Parent reviews for Avengers: Infinity War

Avengers: Infinity War Poster Image

Avengers: Infinity War

This movie brings together all your favourite heroes (and villains) to battle against the mad titan Thanos. It is part of the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) so don't watch it if you haven't seen any of the other films. If you have seen the other films (whether you've watched them in release order or chronologically) this is the big one you've been waiting for. Thor meets the Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man meets Doctor Strange and some of the other Avengers battle it out in Wakanda. I don't want to spoil the film too much but the ending will shock you (so be prepared for a big surprise) and this is one of, if not the strongest, entries in the MCU so far (and I am writing this in mid 2021). You should also definitely check out the trailer online (it'll get you hyped for sure). If you're looking for a parents guide, here's what I think: Language: The normal for a Marvel film, around the same as Captain America: Civil War (mostly sh*t, son of a b**ch, a**hole, d*ckhole). No F bombs. Violence: This film is allot more intense than what you might expect and their are allot of action sequences right from the beginning. Their is a large focus on death, loss, grief and mass murder. Their are 2 major sacrifices made which are brutal but are justified as "necessary". But the violence is average for a Marvel movie, there is just more of it. Sex: There is kissing but absolutely no sex or nudity is implied. There are relationships between humans and androids and aliens (Wanda and Vision and Star Lord and Gamora). One of the aspects of the film is saving the people we love or care about the most. There are great role models (The Avengers) but convincing villains, making the difference between good and bad a bit blurry. All in all, I think anyone older than 10 could easily handle it.

3 people found this helpful.

A historic piece of film history

This is an absolute epic, it's like a comic book on the big screen. This is one of those movies that only come around once in a lifetime, it's such a rare occurrence that a movie this monumental, paramount, and ambitious is released. I'd say it's an absolute must-see for any fans of superheroes, comic books, and Marvel, it has great action, comedy, drama, and high stakes for our heroes. It can at times be pretty dark but nothing that I wouldn't take my kids to see.

My 7-year-old and 9-year-old love this movie! Violence is really nothing different from power rangers regarding hitting and explosions- special effects.

Bombastic and long and tons of fun!

This film was highly anticipated and did not disappoint. It is a testament to optimum organization and impressive storytelling that allows over 20 standalone superheroes to engage actively in a star studded film and not become overwrought or overburdened with too much exposition. Also nice to see some superheroes die and not get saved at the last minute. Sitting on the edge of my seat for part 2...

14 and up

A good storyline

Nice film, a bit dramatic towards the end, a lot of violence, but the special effects I think are the best. Very well done movie, it gives 4 stars.

great movie.

it may say that i am a adult but i am actually ten. this movie is way to disturbing for my age but i have a feeling that when i am older i will love it.

GREAT

Marvel Awesomeness 10/10

a great movie a little over the top

well i watched it like 50 times and i really think that peapol should know it is amazing andd i mean amazing i loved it but a lot of killing and a lot for a 5 year old i sow it when it came out i loved it i loved it so much and here i am in 2021