All parent member reviews for Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chip-Wrecked

Parent Written byjagu dabang khan December 24, 2011

OH YEAH BABY YOUR GONNA HATE IT

It is an ok movie suitable for kids over the age of 8.I dont think it is the best of all movies but it is reasonable.My kids did not enjoy it and i certainly would not reccommend it
Parent of a 5, 6, 7, 10, 10, and 17 year old Written byCharlie The Cat December 17, 2011

Not For My 5 Year Old Boy

It's Good For my 6,7,10, My other 10 year old, and my 17 year old's. My 5 year old can't see it. Ages 6+
Parent of a 9, 11, 14, and 14 year old Written bynew guy02 December 16, 2011

should be fine

I just would like to remind parents that although this movie is rated G it does not mean it can not have some suggestive content of some sort so please keep this in mind when going to see this movie this christmas and new year season ps. i know of one inapropriate thing already in the ads and it is 'i wave my tail back and forth .but this movie will most likley be fine for kids just watch out for crude humor
Adult Written byDr.Pepper December 16, 2011

Not as good as the first...

Since it is rated G it is tame (even the potty humor is toned down). It still has the typical kid-appropriate flirting and thrills and spills. The only thing semi-questionable I caught was a scene where Simon gambles in a casino. Again, nothing bad.
Educator Written byflower2011 December 16, 2011

A Recent Review

I just saw the movie tonight and I have to say it is my favorite chipmunk movie! Dave was more involved in this one, referring to Theodore as his son and Alvin referred to him as dad, and doing everything to get his kids back. There is not a lot in this movie besides Simon and Jennette "dating" and getting closer, Alvin gambles in a on-deck casino, the Chippettes go to a dance party, Alvin saying kiss my and Dave says ALVIN!!, there is a kinda creepy and weird woman on the island, and the Chippettes are in a scene with just their towels on. I laughed my head off at this movie but it didn't have any language, real sexual content, or extremely violent behavior. Oh yeah and Ian's back!
Parent of a 9 year old Written byCasey12 December 18, 2011

Just Okay

It's okay for what it is. Okay for content. Just okay for entertainment value. Music's not as fun as the first two Chipmunk movies. Woman on island is creepy, but it's not a deal-breaker. Her character is a "Lost" reference, but it doesn't work. My 9 year old boy enjoyed the movie just fine.
Adult Written bycartuin December 21, 2011

Typical Chipmunk Movie

This is a typical Chipmunk movie and there is really nothing new in it. The songs are sexual in nature but that isn't different from the other movies so if you had no problem with your kids watching the first two than this shouldn't be an issue. For some reason they had to have the typical bad person in this movie but she really has nothing to do with the movie. Weird part of the movie. There is talk about how the pretty one doesn't have to be smart and she ends up doing something smart. Take your kids to see it if you have some time to spare but this is more of a straight to dvd movie.
Parent Written byMomMGT December 28, 2011

Chipmunk movie is fine. Go for a good family outing.

As a protective mom of a 4,8,&10 year old I think this movie was just fine for a family outing. I was prompted to write this after reading some of the way overboard reviews written. I am proud that my 10 yr. old still loves princesses and think that seeing this movie in no way gives her any wrong messages. Yes, the dance floor scene could half been left out, yet I do not feel it was totally inappropriate. Simon's alter ego was simply silly yet encourages people of all ages to just try new things and not be scared.Dave shows, as any parent should, that he will always be there for his "kids" no matter what. Alvin shows that, yes, there is such a thing as being responsible. He learned this during the movie. The big meany from the first films, Ian, actually changes for the good after watching Dave and his chipmunks. There are many positive messages to be taken from this movie. This movie is just like the first 2, silly and many laughable moments. I think every parent should talk to their children after a movie about any questionable scenes. Even the most docile of films will have moments for discussion.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byrorobill December 31, 2011

Chip-dreck

The entire movie is a wink and a nod to adult moviegoers. Chockablock with pop-cultural references and inappropriate music. They've sexualized the female chipmunks; a highlight is a dance- off in a casino bar. Really? The language is snarky, flip, and innuendo filled. Ick, ick, ick.
Parent Written byopus0987 December 29, 2011

It is a good movie, short, but the animation is superb

I really like the movie, despite that the plot there is not really good. I have love these guys since I was a kid and now as an artist is pure inspiration for artwork hat I do for several comics and such for commissions and to draw for my kids. like someone at the disney company said, the animation is believable if you can see the emotion in the eyes, and they aure nailed it in this movie. tintin , another movie, perhaps better in story lacked emotion and realistic shots to make the audience believe on the characters, so I call it a big win on this movie and yeas I will buy it on blu ray when it comes out.
Parent Written byKrista123 January 1, 2012

Way scarier content than I expected for my son

I took my five-year old to see "Chip-Wrecked" today. It was his first movie in the movie theater. I should have read these reviews beforehand. He was absolutely scared in a few parts, covering his ears and eyes, especially when Zoe, the woman on the island, took Jeannette, and when the volcano erupted. He still liked the movie. I thought the songs, dancing and girl chipmunks' wardrobe were inappropriate for a G movie. I'm sticking with DVDs of Herbie the Love Bug and Benji!
Parent Written byJane S. January 2, 2012

Don't waste your money on this piece of garbage!

The first two movies weren't great by any means, but this movie was just plain awful, for lack of a better word. Total waste of $20. My husband was lucky enough to fall asleep halfway through this movie, so he missed a good portion of it. I agree with the other reviews that the ending of the movie was way too scary for young kids, and gave my almost 5 year old nightmares. My seven year old liked it, and didn't seem to be frightened though, so it seems to be ok for older kids. This movie should have been rated PG, not G. Some of the Chipettes costumes and dancing were too sexual, and the overabundance of pop culture references (Castaway, Lost, and the horrible pop songs by Lady Gaga, etc.) was over the top and annoying. Hollywood really is scraping the bottom of the barrel these days.
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 2, 2012

Alvin and the Chipmunks 3: Chipwrecked

best of the chipmunks 3 adventures, theodore shows good positive messages
Adult Written byDan1234 January 1, 2012

A complete success.

This movie was a lot of fun. The first five minutes almost had me dancing in the theater, if I hadn't been self conscious. It's hard to compare with the other two films, which one is funnier. This is more of an adventure, but they don't waste a frame. There are lots of jokes and lots of touching moments. The munks have been around for a long time and the characters are well established, yet they seem very much alive and personable and the actors just seem to have their parts down. It doesn't feel re-invented like so many other film adaptions. The characters have changed a lot, but I think for the best. They seem more lifelike. They have always been funny, but this movie adds a little romance and adventure into the mix as well. I didn't know I wanted to see rodents coupling up and dancing, but it turns out I did. As a side note, I adore how the munks dance and skip around at the beginning of the film. A 40+ year old can feel like a kid again, and that's something. Hope there will be future additions to the series.
Parent of a 4 and 8 year old Written byjulesfreak January 4, 2012

Cute and funny, but can be scary for little ones

I was surprised at the peril that the chipmunks were in considering this is a G movie. They are swept off their cruise ship and land on the island. There is a volcano on the island that erupts. My 4-year old was upset by seeing the chipmunks in danger. Otherwise, he laughed a lot and it was a cute movie.
Parent Written by2swedes January 3, 2012

Too scary for a sensitive 8 year old

Really enjoyed the movie, but my sensitive 8yo was scared by the peril --- the island is about to be destroyed by a volcanic explosion and she was scared they wouldn't escape. She was also scared when Zoe turned out to be bad and was debating whether to let Dave fall to his death. Her fear from the peril in which the characters were placed was too much for her, but it was fine for my 10 year old and for other, younger kids sitting around us. My 8 year old spent about 20 minutes toward the end of the movie sitting on my lap with her head buried in my shoulder.
Parent Written bytreat02 February 17, 2012

good,

i think that this was good for kids. i think that nothing was bad and i think that it was decent
Parent Written byEnridge February 1, 2012

It's the chipmunks....

It's a basic kids movie, fun music and fun times. My daughter is four and we went and saw it together. She liked it and I'm sure will rent in the future. I don't understand the below reviews with high expectations? It's the chipmunks. Alvin !!!!!!
Adult Written bydanoid January 29, 2012

Unnecessary violent volcano scene in Chip-Wrecked film !

I took my 7 and 5 year old who did enjoy most of the movie however they were visibly traumatized by the scene with the exploding volcano and the deadly fire balls narrowly missing the chipmunks and humans. This scene was just too real ! This is clearly an example of hollywood trying to desensitise our children !
Parent Written byangela2678 February 12, 2012

Terrible!

Ten minutes into this movie, my 10-year-old daughter turned to me and said, "This is stupid." And she was right. You expect some plot holes and predictability in kids' movies, of course, but this was just ridiculous. The plot, overall, made no sense. It "borrowed" from multiple other well-known movies in an effort to look like a "parody," I think--but really it just looked copied. The content, also, was somewhat inappropriate. The Chipmunks of course misbehave constantly and defy their dad, although Alvin learns his lesson in the end. The Chipettes (and human women on the cruise ship) are dressed scantily and dance suggestively. The whole thing was awful--just excruciating. Maybe for younger kids who won't notice how bad it really is and who won't pick up on the inappropriate outfits and dancing.