Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Aquaman

Underwater origin story has lots of comic book action.

Adult Written bySallyWerd December 18, 2018

Great movie, lots of language

Enjoyed the movie, lots of action and typical action movie violence. Many many many instances of bad language - at some points seemed to be every other sentence. Even my teen commented on this. A scene in the opening of the mother/father lying in bed rubbing her naked pregnant belly seemed a little much and unnecessary but that was really the only content that was bothersome from that perspective. Overall a great movie, enjoyed the action and battle scenes.

Adult Written byMarcusL December 22, 2018

Aqua man

Action packed, some language issues. Grandsons aged 9 and 10 handled it well an enjoyed it immensely.
Adult Written byDYP December 23, 2018

Overdone CGI, constant fighting, predictable, plot holes, and generally cheesy. Prob fun for young kids but dull for anyone over 12

Don't expect same quality as Marvel movies. Like Justice League, this is filled with CGI, corny lines, C+ acting, and just lots of big battle scenes from beginning to end. No character development, predictable, etc. Movie could have been a 30 min tv show. If you have kids under 10, they'll prob like it.

Adult Written byAlex897 December 20, 2018

Awesome

A great story, and a lot of fun! I love Aquaman now so much! Definitely recommend it.

Adult Written byBagpusscat January 5, 2019

First ten mins is pure violence

I had already checked out the reviews before taking my (almost 9 year old) son., so thought it would be fine. I was wrong. The first ten mins were so violent; machine type guns, fight scenes, doors being smashed into people’s faces and stabbing with a trident. OK, you don’t see blood - but there must have been about 15+ people beaten up or killed in the opening scenes, which is pretty full on and uncomfortable. We walked out after 10 mins and so did another parent in the cinema (her son was almost 10). We chatted outside and everyone agreed, including the kids, it was way too much. I would avoid this film with any kids under 12yrs. Plus the script and acting was already dire. Save your money x

Parent of a 14 year old Written byrand_mhr January 3, 2019

the best family movie in 2018!

great movie, with great story and conflict. the message is deep and good. I highly recommend having a family gathering to discuss what is meant by the movie after watching it. Tell your kids that swearing is not something good.

Adult Written byRotsac December 22, 2018

Best hero yet

This is a very action packed movie, some sensative mature material but not explicit kind. Violence and fights with some foul language from the start of movie till end of movie. The actors were perfectly cast. I loved this movie and will buy it. Only 12+ kids that are mentally matured should see this so they dont act out any of the scenes.

Adult Written byCaitlyn51 December 26, 2018

Beautifully created

Absolutely amazing. This is an absolute masterpieces and was beautifully created. Filled with action and adventure. Great storyline, unpredictable (which is nice), and excellent acting. Going to see again next week.

Parent of a 11 year old Written byAlexa W. December 22, 2018
This was truly an awesome movie, but definantly should not be viewed by some people. There was some great humor added to make the movie more enjoyable and no inappropriate scenes. Lots of violence though. Many people were killed, some brutally during action scenes. There was definitely animal cruelty. For starters, all Atlantians ride animals that totally have no free will. Also, when Aquaman summons ( controls) all the animals in the end it really tipped me off the edge. Then the enslaved animals of both sides had to fight each other and many were killed.

Adult Written byBAscione December 30, 2018

Very violent, lots of foul language, poor plot

Wildly violent. Stretches and stretches of thin plot and just violence and language. My 13 year old asked to leave.

Adult Written bythaminduk December 28, 2018

Adult Written byCharf302 December 26, 2018

Best Movie

It is a little violent but has a lot of positive messages and should be ok!

Parent of a 14 year old Written byPrincess Consuela B. December 29, 2018
The movie is quite long, which usually means that it's good, but they stuffed a lot into it, and it was too much. Some of the lines were just lazy. The beginning was boring, but it got better towards the middle, and there was a good amount of language. Overall, if I were you I would skip the theater for this one. Also, it had some political, important lessons to stop polluting the oceans.

Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byKeen2reviewU December 29, 2018

Fun Action Packed Movie for the Whole Family

Easy to follow story, action packed, lots of positive messages for everyone. Towards the end, there's a scene with underwater evil creatures - kids who are sensitive to ugly monsters with lots of large sharp teeth, making screeching noises may be sensitive to this scene - it doesn't last too long but is very dark.

Written byAnonymous December 24, 2018
Adult Written byteddy2 December 31, 2018
Adult Written byAhlanderj January 1, 2019

Adult Written byWhat are we tea... February 15, 2019

What are we teaching our kids?

If you want to teach your children that men are in charge, young women must be sexy, mothers can't be sexy, and black people are the bad guys, go see this movie. I'm really getting sick of movies where the women are dressed like sex objects, and begging the man to save them, while the men (except Aquaman of course) are wearing full body armour, as you would if you were going into battle. There were some great scenes, but the overall message was a continuation of the misogyny rampant in our culture. I was happy to see the first female character was not shown with her chest bursting out of her costume, until I saw the young female's costume. Yuck. Wouldn't recommend it, unless you're going to discuss these issue with your kids. Only redeeming feature, the portrayal of what happens when one powerful person is in charge, and sends a bunch of innocent people into war for his own gratification.
Adult Written byGeeEchoes February 13, 2019

Mixed timeline in Aquaman

In Aquaman they said Arthur hadn't been to Atlantis and they mentioned him defeating Stephen Wolf from Justice League. But when Stephen Wolf attacked Atlantis in Justice league, Aquaman swam all the way down to Atlantis to fight Stephen Wolf. How did he know Atlantis then, when he didn't know Atlantis in the Aquaman movie.
Adult Written byJthompson222 February 10, 2019

Violent with foul language.