Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for A Magic Puppy (A Halloween Puppy)

Ridiculous, dreadful film doesn't feature cute puppies.

Based on 1 review
Adult Written bySarah A. October 2, 2016

Horrible

It's safe to watch for families but it is an awful movie. Just the worst. I feel like they refused to do more than one take and used the actors first read for the dogs voice. Junk movie. Do not torture yourself watching this.
Adult Written bymagicpuppyfan6474 December 12, 2016

A Magical Experience

This movie is a cinematic masterpiece. No other movie has brought me to such an emotional and philosophical high. The overall motif of this film is inspiring beyond belief and will change your outlook on life. After watching this film I can honestly say that I am a better person. I especially enjoyed the scene where Linda humbled herself by eating mulch in order to bond with her dog/boyfriend Ted. I aspire to one day reach this level of connectivity with my significant other/dog. However, my one problem with this film is that it promotes close physical interaction between adolescents of opposite genders. When Molly asked Adam if he was her boyfriend after a particularly heathenish smooch, I felt extraordinarily affronted but this flaw is minor (and really all ground breaking films push the boundaries of their time).

Adult Written byTiasmom December 31, 2016

Bad role models

DON'T BOTHER WATCHING IT!!!!!!!! The movie has no meaning. I almost fell asleep while watching it. I would rather go to the movies!!! The mom pays no attention to her son. I didn't like when the main character was getting beat up and his mom didn't help. by a ten year old