Parent and Kid Reviews on

Argo Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 21 parent reviews

Sort by:

Argo was a good movie just note that some small parts may be a bit much for young ones.

I thought that kids at a certain age should see this so that they can understand some history and at the same time please keep in mind it has three parts to the movie that show some very near nudity. The first was at the beginning on the movie and it shows a drawing of a naked women the next is of two women in very revealing customs when the contact the sci-fi man. The third was when they try to convince the media of the movie and they have women dressed in very reveling costumes again. You may want the kiddos to turn around in these parts. I understand that this is history and what happened so they couldn't change it to much. Theses scenes don’t show very long they are brief parts of the movie. There was some bad langue and casual drinking and smoking did happen as well. Violence was talked about and showed throughout the movie but not too harsh. The most disturbing was when they showed a man hanging but again was brief. Over all I enjoyed the movie with my 15 and 16 year old children and just had them turn around for the parts I thought were inappropriate. The movie has a great story of courage hope and shows life lessons.

1 person found this helpful.

Great morals, but a lot of swearing.

Excellent film, very thrilling!!!!

Despite this movie having an R rating, it isn't that bad at all. Yes, there is cursing, but children here cursing every day. The only thing is that the film may be seen as boring for younger viewers, even though it's anything but. It's a great true story that sends good messages, really a great watch

Pretty good

It is a good movie to tell about what happened but not the best movie

Riveting political thriller has great messages about braveness

"Argo" is an excellent film that will keep you on the edge-your-seat from start to finish, despite some profanity. Regardless, this an ideal film to show to teens, and is not deserving of an R-rating.

educational and insightful

As most people over the age of 40 know, the hostage crisis in Iran was a major reason why Jimmy Carter didn't get reelected. Most people younger than that only know bits and pieces of the hostage crisis in Iran. This movie should be seen by everyone from high school age on up. It will teach much about this difficult year in our nation's history. Even those who watched coverage on the news at the time that it happened will learn that this crisis was worse and more intense than they thought. I also agree with the parents and other adults who say that this movie should've been rated PG-13 instead of R.

AMAZING BUT LANGUAGE

It is an amazing movie and nothing ten year old can'y handel but it does contain some language.

Really good and should be pg-13

It's so good but like 10 uses of f--k, and two characters make a joke saying "Argo f--k yourself", there are some hung dead bodies, characters are shot, and people come door to door to find the hostages,but there is a message about not giving up.It's really more pg-13

Excellent movie, but could have cleaned up the language to appeal to a wider audience.

Quite a lot of profanity (go f*** yourself) that was unnecessary. This movie would have been absolutely great with less foul language.