Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Around the World in 80 Days

Book-based Jackie Chan adventure has cursing, innuendo.

Adult Written byBlurbie April 9, 2008

B*O*R*I*N*G

A friend made me watch this with them and the whole time I was wishing I was somewhere else! It was soooooooooo boring! I don't know how any one can like it!
Adult Written byKetch April 9, 2008

Funny, but a little crude

I took my 8 & 10 yr old kids and being a Disney movie, was a little surprised by some of the cursing in the movie, there were several "D*mn" and "H*ll" that was totally unnecessary for the movie. Had I known that there would be as much cursing as there was, I woulld have passed on the movie. Could/should have been better.
Parent Written byPlague June 10, 2010

Around the World in 80 Days

Kid friendly, and an all around good family film.

Adult Written byMegan S. June 25, 2017

SOOO good!!

I signed up to write reviews on Common Sense just because this movie doesn't have enough good reviews to accurately reflect its quality. We LOVED it, and I think of myself as picky. But obviously movie taste is very subjective. The female lead is one of my favorites, for children's movies-- totally charming, beautiful, a unique and captivating person of noble character in an unexpected quirky personality. Super refreshing. The whole movie is funny. There are some prolonged slap-stick scenes that I didn't love; but my 8 year old did. Overall, such a fun movie that shows many different cultures, makes you laugh, has a weird Arnold Sw. cameo, teaches empathy and courage and perseverance etc. I didn't know I could love a Jackie Chan movie, lol! He did great. Excellent choreography of fight scenes!!!
Adult Written bycfitz April 9, 2008

Must Watch This Movie

I act like a little kid I know, but this movie is just irresistable. The plot is charming with surprising little quirks in the story like the Wright Bros. Jackie Chan was his usual self and the inventor and french lady were well carved characters that sometimes brought you to frustration but other times complete awe of their insight on life. There is fighting scenes but they are often funny and involve their own little quirks too, like a picture being accidentaly painted. I loved it and I have watched it too many times to count.
Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008