Great movie if your not thinking of a serious good movie, I would say it's not that well made but fun if your with friends
Teen, 13 years old Written bylillahhs January 8, 2018

Really enjoyable

I thought 47 Meters Down was brilliant why did it get such bad reviews?? Depending on how mature kids are I’d say 12+ because there’s a fair bit of blood and violence and a LOT of suspense with a big plot twist at the end (I cried)

Teen, 17 years old Written byTornadosplash44 July 26, 2017

Amazing and tense shark thriller that will leave you gasping for air!

Overall this movie was pretty good. Mandy Moore and Claire Holt did great with their roles and the movie itself was extremely intense! The film does however contain some language including a single use of f**k, and a couple uses of s**t. The film also contains some drinking as well where characters are shown drinking shots. Not surprisingly, the film lots of suspenseful moments and bloody images. The involves characters in tons of peril when they are running out of oxygen, plus being surrounded by great white sharks. There are some scenes of shark attacks which aren't too graphic, but they are bloody and some bloody wounds are briefly seen. Overall this a great thriller for teens 13 and up.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySellyocouch January 29, 2018

Good acting and storyline

I was really, really impressed by this movie. The introduction to the characters didn't feel TOO rushed and they got to the point. It wasn't cheesy at all and I felt the plot was interesting and original. I found it appropriate for all except the first bit.

Teen, 13 years old Written byClayton Poe April 3, 2018

Great graphics bad acting

The sharks looked really real and it was filmed well. But those are the only good parts. The acting was pretty bad. There was one F bomb and two or three S words but there was a lot of blood kind of hard to watch. This should be good for anyone over 13. Hope this helps!