All parent member reviews for A Walk to Remember

Huh?

Well not that good.
Adult Written byBeckstar October 29, 2011

VERY SAD FILM

This movie is very sad. I would not let anyone under 14 watch it. A guy gets hurt falling from a great height, someone dies. It's hard to watch without breaking into tears.
Parent of a 12 and 12 year old Written byRhonda.w January 8, 2011

Adult Written byAllenm541 April 9, 2008

Inspiring, the kind of movie you'll enjoy watching again

A wonderful story which relates real life teenage situations and ties it up with a positive messege. Teaches about true relationships which gives to a persons self-respect.
Adult Written byChobitgirl April 9, 2008

Oh my Gosh

I LOVE THIS MOVIE! It is the best movie a kid my age could see and the parents would probably love it to. Yes a very sad movie, but it also has some humor. It was a wonderful love story and Mandy Moore (the main character, Jamie) did a great job. This is probably the best movie she has ever starred in. Oh and Shane West (also a main character) is the cutest guy I have ever seen! If u do not like either of these people, still see it. It rocks!
Parent Written byeidoj123 December 29, 2013

Not for age 9!

I think 9 is too young for this movie. There are high school students drinking in the beginning of the movie. There is innuendo between some of the other students and one scene depicts Landon's friend Eric simulating a sex act with the drama teacher, among other sexual comments.
Adult Written bywonder dove January 7, 2013

Sappy love story? Younger viewers will like!

A Walk to Remember is definitely a tear jerker. It's sometimes heartfelt, but there is one thing that always bothered me - it's very unrealistic! I personally did not like it much at all and could only watch it twice in the 10 years I've owned it. Landon (Shane West) has known Jamie (Mandy Moore) throughout his school years and has always disguised her as being a "loser". His friends are shallow and together they plan to play a mean prank on a nice guy who just wants to fit in with them. After causing a near death accident, the friends split and leave him to fend on his own. Landon's punishment is sweeping floors, tutoring on weekends and participating in the school play which Jamie also happens to be in. When Jamie comes out on stage with some makeup and her hair done, Landon suddenly has eyes for her. From then on, he practically follows her around and gets up the nerve to ask her out after saving her from another mean prank his friends make up. The two then embark on an adventurous date and Landon tells Jamie he loves her. Soon he finds out a terrible secret that Jamie has been withholding from him. The story is okay, I can see why tweens and teens would go nuts for this. It's just too tasteless and almost laughable. No bad boy would turn soft that fast - or at all, for someone he has known forever and never was interested in. Language is mild except for a few sh*ts and other common name calling. Sexual content is mild with a few kissing scenes and some flirting, a guy also imitates having intercourse in a comic way while rehearsing lines with Landon for the play. Violence is average - a guy jumps off a ledge and nearly drowns, group bullying and violence with pushing, hitting and arguing. A car crash with injuries. There is mild teen drinking. Okay for 12+.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byteen mother December 23, 2012

Love Story

I watched this with my 13 year old daughter. She loved it and keeps requesting to watch it again. I enjoyed the postitive role model of Jamie in the movie. It was good to see Landon change from a bad boy to a respectful and caring person. It also shows how friends really do influence one another. I was, however, disappointed with the amount of swearing. "Sh*t" is said numerous times. But most upsetting was a scene of Landon's friend's reinactment of sexual behavior. The friend is fully clothed but the moaning and body language is very suggestive. I recommending fast forwarding the scene. It occurs when Landon and his friend are reading lines for the play outside at Landon's house. Otherwise, the movie is appropriate for 13+.
Adult Written bybitesizemoviereview August 6, 2012

Cheesy, but tweens & teens might enjoy it

A cheesy plot, but the heroine is a great role model--a sweet Christian girl who sees the best in everyone, including a "bad boy" type who accounts for most of the movie's cheesiness. This would be a great girls' night movie. There is no sex, no innuendos. Very appropriate. The ending is very sad. I thought the movie was cliche, but tween & teen girls would enjoy it.
Adult Written byChuck Reid March 27, 2012

Good.

First off,i'm a male.I just watched this movie with my mom .To be honest it was pretty good.
Adult Written byesluder February 1, 2012

A Walk to Remember

..Written by: Liz Sluder.. Who ever thought that finding love was near you your whole life? The unique storyline behind A Walk to Remember is that Jamie’s life goal was to accomplish a miracle. Landon being a rebellious character, turned into a charming and faithful man due to Jamie’s spirit and beauty. The thing I liked was the setting of the plot. It was in a small town that of which everyone seemed to know enough about each other. The young couple’s relationship started out rough from Jamie’s father being the pastor. As Landon becoming more mature, it all seemed to work out in the end. Although the ending was a tragic due to Jamie’s death, Landon learned a lot from his wife. The resolution of the film was that Jamie’s father revealed Jamie’s desired miracle to him. Although Jamie passed away, Landon seemed to have a purpose for life to continue to keep living. The characters were a little uncoordinated. There were a few inappropriate actions and language spoken throughout the movie. It kind of bothers me that this movie is rate PG. It should be more PG-13 from having more than enough negative contents. Other than that, I always enjoy watching this movie. It is one of my favorites because of the consistency of having faith in God and looking at a couple’s love journey.
Parent Written byAPMJNC0407 September 29, 2011

A Walk To Remember

This movie has many strong moral and religiouse messages but far beyond that shows the true compassion of people and how love can change a person impact there life and forever make a difference
Parent of a 9 year old Written byrobinpeggy April 9, 2008

Made the Mom Cry

My almost-10-year old daughter and I watched this together. At first we didn't even recognize Mandy Moore. ( Not very red-heady). While my daughter doesn't cry at movies, this was a several-tissue one for me. She kept telling me to get the whole box. Worth seeing. I liked it better than Love Story.