Parent and Kid Reviews on

A Goofy Movie Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 14 kid reviews

Sort by:

Even tweens will enjoy this road trip with Goofy.

1 person found this helpful.

Exciting Goofy-spinoff worthy of a movie night.

This movie is awsome

Goofys hot

The best family night movie!!!

I love this movie! I watch it at sleepovers, the dentist, and even on road trips! It’s incredible! It’s about a teen called max or goofys son, he has a huge crush on a girl named roxane he plans to go on a Concert date with her but goofy takes him on a wild road trip! Don’t want to spoil it to much but it’s amazing!! Only thing is the first seen of the movies in Max’s dream he’s about to kiss roxane and it’s romantic. This scene makes me cringe hard and I have to fast forward because it’s so cringey to me! Other than that one of my fav Disney movies!!!!

My all time favorite movie!

This movie is AMAZING. And super nostalgic. I am so lucky to be able to see this movie, considering the date it came out and my age. It's super cute and the story is really nice as well. I will always be in the mood to watch this movie. Absolutely fantastic!

Better than you'd think...

I watched this thinking that it would be a dumb, slapstick movie about some dorky adventure starring the one and only Goofy. Well, I was wrong. It was actually one of the better movies I've seen, full of heart (I legit almost cried at one point, but I won't reveal any spoilers), humor, and excitement. I also LOVED the music (except that "On the Open Road" has been stuck in my head for three straight days) and the father-son road trip is such a fun plot. I will say that there are some things parents may want to watch out for. Max, the son, lies to his girlfriend in order to impress her. Both Roxanne and Max's dads are portrayed as dumb. At one point Max almost curses but he is cut off by a word that almost is the same curse word: "My life is a living--" "Hello, little buddy!" There is also some peril, like when the car hurtles over a guardrail and into a river. Other than that, this is a sweet, funny movie for the whole family!

A Goofy Movie

This movie was a cute and dated film. And by dated I mean in a good way. I mean who doesn’t like the 90’s? Max is absolutely adorable and so is Goofy. Some “weird” images pop up from time to time that definitely scared me a bit, but other than that it was cute and had a pretty good message. I definitely understood Max most of the time and the reasons he did some of the stuff he did. Goofy is a classic character, and is definitely cute and funny. Good for people who want to remeber the old days and who just loves Goofy.

Not the Disney movie you'll want your kids taking after.

I bought this movie excited to delve into yet another lovable Disney film. It started out alright but had me confused about how to feel and react during some scenes. Goofy and his teenaged son engage on a road trip together to spend some time together. I found many of goofys son's remarks to be rather disrespectful and certainly not role model behaviour for a child viewer who is still learning right from wrong. As mentioned in another review, there is scene where Max, goofys son, remarks, "my life is a living...", and someone pops out and says HELL-o. Simply for being in his presence, max reacts to the character by calling him a moron and telling him to get lost. It was not the typical, slapstick type of humour you'd expect from these characters. I really don't know how else to put it other than saying, bluntly, Goofy's son was rude. It was not satisfying the way a Disney movie should be and I would not reccomend this to anyone with young children as it may distort their child's view of respect towards an adult.

a goofy language!

i love this movie alot, but in one part, max almost says "my lifes a living... an he basicly does because after he says that, a giant possum comes up and says hell-o little buddy! 0: ( my lifes a living, hell-o little buddy!) and they show some sexual scenes where a girl wraps herself around max with her belly button showing. and in the end, roxanne kisses max on the lips.