Parent reviews for All Creatures Big and Small

All Creatures Big and Small Poster Image

Good

Violence 1/5 Sex 0/5 Language 0/5 Drinking/Drugs/Smoking 0/5

Great underlying themes, beautiful animation

I understand why, at first glance, this movie would seem to circumnavigate the lessons we know about Noah and the flood. But I think that if one uses ones imagination, this is a great visual fable about what the New Jerusalem is going to be like, and how, if you feel alone and not fitting in in this broken, pre-Christ-coming-back world, it's because you were intentionally and carefully designed for the next one. A new, entirely unimagined world that you are wonderfully, amazingly (down to the last bioluminescent detail) made to fit beautifully into once you are there. Those if us who believe that "the world will be made new" in a new kingdom at the end of current time, know we are supposed to inherit a brand-spanking-new version of ourselves after Jesus comes, too. And it sure seems (and would make sense), that Gods working on some of those details right now, and in circumstances that seem so bizzare compared to this world that we are eventually going to leave behind. So in my opinion, this may be just the movie to share with a sad or dissapointed kid who is trying to do the right thing and/or is just hanging on, for the sake of doing good, especially for God and for others, to help illustrate that there is a point to being good and virtuous, and holy, even when the rest of the world seems to be going in an entirely different direction, and things don't make much sense. I wish there were more films like this!

Better than expected

It was fun, had some good messages and my 8 and 11 year old boys enjoyed far more than we expected. The Common Sense Media reviewer needs to get over herself, it wasn’t nearly that bad.

Family Movie

Both my 3 and 6 year love this movie. There are some intense scenes but I feel it’s more than suitable for young children and has a lovely friendship message.

Cute movie with

Not sure why this has low reviews. We loved it ! It's a cute wholesome movie about friendship and not giving up .

Surprisingly good movie

Overall themes of teamwork and friendship work well in this story. The whole family enjoyed the characters and plot. I think this is one movie that CSM gets completely wrong, and I think that overall they do a great job. Do yourself a favor and give this movie a try.

Cute family movie!

Loved it! I saw this with our 3 year old and was surprised it kept my attention--the whole time. Nice message about teamwork and friendship. Some funny lines that even adults would laugh at. Amazing animation--the water looked so real! There were some harrowing scenes, but along the same lines as Ice Age. I am not sure why it only got 1 star here; it wasn't dark to me (I didn't find the "Grymps" to be bullies, they were just cantankerous) and the potty humor wasn't gross or gratuitous. The puppet scene was funny not macabre. Definitely better than Madagascar and Happy Feet. Great for the family--even older kids would like it!

Great kid movie, and the parents will enjoy as well.

This is a really good movie.. We put it in for our daughter "1 year"lweand I caught myself getting into it lol.. Highly recommend this movie for kid or adult.

Better than I thought

Overall a decent movie. Great quality of picture and sound. Very loosely based Noah's Ark tale. A little bit of potty humor and violence. Several perilous situations revolving around escaping flood and predators. Lessons about making friends and finding your place. I'm sure there are some that will disagree but I found it to be enjoyable and my 3 1/2 yr old son enjoyed watching it with too!