Kid reviews for An American Girl: Saige Paints the Sky

An American Girl: Saige Paints the Sky Poster Image

Eh

The movie was okay. Definitely not the best movie from American Girl though. There were a lot of sad scenes like Saige’s grandma getting hurt and being stuck in th hospital. Also, I feel like in a lot of American Girl movies, the main character never looks her age. The actress that played Saige looks to be 11 or 12 definitely not nine. If you want to watch this movie, then go ahead but they’re are way better AG movies than this one

Disappointing

American Girl: Saige Paints the Sky is a depressing movie. Saige was a role model when trying to maintain her friendship with her best friend, Tessa, but I still thought the movie was too intense, so I didn't put that down. One of the ways it was intense was when Saige's grandmother, Mimi, becomes injured. Saige has stage fright and breaks down on stage when she was trying to save her favorite subject. She yelled the words, "I'm so sick of you!" at Dylan Patterson, the American Girl: Saige Paints the Sky antagonist, when she "stole" Tessa. I had a few friends who told me that they cried at that part. In short, you can say that the movie was disappointingly intense. If you want movies, watch My Little Pony: The Movie, Home Alone, just anything not really intense.

So sad and intense

THIS IS WAY TOO SAD AND INTENSE!!!!! IT WAS DYLAN PATTERSON'S FAULT!!!!! THAT DAUGHTER- OF- A- WITCH SPOILED EVERYTHING!!!!!

You might not like it if you've read the books

What I really noticed in this movie is that even though it does not say where the first book ends and the second book begins, the plot of the second book in the books was that Mimi was planning on selling Georgia, while the second book in the movie was mostly about the drama between Saige and Dylan. Also, Dylan was a lot nicer in the books. They took out Stella the kitten which upset me as a cat lover. But other than that, great movie with positive messages and role models!

Too intense

This movie is about American Girl's 2013 Girl of the Year, Saige Copeland. Saige is a nine-year-old who loves art and animals, especially horses and dogs. All American Girl fans probably know that Saige is just a new twist on 2007's Nicki Fleming. But she's still a good character. I love the positive, encouraging music from Saige Paints the Sky, and I like the characters. But as in 2013, (when I was nine) I always found Saige and her stories just a little bit boring. But this movie is supposed to teach girls they can make a difference and do the things they love to do. Saige and her friends try to raise money for an art teacher at their school, so the students can have music AND art. It was hard for me to see it through Saige's eyes, since I'm more of a musician like Tessa (remember Kailey's friend Tess, anyone?) and Devyn. "Why do you need art, when we have music?" For young artists all over, this must be a better movie. I really loved the music and dancing more than the painting scenes. And now for the negative. Saige is too intense. She's my polar opposite. She hates crowds, speaking in front of people, and being the center of attention, all of which I LOVE. Like I said, I'm more on Tessa and Devyn's side. Lots of drama in this movie. Tessa finds a new friend, Devyn, at music camp over the summer, and tends to leave Saige out a lot. Saige's grandmother, Mimi, breaks a bone below her hip, and her painting hand, which Saige totally can't deal with. And no art classes this year. So yeah, Saige has a lot of problems, though they portray her as a confident, happy girl during the first few minutes of the movie. It's just how she deals with those problems. But in the end of the movie, Saige learns at the very last minute how to deal with her fears, speak in front of crowds, make a difference, and ride Mimi's horse, Picasso, at the parade. I liked this movie, it's a good movie, but it was way too intense and edgy for me. It is a good movie, though, and try reading the books too. It was just very intense with a sliver of a happy ending at the end. Not for very sensitive kids under 8 years old.

Fantastic!

So far I've seen the McKenna, Isabelle, Grace, and Saige movies, and out of all of these, Saige is my definite favourite. I really like this movie because there are a lot of animals in it that are big characters (a dog and a couple horses). The animals help this movie take shape. Saige is a really great role model for young girls. She's brave, smart, and kind. And unlike some of the other movie girls, Saige has a lot of big feelings she shows and doesn't try cover up, like happiness, sadness, fear, and frustration. There's no major scariness in this movie. But there are a couple of moments that may feel quite distressing to kids under 7 or 8 (ambulance scene, looking like Saige is going to fall off the horse). No one is really mean in this movie, though Saige yells out of frustration at another kid. Note for parents: this movie doesn't have any 'bad' language. I highly recommend this movie.

Great Girls and pre-teens movie!

this movie is great for all girls and boys who want to watch it. I think all american girl movies are postive role models and have great messages. i have read some negative reviews on imdb and I don't think there isn't anything to not like in my opinion. Overall I give it 4 stars and I am looking forward to seeing more AG movies on the future!

Just OK...

This isn't the worst American Girl movie ever, but it also isn't the best. Also, some of the girls in the movie seemed self centered.

The acting is a little bad and there's a little cheese

This movie has great music, but bad acting. The role models are good too. There are scary parts like when Saige's grandma has to go to the hospital, but I just laughed. I know, I'm terrible. Saige acts pretty dramatic in this movie. Overall the movie gives a good message about friendship and creativity.

Best movie of the century

Best thing ever yay Luv Tabby the cat