All parent member reviews for A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving

Parent Written bymyab October 14, 2010

Must See Thanksgiving TV

My family watches this every year; in fact, it's the kids who ask to see it. The Snoopy/folding chair scene still cracks me up! As far as the use of "blockhead", "idiot", etc., keep in mind when this movie was made. While kids still use these words to each other today, you won't find these sorts of phrases in most of today's gentler cartoons. However, their use in this show makes a good talking point about how mean the words sound and how they hurt Charlie Brown. It also helps to make his (Charlie Brown's) character more sympathetic, and makes him easier to connect with than most other cartoon characters.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byWisconsinMom November 28, 2009

Mayflower Voyagers not for young children

We watched both A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and the Mayflower Voyagers with our 3-year old. The Charlie Brown Thanksgiving was wonderful, but we were very upset when watching the Mayflower Voyagers after reading on the back that this was "suitable for all ages." I expected a typical Peanuts movie, but instead we got a factual history lesson on the death tolls and starvation of children on the Mayflower. These were not just quickly mentioned, but death and impending death was the main content of the film. This may be a good history lesson for kids over 10, but deffinately not for younger kids!!
Parent of a 5 and 9 year old Written bymichugalug November 28, 2009

Great classic, hold the Mayflower till their older

My kids and I love this Charlie Brown, eventhough there are words they can't use like "Stupid", "Dumb", "Blockhead", "Hate", and basic name calling. My kids know this and my youngest states "We can't use that word." All in all, these have good messages. However, the Mayflower episode afterwards is better suited for my 9-year-old. Too many scary scenes, and talk of people dying, etc.-- people falling overboard in a storm, etc.
Adult Written byLowe's man November 16, 2014

Shows the true meaning of Thanksiving; one of the few tv specials (or movies or tv series) to do so.

Charlie Brown is put on the spot when Peppermint Patty invites herself, Marcie and Franklin to his house for Thanksgiving without first asking him. So he does the best he can under the circumstances. Later Marcie reminds Peppermint Patty that Charlie Brown didn't invite her, but that she invited herself. Linus then reminds the kids- and viewers- of the true meaning of Thanksgiving. All turns out for the best- even better than any of the kids expected- when Charlie Brown's grandmother invites him and all of his friends for a "real" Thanksgiving dinner. All are grateful. A great Thanksgiving tradition!
Educator and Parent Written byJessicaG 7 December 7, 2015

Great, but....

"You sly devil," says my 3 year old to everyone now after watching this last month. She loved the movie and seemed to follow it well, but really likes this pet name for Charlie Brown....whereas I am not a huge fan of being lovingly called a sly devil.