All parent member reviews for A Cinderella Story: Once Upon a Song

Adult Written byAmy Unruh January 20, 2012

Too wordly, bad example for children.

I'm not sure how the sexual innuendos have escaped people so far, but I noticed them and my husband and I did not appreciate them. We don't have kids, but would not have allowed them to see this film if we did. One line I remember is when the stepmother is telling her daughter that if she is successful, she can get a pool shaped like Colin Farrell, and then she can see ALL of him. It is said in a very suggestive way. The music is nice, even sassy, and the voices are really great. That's about all I was able to enjoy. Good moments in the film were quickly ruined by rampant Hinduism (though a bit fake and made fun of), bare bellies, and a lead guy who can't tell the difference between a blonde with green eyes and a brunette with brown eyes. I was offended by the unnecessary scene of the girl getting locked out of the house naked and then welcoming the lead guy character with a welcome melt around her. He seems so sweet, except that he says her appearing like that is (another innuendo) a "Gift from God," and then promptly forgets about her when her stepsister ushers him inside the house and closes the door on the "Gift from God." He is too quickly interested in the stepsister, which makes me wonder at his moral character. I think the scene that offended me most besides the naked scene was the ball scene. This is a high school dance! And the boys were, of course, fully clothed while the girls were mostly in bikini-type tops with bare middriffs and belly dance pants and skirts starting at their hipbones. The dancing was quite sexy in parts and highly inappropriate for a PG-rated movie. The alcohol use was over the top, but it was portrayed negatively. I must say that I did like the ending. I thought it was a great way to end the film, as the music was the best part of the film.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bydramaqueen@hotm... September 11, 2011

kids teens adults we can all watch iy yay!

this is a great movie i think for children all ages i just recently purchased the dvd btw nice movie so yes kids you can watch it don't worry parents its not a bad movie no its a good movie!
Adult Written byLioraP August 20, 2014

LANGUAGE alert!

Did any parents actually WATCH this movie? I was working on the computer and listening casually and heart first "Biotch" then later actually "I know my mother's a Bitch but…." I also heard Crap. And all sorts of inappropriate references. I turned it off for my 10 yo girl after the Bitch part though. I have a feeling these aren't the only two or 3 language slips. It isn't a good fit for us. And we're not particularly conservative!!
Educator Written bycaffinegirl85 January 27, 2012

nicely done!

i actually liked this one. its cute and the girl can totally sing. such a beautiful amazing voice . wow great Cinderella movie it really is!