Kid reviews for A Room with a View

A Room with a View Poster Image

Disappointing

This is just one of those British film that's filled with partys and dresses and the upper class rules and those boring stuff. Now, don't take me wrong here, I like slow and artsy film (like bergman or kurosawa), but this film has no emotion. Even the drama seems slow and uninterested. The acting is really good, I mean, this film has Maggie Smith, DDL and Bohem-Cater, but the dialogue and the way they talk is so phony and pretentious. If you really want to watch some British drama, watch Downton Abbey, don't waste your time on this.

Amazing

A Room with a View is an outstanding movie filled with drama and romance. There is a scene which includes multiple naked men, but the scene is in no way sexual, it is just silly and funny.The scene in which a man is attacked and eventually may be a little scary for younger kids.When I first watched the movie when I was 10 I always skipped this scene, but I'm fine with it now. A room with a view is a beautiful movie you should definitely watch!

This is a very well written and acted out movie. Parents are complaining about the male nudity shown in the scene and groping near the end. I agree it's inappropriate but if you appreciate the beauty of classic literature than you should be mature enough to watch the scene. I do not recommend for kids unless you skip the "bathing" scene! This is my absolute favorite movie and book. If you enjoy Jane Austen this is the movie for you!

Admire whatever the director's name is foresight!

Good movie! The always funny Maggie Smith plays Charlotte Bartlett, so keep your eyes peeled! There are a couple of kissy scenes. There is only one violent part: two men have a fight in a plaza, and one kills the other with a knife. Before he dies, the guy opens his mouth and it's full of blood. I hate, hate, HATE, when that happens, so that part scares me a bit. Parents may have to pause the movie several times to explain what's going on to confused kids. My favorite part is the "bathe", but it's completely inappropriate because it shows naked men BELOW THE WAIST! If you like this movie, add Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, and Downton Abbey to your list

Great Movie

Very well done-- the nude scene was odd, but you can always turn away. very well done!! The acting was amazing. I found myself needing an Italian window by the end :)