All parent member reviews for Alice Upside Down

Parent of a 8 year old Written bykwajkid1 September 18, 2010

Serious issues regarding death of parent -- not sleepover material

We chose this movie for a sleepover, not the best setting for watching it! I was unprepared for how heavily the movie deals with issues relating to Alice's mother's death 6 years ago. Issues are handled in an age-appropriate manner, but I was not expecting to encounter them. My daughter said "this is a sad movie" and snuggled with me much more than usual -- as she is 9, I guess I will take y snuggles when I get them ...
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe October 7, 2010
Fans of Disney will recognize many of the people in the film. Fans of the book series might enjoy this movie version although the books were, I think, far better. The death of Alice's mother is a heavy topic throughout the movie.
Adult Written byJanvierRain March 7, 2013

Moments.

This movie had its moments- moments where I thought it was flowing really nicely, and becoming interesting, and then being with moments when I thought it was extremely cheesy and odd. It was slightly predictable, but it got its point across pretty well, I feel. If it weren't for Alyson Stoner staring in this movie- I probably wouldn't have watched it (I'm biased because she's Isabella...I mean, come on!) :P Anyway, it was slightly funny, and just a mediocre production that I'll probably forget about it two weeks.