Parent reviews for A Father's Choice

Heart-tugging family story set in motion by a mom's murder.

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Adult Written byWilliam W. March 16, 2020

Rough beginning

I sat down to watch this with a 10 year old for a family movie afternoon. I knew from the plot that the parents get killed. But instead of the typical car accident it shows them being shot by a burglar in front of their kids after returning home one night. In the next scenes the tearful kids are being questioned by the police about the murders. Too much for us. The rest of the movie may be family fare but the beginning was way too edgy.

Adult Written byLaurieD83 September 9, 2019

An amazing movie about love, loss, adversity and moving forward.

This movie is based on a true story about Charlie McClain and his girls Kelly and Chris. It speaks about how change is inevitable in everyone's life. These changes may not always be pleasant, but it is how we rise up to the challenge and decide what we learn from these changes. It also speaks about being a parent and how parents and families are not perfect. Parenting isn't easy and everyone makes mistakes. I really love how it shows parents and kids alike that it is never to make things right, you cannot change what has happened in the past but you can decide how you are going to move forward.