Parent reviews for Accepted

Dumb comedy about college students partying.

Parent of a 14-year-old Written byMommyWhoCares June 1, 2020

Young Teen Animal House

Take it for what it is worth. It is extremely stupid and unrealistic but funny and good for young teens who need something more but not too much. Things people noted after seeing were much more minimal. It has swearing and adult content that was more than our kid needed to hear, but not horrible with even some of it still over our son’s head at 14. There was no nudity and no sex which is the key items at that age. It was entertaining and had a good story of not giving up and fighting for what’s good and right. So, it’s a ridiculous movie, but worth the watch for the low-mid teen range and the parents may laugh a little too. It’s properly rated at PG-13
Adult Written byMonera July 10, 2016

Mostly Brainless Comedy but Insightful Theme Hidden Within

The whole bogus college was an amusing idea, but obviously he should have just come clean to his parents. A lot was just wild partying and dumb people but the overarching message was a good one. Not the lying part, but the part about how learning shouldn't be all about grades and tests, but personal growth and development. The criticism that many colleges don't foster that sense of intrinsic passion of learning is legitimate. I would talk about that theme in raising questions such as "How can colleges better foster that sense of personal growth in learning?" and "What would you find to be important qualities and values in a good college?" I will note, however, that there is strong swearing at times, but not derogatory toward anyone usually. Part of the cause is the acronym for the college :) I also like how the main character takes charge. I feel he is intelligent on the inside and he really gets to shine in the leadership role of inspiring all of the students.

Parent Written byPlague November 22, 2010

Accepted

This movie is funny, and agree with me or not, has a possitive message. The message could have been displayed better, but kids really should have the choice to take control of their lives and have the opportunity to learn what they really want to learn.

Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe May 27, 2010
This is a horrible movie, with just about everything wrong that can be wrong. Sex, drugs, huge lies, all in this movie. Very bad role models and very bad messages throughout the movie! Do not let your children watch this!

Parent Written byCooldee April 21, 2010

For people aged 17 and older.

Wait until your children are 17 and older to watch this movie! Do not let children aged 16 and younger to watch it!

Adult Written byDhorlo April 9, 2008
Adult Written byjules468 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bylashleyfan2992 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bySara06Marie April 9, 2008

It kicked my a.

I, being a young adult, enjoyed this movie. I saw it with one of my friends and we were both highly amused. It does have some crude humor and offensive language, but let's face it. In today's society, if your child goes one day without hearing an f-word, that's amazing. I recently graduated high school, and what you hear in the halls of a public school is about the same as this movie. Furthermore, for any parents who think their child will take to the idea of starting their own college, I highly doubt this will happen. If you like crude humor, this will give you a good laugh.
Adult Written byemmys-mom April 9, 2008

Had Hoped I'd Be Laughing More!

I found I didn't care much about most of the characters. It was a great idea for a movie, too bad the writing wasn't better. Reminded me of an Animal House remake.
Adult Written bymuffinberry April 9, 2008

Most Hillarious Movie of all Time

Bartleby a highschool student played by Justin Long a perfect actor for the part gets rejected by all the colleges he applied for, so creates his own college. He ends up with loads of college students and gets ratted out by his best friend, with his sister figuring him out the whole way.