Kid reviews for Astro Boy

Action-packed adventure a fun bet for young superhero fans.

Kid, 9 years old October 12, 2010

VERY..... VIOLENT....... MOVIE

I Don't think this movie is any good. anyway a guy dieing at the start of the movie but brought back to life? that was a little to tense for kids that are 5 and under and scary for those with hyper or exellent imagination A.K.A me also the alien attack is slightly scary but we all know that aliens cannot float like that and they dont even exist the peacekeeper is violent when it comes to say im voting for the other guy yeah yeah violent but preety good

Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 April 6, 2012

superhero flick piles on the violence, but is OK for tweens

this was a good movie. its packed with explosive action, mass destruction, and over the top humor. the violence is fairly intense, starting with a child death, and going from there to massive devaststion, countless weapons, and a fair amount of explosions.

Teen, 13 years old Written byStarX May 23, 2012

Good cinema, but LOTS of action and emotion...

I actually watched the movie and it is not at all bad for 8 and up. But there's a lot of violence indeed, and emotions are plentiful, for when Astro dies, it creates an extremely emotional situation. Sex is negligible, for such looks and blablabla are there in almost all cartoon movies. Language also creates a small factor, so mute whenever necessary. I would definitely recommend it to 8 and up, but for 7 and down, you may think on it a bit...

Kid, 7 years old February 6, 2011
I thought it was very awesome and furtue-y. Some younger kids could be scared, but anyone 8+ should be OK seeing it. There was a lot of cartoon violence and my mom totally freaked out, but other than that it's baisicly awesome!

Kid, 9 years old November 29, 2009

bad superhero movie with bad messages.

i think it is horrible. it is just the same thing over and over...astro boy vs. something. it has action violence when astro boy fights robots. a few uses of words like butt and idiot, but not very many. there is very bad messages, like a boy blowing up, and a scientist forcing robots to fight because it entertains pepole.

Teen, 16 years old Written bysexyman3221 February 23, 2012

review on astro boy

this is a great movie though there is cartoon violence it sends a good message too kids this might be found disturbing to viewer under the age of 6

Educational Value
Kid, 12 years old March 30, 2010

Cute superhero movie about finding where you belong

The reason I put negative and positive messages is because in the beginning, Toby dies and his father makes a robot version of him. Then his father doesn't want him so he goes to the surface away from Metro City. The violence is not at all severe, just some mild fights. No language or sexual stuff. Wasn't a fantastic movie, but it was a lot better than I expected. In the end, it comes across as a very positive message. All kids will adore Astro Boy. If you are at Blockbuster (or anywhere else) and have two movies in your hand (Astro Boy and Fantastic Mr. Fox) choose Astro Boy. Your kids will love it, and you'll find it humorous and inspiring.

Kid, 7 years old November 1, 2009

Too scary for seven year olds

I left after the first half hour because it was so scary. I think it would still be scary later. I think it is inappropriate for ages seven and under. I found the evil robot really scary and I kept expecting more bad things to happen to Astro Boy.

Teen, 16 years old Written bymkalv December 24, 2010

Very entertaining action flick

This film, based off the manga and anime series, may not be the best action film, but it is very fun and entertaining, and thats all that matters. It also manages to be emotional and funny, while having cool fights, professional voice acting, and slick animation. I would totally reccomend it.

Kid, 10 years old September 6, 2010

No offense

But I think this movie was just as stupid as Planet 51.
Kid, 12 years old January 12, 2013

A Science Fiction Movie For Littler Kids

There aren't very many science fiction movies for littler kids. The only other one I can think of right now is Wall E. There are WAY too many prudes on this website. DON'T LISTEN TO THEM! THEY'RE OVERPROTECTIVE! There is some violence, but not that much. There's also good messages and role models. I liked the action, and my sisters liked the humor.

Kid, 10 years old July 9, 2010

Love and honesty are the whole point.

Good movie with love and honest and telling the truth.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykelsiebee September 3, 2015
This movie is a really good film but i am thirteen and understand about the unpleasent descriptive words used.If you have little kids it is not a good idea to show them this movie due to death,violent and sad scenes.They would probs have nightmares but kids over the age of maybe 12 should find this movie fine,if a little young.It is animagi which is cartoon which is why it could be a little too young.Personally i can't stop thinking about this movie-it's one of those moves that stick in your mind.You don't think this movie is right for your kids then thats your choice but if you do i hope you enjoy it!

Teen, 13 years old Written bygamer161 August 2, 2011

seee itt!

ok soo there is violence in this movie but not so much to not take ur kids to it and not so much language at all consumerism i diddnt notice any no sex at all there is positive messages and role models not to scary no drinking and to be honest if u dont go see this movie or buy it on dvd ur missing one of the true greats plain and simple
Kid, 10 years old August 18, 2010

good

i loved this movie lot and i thought i had very positive messages such as when astro boy sacrifices himself to save everyone else

Teen, 16 years old Written byatom3 January 1, 2012

DONT READ THIS

Okay, now this is the part where you STOP worrying about little whiny kids and think for a momment. Was that movie REALLY that bad? I mean, what kind of person does not see the hope, the emotion and depth this movie has. Yeah, a scientist forces him to fight- bad role model. But that wieghs out when, even so, Astro saves Hamegg, DESPITE of what he did- good role model. Made a replica of his son- bad role modle. Acepted him for who and what he is- good role model. What I'm saying is, this movie WAS pretty dark, but thats why you all look towrds that little, smimmering glimmer of hope- Astro.

Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2010

Ok for older kids but not 8 year olds

I did not like it that much.It was so violent and can give little kids nitemares.

Teen, 17 years old Written byCrimefighterpunch49 October 12, 2015

Exciting movie with a very good story.

This is a very unusual movie, somewhat like Big Hero 6, since it deals with grief, but perhaps even more so. Although young children will probably not completely understand the concept of the story, and sensitive young children may find it disturbing that a 13 year-old boy is killed, this is more implied than shown--and the funny, exciting scenes make up for the really sad ones. Astro, (or Toby, whichever) is a very good role model, who does'nt hesitate to die for his friends. (in fact, he dies twice!) A very good, family movie.

Kid, 7 years old December 25, 2018

Fun and exciting movie

I really loved watching this. It is a little bit sad and deals with the death of a family member. The main character has machine guns on his hands, they don't hurt people, only robots.
Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2018

Not really good

There were some messages in it that were good. I didn't find it that interesting.