All parent member reviews for A Cat in Paris

Parent of a 10, 13, and 17 year old Written byChoson November 17, 2012

Good to watch together

Watch it together. My 8-year-old loved it, though he cuddled close during the intense parts.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bybunnie911 May 7, 2013

Edward Hopper light and shadow

Visually appealing, interesting plot, and it kept my 7 yo. daughter's attention. Positive role models? None really. Some cartoon violence.
Parent of a 5 and 9 year old Written byM382 August 20, 2012

Beautiful and interesting movie.

Took my just-turned-6 & just-turned-9-year old boys to see this. Thought-provoking story and beautifully done cartoon. We have a cat; they love cats; they loved this story because the cat is one of its heroes. To me, even though the conflict scenario here (kidnapping) was more realistic than the one in Paranorman (zombies), the violence in this movie was more cartoonish than not. We just returned from seeing Paranorman, which was very scary for my 6-year-old. He wasn't frightened at all during this movie. It was wonderful also to have the boys experience something obviously not made in the US - made as almost a love story to the city of Paris - so many architectural landmarks in the film.
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 September 9, 2014

French feline flick is gorgeously drawn

The visuals in the Oscar-nominated (let's be real, that's the only reason any of us have heard about it) "A Cat in Paris" are gorgeous, like hand-drawn pictures fresh off the drawing board coming to life before you. But even though the plot is very interesting and gets across a lot of interesting characters, music and story in a short amount of time, the dubbed dialogue is pretty lame, even through the eyes of a 10 year old. This movie also surprised me by how violence springs up, there's choking, scratching, even a quiche in the face! It's a perfectly fine kids movie for maybe older elementary school age children!