Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 20 parent reviews

Sort by:

Annabelle

READ ONLY IF: you can read. A lil bit spooky. Good for my children of ages 6 and 9. good read.

Solid horror movie I’m eight years old didn’t scare me well the jump scare scare me a little great horror movie parents should know that there is one part that is bloody. That’s the only part a girl‘s dad who died in a car accident she sees him and he has a bloody wound on his head and looks pretty creepy. A girl gets possessed and tries to kill her friend. A spirit tries to kill a little girl with a knife. The girl uses a cross and says prayers in the Spirit goes away in the end. It was a definite five star not bloody like Annabelle or Annabelle creation.

Familiar yet skillfully made horror movie

It’s not as spooky as the previous conjurings, and most of the scares are Jump scares. Scare wise expect: A demon, The ferry man, A hellhound, But not much blood or gore. Plus, mild language and some teenage flirting. Overall, this movie is very skilfully made with very good acting and eerie music which makes it a good experience overall. (Even though the story/plot is kind of basic/familiar)

Annabelle Comes home;

First of all: BBFC Rating info; Threat: There are several scenes of strong threat in which supernatural forces threaten or attack a young girl and older teenagers. Violence: A teenage girl is stabbed in the stomachs, with close up shots of the knife in her body. Injury detail; Scenes of strong injury detail include a photo of a dead animal with its throat torn out, a man with a blooded face and his eye torn out and brief sight of a blood streamed face. There is also in frequent strong language ***k, as well as milder terms like ***t and balls. This film is not scary, but is for young children, the plot is terrifying I say 12 Supervised.

In Italia è un film classificato T (Tutti)

It’s less scary than others chapters

Conjuring meets Goosebumps. Not that scary.

This movie is not as scary as it's prequel & The Conjuring series. It has some terror here & there but it just isn't scary.

Nice!

This movie was not a bad movie and didn't have any "Sex"scenes in it. I'm looking at other reviews and some people are saying it has sex but it doesn't. The only thing that you could almost count as sex would be when the teens almost kissed. You could let any child of any age watch this because it's not inappropriate. Over all the movie was great!I expected it to be alot of jumpscares but it wasn't . From-Skye

This great horror entry has terror, violence.

Annabelle Comes Home seems to be one of the milder horror movies of today, even through his it’s R rating. The violence finds itself to be more on the PG-13 side and the scares will haunt you. This is my detailed parent review sorted into 5 sections: VIOLENCE AND DISTURBING IMAGES: Shortly after the movie begins we see some aftermath of a car crash from the outside, then we see the ghost of a victim. This can be found disturbing, but we don’t see any injury except a bloody face. A woman in a dress is shown chasing a child protagonist with a knife. The woman is covered in blood. We see a disturbing image of an animal carcass that has a large chunk bit out of it. Blood is shown all around it’s body along with its internal organs. A girl is confronted by her dead father covered in blood and missing some areas of his face. A girl is dragged down a hall violently, but escapes the clutches of the force trying to kill her. A girl is stabbed in the stomach, and blood is shown. A demon throws up blood into a characters mouth, possessing her. A girl violently attacks another with a knife as they both flail about. When the attacker grabs the victims hair, she slams her head down onto a table. Finally, the attacker lifts the knife to kill the victim, but she is saved by a projector streaming an exorcism. The attacker melts and burns. Ghosts constantly attack the protagonists bear the end, dragging them around, pushing them etc. Most of the violence is executed in a milder, PG-13 action. LANGUAGE: The language in this film is nothing worse than any other R rated film. We hear some brief uses of words such as sh*t, f**k and balls. FRIGHTENING CONTENT AND IMAGRY: All throughout the movie demonic and evil spirits attack and antagonize the human characters. Scares happen less frequently which makes them very effective and disturbing. Lots of terrifying faces and creatures are shown. CRUDE/SEXUAL CONTENT: Not much of that here expect for a few teen conversations about “Wooing” a girl. A frequently spoken line about a character states that he has “balls”. DRUG USE: None of that here. OVERALL: 12+ may be able to handle the film. (Parents be reminded that this and all of the other Conjuring Films are directly made off and loosely based off true events. Some of these films have led to real life death and misfortune)

More farrey man scream time

I jsut loved the movie I love the Annabelle and conjuring universe I just wish In this one they put the ferry man in more scenes because I think he was a great spirit other than the other don't get me wrong I loved all the Spirits in this movie I just liked the ferry man more.

Very disappointing Conjuring entry

This entry into the Conjuring/Annabelle franchise is very weak. There really isn’t any semblance of a plot here. The doll is accidentally unleashed and boring things happen until it’s fixed again. That’s basically it. Several opportunities for them to ramp up the creep factor are wasted. They introduce a werewolf.... what is this.... Twilight?