Parent reviews for A Thousand Words

A Thousand Words Poster Image

Eddie @ His Best

Eddie does a wonderful job of making the character real. This isn’t for kids.

SUCKy

ONLY GOOD PART WAS JAK MCBRAIER. EVERY1 ELES WAS BAD. NOT FOR CHILDREN I ALSO DID NOT LET MY HUSBADN WATCH DIS. VERY BAD

East meets West in A thousand Words

This movie mixes all Eastern and Western "religious and spiritual" ideas together and throws out a message of confusion to say the least. Forgiveness is a great message to send, but we don't get it from trees, and we are NOT one with the creation. The One Triune God is in charge and Creator of all things. We should worship and have a reverential love of God, not His creation. I can not recommend this movie to anyone for any reason.

14 and up.

A Thousand Words is a average and a little touching comedy movie stars with Eddie Murphy and all though the movie does play for laughs it does have some sexual situations and some other family themes that maybe a little too much for your young kids and parents you need to know that a thousand words has some sexual situations like in one scene Caroline is in a dominatrix-style outfit trying to impress jack to work out the relationship between them and asking him to talk dirty but unfortunately it doesn't work due to the fact he can't speak otherwise he'll die there's also some mild language used and some drinking used such as hard liquor, cocktails, vodka, martinis, beer however due to the funny jokes the movie does have a message about that people should think before they speak and not spout so many meaningless lies and the role model is that Caroline is a wonderful mother and a generous wife who tries to work at her marriage and communicating with her husband and Jack goes from being a terrible role model to someone who's discovered the importance of self reflection, thinking before he speaks, and making every word count.

EXTREMELY SEXUAL CONTENT, NOT CHILD APPROPRIATE!!!

As a parent that just wanted to enjoy a movie with his daughter and one of her friends, the sex scene "One extended scene of humorous foreplay..." is NOT humorous with or without my 10 yo and her 10 yo friend. I told them to cover there eyes and they did so immediately knowing this is something they should not be seeing. Immediately I realized they could still hear what was being said and it was just as bad as what they were seeing if not worse. I told them to go get a drink and they jumped up and went quickly. My daughter (especially with a friend) is not one to jump until I say jump 4-5 times, both times they both knew what they were seeing was bad. I am outraged that this is rated PG-13 I realize she is not 13 but a PG-13 movie does not have this kind of language or sexual content!

Worst movie this year.

I should've taken a closer look at the review. Eddie Murphy is obviously the best thing about this movie. However, the language, blasphemy, sexual content, drinking and implied "tree high" ruined the movie for us. During the hotel scene my 12 yr old son put his head down and covered his ears. My 16 yr old daughter closed her eyes as well. It was very uncomfortable for my husband and I. I have taken them to see several pg-13 movies and never expereinced this. I also think that in the end it shows that successful people must be rude, insensitve and self-centered. All of which are group stereotyping and a false message to send to kids. Especially when most parents are trying to teach a good, strong work ethic with morals and integrity. If you want to experince some crude humor Eddie Murphy style with little to no plot and b-rate acting by the supporting cast...you'll love this movie.

This is a true comedy it is worth going to see