Kid reviews for A Brilliant Young Mind

A Brilliant Young Mind Poster Image

Beautiful, Tear-jerking, excellently acted

This film is so sensitively told and the actors are brilliant. Absolutely beautiful.

Emotional, amazing movie

Great movie, very emotional, little predictable, but amazing nonetheless. Many people can probably relate to it on many levels, its great.

Love the movie

It's a great movie which covers many common ideals, including: Grief, aspergers, love, work, bullying, self-harm, jealousy, drugs, depression and disabilities. I would highly recommend this movie due to its originality and thoroughness. There are many positive messages in this movie, but the most important is 'to go with your heart and not what others expect of you.' Swearing is mild and only occurs around 4 times. Intimacy consists of only kissing but other references are implied. Self-harm occurs once. Drug use occurs once but there are several more references. There is one graphic scene from a car accident from which blood is shown on a mans face which may be distressing. I think that to understand this movie you need to be over 12 due to the deep storyline.

Excellent story.

The story is about an autistic boy who goes to compete in the International Mathematics Olympiad. There are only few sexual references, but I think it still being appropriate for kids.

Autistic boy breaking through bariers

Asa hasn't performed this well since The Boy With The Striped Pajama. In this movie Nathan Ellis (Asa Butterfield) is a genius autistic boy who goes to compete in the International Mathematics Olympiad. I did click on Too Much Swearing because for this being a PG-13 movie, I didn't expect the F word being thrown around a couple times. During the film, another autistic boy gets bullied and does not get on the team for the Olympiad. Later Nathan finds him in the bathroom washing off cut wounds off of his arms that he put there with a compass (drawing tool). Also, Martin Humphreys (Rafe Spall), Nathan's teacher, pops pills and smokes a blunt that he took away from some students. Although this is bad in the moment he does get help from an AA type meeting. This beautiful movie will make you cry tears of happiness and sad and will keep you interested the whole time.