Adult Written byRachel D April 9, 2008

Boring and not inspirational

I really don't even remember this very well, it was that good (sarcasm!). I remember thinking the adults were all portrayed as selfish and irresponsible and it was trying to be cute and touching but doesn't make the mark.
Adult Written bythewittyman27 April 9, 2008

hilarious

ive seen this movie so many times and it is hilarious every time!!!
Adult Written bymoviemadness July 4, 2011

Sweet Family Movie

Known in my family as "Love Actually Lite" this film has all of the great elements of the aforementioned with much less objectionable content. It's a great stand-in for younger teens, but no less fun for people of all ages. About a Boy is just fantastic! The plot is sweet, quirky, and definitely "feel good." Perfect holiday film. As far as objectionable content goes, there is very little iffy stuff. There is an upsetting subplot involving depression and suicide, some raunchy moments, and lots of deceit and manipulation. There are clear consequences for wrong actions, lessons learned, and a feel-good ending, making About a Boy a win for teens and their families.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byAimeePiexx February 13, 2010

funny as

great movie ... love it
Parent Written bytaina1 October 16, 2011

I thought the movie was funny, but much different than what is written in the book. I was expecting to see more of the book in the movie, but that was not the case. I did like the ending in the movie more than I liked the ending in the book.

Be aware that there are sexual contents in this movie.
Educator Written bySaskiwi January 20, 2011
Great message for kids in that "dorky" title character doesn't conform to peer pressure, despite bullying - carries on being a dork and proud of it! Have watched it several times and always enjoy the performances by Grant, Hoult and Collette.
Adult Written bylaughingbear. August 30, 2009