Parent reviews for Arachnophobia

Arachnophobia Poster Image

Good Film; Use Discretion

Better than I expected; worth watching even for adults. Pretty solid story line for this genre, as long as you haven't done too much research on spiders. Good message about facing fears, typical pg-13 language. This movie is intense and may have a unique effect on viewers since spiders are ubiquitous as opposed to the antagonists in other scary films. Pretty much ok for young teens in my opinion, but there is one shot that pans down a teenage girl's bare torso. It's zoomed in to avoid the really important parts, but it's still clear what you're looking at. Adults drink wine and punch. A grieving parent is drunk.

1 person found this helpful.

Great creepy crawly movie

Watched today for the first time in quite a few years with my 9 and 10 year olds. 10 year old was completely unfazed but 9 year old was a little spooked by the critters. He stuck with it though and watched the whole thing. Quite a lot of s*#ts peppered in but overall a good watch.

Entertaining for teenagers and up

Obviously anyone afraid of spiders shouldn't see this. As far as content goes there is a brief sensual moment where a married man and woman look like they are going to have sex but the camera then cuts away to the next scene. There are a few deaths in this film as a result of spider bites. Definitely can get a tad violent at times. Corpses are shown which can be frightening. CSM is off about the language I feel. I counted half a dozen uses of GD the s word, as well as SOB and hells and damns. The movie is PG-13 and swearing is very much on that level. If you have a fear of spiders or dont like horror films, best to stay away even though this is a mix of horror and comedy. It's a good movie well made and very entertaining but I feel it is best for teenagers and adults. In addition be aware midway through the movie there is a shower scene with brief female nudity (non sexual of course.)

Perfect

Very good

Ironically this film gave me life long arachnophobia

I watched this film age 7 and haven't trusted spiders since haha

Well-done, convincing natural horror

Arachnophobia isn't a masterpiece, but it is very, very well done. The plot at first seems like something out of a far-fetched B-movie, but everything is paced and acted so realistically that it's easy to suspend disbelief. The characters are developed, the dialogue is smooth, the cinematography is more than passable. The film's climax is legitimately intense, and doesn't feel cliched or contrived. I would recommend this to any horror fan, since its patterns would be helpful in studying the construction of an effective thriller. It's also just an entertaining movie. It should be fine for older kids--mild innuendos, instances of "s--t," and some unnerving / upsetting spider-related deaths.

Best horror movie of them all.

This movie is so so so so so scary! But that does not mean it is not the best horror movie ever; it is! Multiple characters die in gruesome ways, all because of the spiders. One very merable scene includes a spider crawling out of it's dead victim's nose. Blood spatters, wounded flesh is shown, and lots of jump scares. There is also some very strong language, including, "s--t", "son-of-a-bitch", "a--hole", "goddamn", "damn", and "hell." There is a scene where a teenager in attacked by a spider in the shower and you see her breasts. There is also quite a bit of drinking. The main character is seen drunk on the couch. He later fights the spiders by throwing bottles of wine at them.

Just creepy!

Creepiest movie ever if you're afraid of spiders! They're everywhere in this film! The storyline is awesome, centering around a dead man's body who was viciously bitten by a deadly spider in a rainforest, who is being shipped back to his hometown in America (with the spider on board as well!) The spider gets loose and eventually creates a whole slew of new spiders ready to invade people's lives. Not knowing there is a great big spider's web in a country barn, a man (Jeff Daniels) with arachnophobia and his family move in! Later, they discover one death after another and can't seem to find the culprit. They finally notice too many spiders coming around and finally learn that they are everywhere...and deadly! The action is super fun and scary. I have huge arachnophobia and it makes the movie even more enjoyable! Violence includes mainly death scenes like any scary movie (dead corpses, people who freak out in seizures, screaming...etc.) Very mild sexual content - a spider walks down a woman's body while showering and you see her cleavage. Also one innocent kissing scene of a married couple going to bed. Language isn't constant, just a couple of sh*t words throughout and @ss, Goddamn, b*tch. Some light comedy too, a very nice family movie appropriate for any 13+.