Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Avengers: Infinity War

Intense violence, strong messages in shocking Marvel epic.

Adult Written byAutumn B. April 27, 2018

It Was Good... Until...

I liked it. Until the end. Which was depressing.

Adult Written byVicki F. April 27, 2018

Well made but too sad

3 hours of intense drama and fighting. Humour shown in trailers provides occasional relief but the violence and loss wears you down and it finishes on a cliff-hanger. Girl in row behind me sobbed for last half hour of movie. Not recommended for anyone who wont enjoy viewing tragic loss of characters or just wants a feel-good movie. Waited through several minutes of credits only to see a snippet that was no more cheerful than the movie.

Adult Written byswaggy P May 4, 2018

WHAT???

I had expectations, I really did. Thank goodness there's another part coming, because this part was an ultimate scarring experience. This is absolutely one of the most horrific movies ever released. Obviously too much violence, too much of everything. The battles were too easily won. It takes away any meaning from the idea of power. And honestly, Marvel made a huge mistake in making Thanos so ridiculously powerful for no reason at all.

Parent Written byAudrey L. April 30, 2018

Too dark for younger kids

The Avengers has been a long time favorite of my daughter (18) and I, but this latest installment was very dark. The action and tension were well played out, and just when you thought the characters would win out it took a somber turn at the end :-(. Not sure where they are going with this? Also, Chris Pratt's character, Star Lord, makes a mocking reference about Jesus to Dr. Strange when asked who his master is -- "What? Do you think I'm going to say Jesus?" There were quite a few people laughing in the theater as Jesus's name became a very blatant mockery. Very sad and disappointing -- not a movie I would recommend.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byTinHawk G. May 8, 2018

Great movie, too dark for younger kids

I took my son to see Iron Man in the theater at age 5 and he was good in that. Quiet, into the film, loved it. I would not take him at age 5 to see Infinity War. I watched as several parents brought in small children to see this movie. A 3 year old boy was too young to pay attention and needed a phone distraction or he got fussy. The 5 year old girl in the row ahead of me was just as quiet and into the movie as my son was years ago at the same age... But at the end of it she was in tears and needed A LOT of consoling. At risk of spoilers, a big chunk of heroes die in this movie and it does not have a happy ending. If you love your kids, don't take them to see this unless they're okay with watching the hero they love be killed. Side note if their favorite character is Loki, for sure do not take them. Something horrible happens in the first like 10 minutes and you have 3 more hours of it. Age 7 or 8 if they're mature, but probably wait for age 9.

Parent Written byJo B. April 28, 2018

We had to leave - too intense

So interestingly, this film is rated M in Australia (15+) but PG-13 in the US. Based on the fact that my daughter saw and loved Wonder Woman (admittedly at home - also rated M in Australia) and hasn't generally had an issue being frightened in movies (and, let's face it, because I wanted to see it), I bought tickets before the film was classified in Australia. She is in Grade 4 (although very young for her year) and the film was just WAY TOO MUCH for her. She was distraught within the first (quite graphic) scene, and I said we should leave, but she didn't want to. The next 30 minutes or so were fine (lots of things getting blown up, banter, fights, etc.), but then when another main character was brutally attacked she got very upset again, and I said we should leave and she agreed. I think seeing a movie like this on the big screen (and surround sound) just makes it waayyyy more intense than watching something on the TV at home. Also the violence seemed more brutal than Wonder Woman, but maybe that is just me. I echo the sentiments of the review entitled "WAY too vivid and emotionally brutal!"

Parent Written byR M April 27, 2018

Too Violent

This movie is too violent to be enjoyable. Other Marvel movies had varying degrees of violence, but I've usually been able to look to the storyline and the messages to enjoy the film. The opening scene was so violent it just set the tone right there. Even though there are moments of humor and lightheartedness which I generally really enjoy in these movies, they are overshadowed by the excessive violence. I regret taking my 13 year old to this.

Parent Written byNatasha M. May 18, 2018

Unexpected/disappointing

I found the film to be extremely violent and with a atmospheric darkness about it. There was a scene where a young lady is pushed from a high cliff plumiting to her death. At which point I had to ask my 10 year old to close her eyes as I saw how shocked she was. The opening scene also cringe worthy with how much graphic death scenes. In my opinion definitely not a film for little impressionable minds. Also a reference made to Jesus in sarcasm which was unnecessary and put a dampener on film for those who believe he is the real super hero.

Adult Written byThe Man W. April 29, 2018

Best. Comicbook Film. Ever.

In my opinion this is Marvel’s most epic and darkest entry in it’s long line of superhero movies. From it’s brilliantly choreographed, heart-pounding action scenes to it’s hilarious character interactions ( especially between Thor and The Guardians Of The Galaxy ) Avengers: Infinity War will satisfy any superhero enthusiast. The part that really stood out for me was how the Russo Brothers portrayed Thanos: A menacing, but genius villian with motives that leaves us philosophying about our existence. The movie enables us to feel a sense of justification for his actions due to his tragic backstory, which makes him an amazing antagonist. The emotional factor in this movie may be overwhelming to some people under the age of 15, thats why I recommend a more mature audience who understand the basics of the word genocide, famliy, sacrifice etc. A must watch!

Parent of a 7, 10, and 11 year old Written byCarolyn K. May 20, 2018

Too violent

I am a mother of three boys, ages 11, 10 and 6. We have never been huge Marvel followers, although we enjoyed Antman and Ironman. When Infinity Wars was released, someone advised that we watch Thor Ragnarock first... a good tip. We watched it at home. It was exciting, funny, with a little super hero violence in there. Unfortunately, I took this to mean we would enjoy The Infinity War. I could not have been more wrong. It is full of graphic violence. I probably should have left after the opening scene, but I was sure that was just an attention getter, (nope). Violence throughout. I frequently had to cover my 6 yr old's eyes. The worst was at the end, after 2 1/2 hours of violence, (spoiler alert here...) all the super heroes die. Teamwork does not payoff. I fully regret my decision to go and take my family. This is really more of an adult movie.

Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written byRosanna H. May 16, 2018

Awesome film, but too much for kids under 10.

I watched it first with my boyfriend, before allowing my kids dad to go with my 7 and 5 year old to watch it... well that was a mistake. They couldn't handle their favourite superheroes getting beaten up, I got it wrong and thought they would be okay. They made it through the movie and are glad they saw it, but my 7 year old cried and he is not generally phased by violence in Marvel movies. My 5 year old got a bit scared near the end and fell asleep. Probably best to wait til this goes to DVD and watch with younger ones so you can skip bits/shield their eyes for a few scenes.

Parent Written byJeanene R. April 29, 2018

Fantastic, but not for sensitive kids

It is definitely the most intense and emotionally charged Marvel Superhero movie they have done. I suggest parents watch it themselves and judge based on your kid, if they are capable and emotionally able to handle it.

Parent Written byWilliam C. April 28, 2018

Interesting case for discussing genocide and war

Yes, it's the culmination of Marvel movies to this end. And it does not disappointment. All the actors have with very little screen time but they shine. The humor is top notched and good jokes to remember. And yes, it's not bout the Avengers. This is about Thanos. He justify his actions to use the infinity stones for exterminating half the population, with the reason that it's to save the other half. And this may be surprising to many who had not seen him in the movie, but he make sense. We all know that earth and society resources are finite, and so mass genocide and conquering others is the logical only way for earth and society to survive. It's scary, really scary, and you may be convinced by Thanos and the Black Order. We may not want to go out there now and do genocide, but it'll not be because we don't want to, but because we don't have the will like Thanos. The moral foil to his justification hence fall on Capt, "we don't trade lives". With that 1 sentence, reason and humanity is restore. Even if it's not logical, not culling people gives us our existence purpose. Hence symbolically the only human able to resist the infinity gauntlet (remember even the Hulk cannot overpower Thanos, lesson here: willpower and moral strength is stronger than muscles) And the most disturbing part have to be when Gamora thought Thanos is defeated by the Soul Stone's wisdom, but even the most cruel tyrant love someone, and he loved her the most. And because of his unwavering will, he went ahead and kill her. This scene may scared most, maybe all children. Imagine, he only love his daughter, and he kill her, what about my parents? Please think about the last part before you bring your child to watch this movie. And of course the ending scene, friend see friend disappear, foster father see prodigy turn to dust. Existence erased just like that.... The killing of Gamora is to prepare us for more tragedy to come. Its too emotional and if your child emotion strength is not tested yet, don't test them at this movie. If pt 2 reversed the end results, then maybe it'll be better to let your child watch a test back to back.

Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written byshakilsyed April 27, 2018

Great movie- important talking point

*Spoiler Alert* later and posting will minimize details as much as possible to one line in the movie but important for discussion with kids after movie. As parents we try not be for loss of words especially when talking to our children. There is a lot to process which is the reason why I saw the movie before my children for this very reason of this post. It is a fantastic movie you will all enjoy but it is no surprise it is dark in places and some preparation to discuss the concept of death and life with smaller children. Just as we have to explain to Little Timmy why his Grandmother is no longer here this can parallel quite closely. Kids don’t wear clothing with Grandmother’s faces on them, read comics, play with figurines and go on imaginative adventures as they do with these much beloved characters. This movie may hit very close to home. SPOILER ALERT. We have trust MSU has a greater vision and for kids to trust in that. Keep close attention to Dr Strange’s comments at the end of the movie that ‘there is only one way’. I’ll let you put two and twenty other variables together. Let the kids know MSU has already greenlighted another Spiderman movie, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Avengers 4 movies as well as Antman and the Wasp this summer so they can take comfort in many more excellent stories to fill their imagination. Hope this help. Happy Watching.

Parent of a 9 and 13 year old Written byLiz E. May 16, 2018

How is this not rated R?

I will say I have limited knowledge of the Marvel characters but love the Guardians and more recently Black Panther movies. I took my 9 and 13 year old. It was fun seeing all the characters together but they didn't really bridge the gap between, "the Avengers aren't on speaking terms" to " oh hey thanks for showing up". It was very violent (which you expect) but this was long and sustained violence throughout almost the entire movie. My 9 year old said this is not a movie I will watch again. I say this should be rated R because the psychological content was very intense. How a movie is rated should be more than how graphic the sex and violence are. Watching 2 hours of genocide, fighting, torture (a father torturing his own daughter and killing another!) leading up to the bad guy winning with an apocalyptic ending was too much for my little one. We didn't really get a chance to talk about it afterwards and process it. We finally did a couple of days later after another seemingly benign children's movie suggested the main character might die. She was sobbing and I was able to bring up Avengers and let her deal with that. I felt a little like I did after the Black Swan - just whoah. You have to know your kid ultimately and do allow time to discuss afterwards things that might seem heavy for them. These are very intense concepts for kids to deal with.
Adult Written byPatroclus L. May 27, 2018

GREAT but SAD

Good film but extremely heart-breaking! Might be hard for younger (and older) kids to see their heroes die in this film... Saw it in the movie theater and the kids (about 10 years old) sitting in front of my cried throughout the whole thing.

Adult Written byLauren W. May 18, 2018

Take the PG-13 rating seriously

Went to see this opening night with a friend. In the first 5 minutes of the movie, one of my favorite characters (and also a big fan favorite in general) is brutally murdered in probably one of the most graphic deaths in the mcu. More deaths happen as the movie continues, and in the end only half the characters are left alive (and the last death scene is tragic beyond belief). This was a theatre full of adults, mind you, and most left crying or numb with shock. Went to see it for a second time, and a few families had kids under the age of 10, several in the costumes of their favorite characters. They all left crying. Just saying, if you’re kid isn’t emotionally mature enough to handle the emotional wait, please don’t take them. Also mild profanity, on level with the GOTG movies.
Adult Written byMr Josh T. May 6, 2018

Its a Phenomenal Emotional Roller Coaster

Probably the most intense Marvel Movie to date. As with all Marvel movies this one portrays true values of teamwork and strong examples of courage. In Infinity War it does that and more. Marvel was serious about making Thanos as bad as ever and in that regard knocked that out of the ball park. Although the avengers gave it their all Thanos was too powerful for them and beat them pretty bad. Spoiler here (but not detailed) Kids and adults have favorite super heroes that they watched for years and in this movie a good chunk of them bite it. I teared up a little when my favorite hero died. Like I said in the title...Emotional Roller Coaster! Those scenes I would brace yourself for some tears and most likely a hug needed for your younger family members. Things kids should pay attention too. There are numerous times in the movie where courage, strength and teamwork are definitely emphasized and kids who play team sports would probably appreciate that alot. Although the action scenes are intense the humor in the movie is SUPER FUNNY and will most likely get you and your kids laughing a good amount. There is some very quick witted curse words but they are extremely short and way to short to judge the entire film. I went with my nine year old brother and he loved it. Looking forward to Part 2 next year and Thanos getting his butt kicked.

Parent of a 13, 16, and 18+ year old Written byjenly May 2, 2018

See it in a comfortable theater . . .

because it is extremely long and the cgi special effect action scenes grow tedious. We saw it in a regular theater and my neck was killing me by the end. My 12 1/2 year old daughter cried--sobbed, actually--several times and my older teens were just sad. No one felt energized after this movie--definitely not a good birthday party movie for kids! I generally enjoy the Marvel movies but this conglomeration of characters made the plot extra choppy and the formula seemed to be sad moment, funny moment, battle scene. repeat for three hours. I do not understand how this movie is not rated R. It is much more graphically violent than, say, The Dark Knight Rises, and not in a comic book funny way. We see the main character, Thanos, strangling, impaling, and otherwise murdering and torturing people. The staging makes his actions seem especially depraved, and I, as the viewer, felt complicit as this was all being served up for our entertainment. It would have been very difficult for me to convince my kids to skip this, but I wish I hadn't contributed extra $$ to Disney's coffers for this effort. TIP: Stay through the credits for the final scene so you can tell your crying kids with absolute confidence that a sequel is on the way.

Adult Written byShadowofchaos41 May 1, 2018

If I could give 6 stars I would

This is the darkest, most ambitious, and most satisfying movie Marvel has ever made. The stakes are sky high and the situations they are put in are at time unwinable. This is a dark movie and it's not for kids tbh. Even me (20 years old) was emotionally torn up by some of the events that take place. Thanos is easily one of the best villains in ALL of cinema he's tough but also soft, he's evil but also has humanity to him. In his mind he thinks he's doing the right thing and you can at times really understand him. He is the star of this movie. And about 5 minutes in you forget he's cgi. FANTASTIC all around and couldn't praise it any more. Please go and see this