Parent reviews for An Education

Intelligent period drama tackles mature teen topics.

Adult Written bywonder dove September 22, 2012

Wonderful film!!

I fell in love with this movie the first time I saw it. Carey Mulligan's character Jenny is so likeable and sweet, trying to do what she thinks is right at the ripe age of becoming a woman. So many challenges, peer pressure and lessons she goes through before discovering her destiny. There is some iffy content, Jenny is 16 and sleeps with a man in his mid-30s. No real sex scenes (just off-screen) and some talk about losing her virginity to a banana. She takes off her shirt for a man but there's no nudity. Some sweet kissing. Jenny and her friends smoke french cigarettes in one scene. There is some social drinking. No violence except for some loud arguing. Excellent film with a great role model and good messages!

Adult Written byT F February 5, 2010

Only for adults and maybe older teens

This is a disturbing movie about teen choices and disillusionment. I don't want to give away the movie, so I won't say much here. It is definitely not subject matter for young teens. At least 17+ is what I would feel comfortable with. Lots of hard lessons learned in the movie. The acting is first rate. Carrie Mulligan is absolutely Oscar worthy in this movie -- very gifted actress.