Parent and Kid Reviews on

A Dog's Way Home Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 38 kid reviews

Sort by:

The people in these reviews need to teach their kids about nature

I really don't get why everyone is whining about their sensitive children in the reviews. There's barely any blood, and it has a very happy ending. Besides, it's not as if Bella is a random dog getting taken away for no reason, the movie shows that standards against pitbulls are wrong and that it's not right to judge them on it. In fact, only one person(A homeless person) dies in the whole movie, and that might be a bit scary but honestly not really. There's barely any blood, if any at all, and it's rediculous that people are whining about how it traumatized their children.

2 hours of a dog walking through the woods, while a mildly concerned woman narrates... Oh, and don’t forget the CGI mountain lions!

Cinematography/Visuals: 1/5 Special Effects: 1/5 Acting: 1/5 Dialogue: 1/5 World-Building: 2/5 Humorous Moments: 1/5 Emotional Moments: 2/5 Soundtrack: 1/5

It's cute and the story is heartwarming. I also really enjoyed the representation in this movie with the gay and biracial couple. The parents complaining about it being "too political" upset me because it's just 2 people in love. Although the scene with the homeless man dying probably isn't the best for younger kids.

Emotional

Super emotional, but THE BEST!!!!

I love this movie, and its really a good one!

Sure, some people say this movie isn't great for kids. Do I agree with that? A little bit, but not to the point to where i would say never watch this movie, waste of time or whatever. I think this movie is inspiring, and for a dog lover like me, I absolutely loved it! It has some sad scenes that a sensitive kid couldn't handle, so that is why i'm giving this 10 and up. I think that this is a great movie, and one to definitely put on your list to watch! you wont regret it!

It’s good and apropriate for almost all ages

I love this and for some reason, this movie gets a lot of hate. They think the deaths are not appropriate and to sad. But listen to this, death is always gonna happen no matter what, so get over it. I love this it’s good and one of the best movies I’ve seen in my whole 10 years of life! Have a good day reviewers :)

Awesome movie!!

This movie was soo good! Don’t listen to the people that say it is 18+ there wrong, it might be a bit hard for younger kids to follow the story if they are used to movies with more action but it is a great story! There is one part that might be upsetting if you are really sensitive were Bella get’s chained to a homeless man and then he dies and Bella is super thirsty and she is stuck to a dead guy. And it’s sad but overall it was a great movie. I personally would recommend it

Don’t listen to the other reviews

The people saying 18+ are ridiculous and are racist homophobes it’s rated pg it ain’t scary any kid could could handle this it’s a bit sad at parts but any kid could handle it

This movie is fine, parents are overeacting.

There is nothing that could keep your 7 year old from not watching. Some parents said something like "Somebody died, and this is suppose to be a family film?" And I say yes a lot of family films have death to name a few, Bambi, Lion King, Little Mermaid.

One of my favorite books now my favorite movie (IMPORTANT MESSAGE AT THE END)

A dogs way home is awesome. There is one inappropriate scene that's not good for anyone under the age of 8. It was a little disappointing that they cut out some of my favorite parts and people. Some of the language including Hell isn't good for kids under 8. Also *spoiler* a man dies and leaves Bella starving which is pretty sad, also there's a few gay Characters that Bella stays with. And Bella gets hurt and pushed and attacked by wolves before her cat friend comes to save her I don't want to spoil anymore. But it has lots of positive messages, that shows how strong our bonds with dogs are. And it shows how much dogs love us back. It also raises awareness. The main character/dog is a pitbull and the best dog you could ask for. But Bella gets picked up by the pound. I will tell you there's just as much tears in the the movie as there is in the book. One thing READ THE BOOK FIRST. This movie also makes us love our dogs even more. So to sum up it's a great movie and for anyone under 8 watch with an adult. And remember READ THE BOOK FIRST