Kid reviews for Avengers: Infinity War

Intense violence, strong messages in shocking Marvel epic.

Written byAnonymous November 25, 2019

1# MCU Movie

This movie was epic/action-packed. I had some doupts about this movie -- was it going to be too boring -- so I was a bit afraid to see how this movie turned out. But man: this movie is the 1# MCU Movie I've seen in my life. People say Endgame is better but I disagree; somehow this movie beat Endgame -- I don't know how -- and it really has a good plot in it. This movie also was sad near the end . . . I was not expecting that ending (at the least!). This action/sci-fi movie hits the spot on the MCU scale. It's going to be hard to make a better MCU movie than this. It's funny, action-packed, meaningful things, and a very good plot. Language wise: a bit strong with frequent s**t! Other language, some offeneding a bit, and a rude gesture. But I feel like this movie is good for 12 years olds. It isn't over-the-top on the action/violence; just be beware of the language in this movie. For sure a movie worth watching over, and over, and over again! A movie that is pact with strong teamwork, a movie that satisfies MCU fan, a movie like never before seen in cinemas!

Kid, 11 years old April 29, 2018

I could not stand watching it!!!!

I used to be a huge Avengers fan, but now after the end of this movie, I'm so disappointed I don't even want to see any more. It made me very sad.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCriticus April 25, 2018

Marvel's Destiny Arrives

*Note that the following review may contain mild spoilers*

As perhaps Marvel's darkest entry to the MCU yet, Avengers: Infinity War understandably packs quite a punch (rather literally!). No-one's holding back in the greatest, most epic event in superhero history - the culmination of a decade of comic book wealth that chronicles the inception, rise, and consequent ruinous collapse of the S.H.I.E.L.D. initiative. As such, expect plenty of violence throughout the film, particularly a number of shocking character deaths. In the course of the many battles in Avengers: Infinity War, characters are shot, stabbed and impaled; someone loses an arm, someone is thrown from a cliff; someone is tortured with thin blade-like beams of light that pierce the character's face; in the background of a scene, a group of aliens massacre another by opening fire on them; many aliens and humans die during a big battle. In a scene in which reality is tampered with, characters appear to die in strange ways (by collapsing into a heap of blocks and by turning into a blanket-like material). Expect an unusually emotional Marvel movie.

Unfortunately, a language warning is necessary, especially for younger viewers. There is quite a lot of it, including:
A few uses of "sh**", a number of profanities (some "OMG", some using "God" as an exclamation), "ass", ***hole, an incomplete use of "mother******", an obscene gesture (the finger), a use of the abbreviated "F" (the dialog runs, "Chill the F out!")"dou***bag," "nut sack," "da--mit," "d--khole," "hell," "crap," "bast***," "jerk," "screwed". Our Lord's name is used flippantly once ("What master do you serve?" "You mean - like [Our Lord's holy Name]?").

There is some light sexual content: two separate kisses (one is brief, one longer); one scene circumstantially suggests that two characters were previously in bed together; some innuendos in banter, mainly with the Guardians; a man wears no shirt; two characters briefly discuss the possibility of having a child; some shots show some cleavage.

Avengers: Infinity War may call for a slightly more mature audience, but it's an increasingly engaging story that is sure to excite everyone into feverishly marking down the exact date of next year's Avengers 4 on their calenders, and wishing it'd arrive a little sooner.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEmma M. 13 May 4, 2018

It’s really cool

Okay so I’m a 13 year old girl that really loves sci-fi movies. Star Wars, Marvel, D.C. you name it, I’ve watched it. Personally, I have been watching Star Wars since I was 6 years old. I would definitely agree that infinity war for any young kids, but I also think that it depends on your child. Is your child comfortable with those types of movies? For any Star Wars fans out there, I would definitely compare this movie to revenge or the sith. Keep in mind that if your child is coming to a comic book movie, THEY WILL SEE VIOLENCE. If you don’t want that for your kid, seriously, just avoid the science fiction genre as a whole. Granted, this movie does have some emotionally heartbreaking deaths in it. The movie also has a bit of language, but again you are taking your kid to a marvel movie. Also worth noting that even super hero’s loss battles(watch the movie to see what I mean). I definitely think that your child should see the movie, because if they don’t, it will get spoiled for them 100% gaurentee.

Teen, 13 years old Written byconsiderthecontext May 22, 2018

Honestly

I think that this movie is fine if you consider the context of other marvel movies. are they scary? yes. do they cuss? yes. if your kid has seen all the other Marvel movies and was fine through all of them, that is a good start towards seeing infinity war. if they couldn't take when that guy was vaporized in spiderman homecoming or when Thor lost his eye in Ragnarok, then this movie will definitely be way too intense and needs to be put on hold for a few years.
yes, you do need to see at least most of the other MCU movies before you see this, but you can skip all the iron man sequels and the hulk movies (as long as you generally know who the hulk is and why he's the hulk) you don't really have to watch the captain america ones and ant man isn't even in it, so you don't have to see that, but you still should because you will want to be ready for ant man and the wasp next year.
you do have to see all the combined movies, (Avengers, Age of Ultron, Civil War) and the individuals (Black Panther, Thor Ragnarok, [but not the other thors, you can skip those as long as you have a general idea of what happened] Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, [preferably 1 & 2] Spiderman Homecoming, Doctor Strange)
you should probably do a little research before watching this so that you know what to expect- don't go in thinking that this will be another reassuring yay-for-the-good-guys movie. I think the best part about this movie is that (well, one, it brings all the characters together) and that it is not afraid to face the real facts of the real world- that the good guys do not always win.
this is one of a very few movies I have known to have the courage to kill off main characters and keep them that way without a miraculous reincarnation later- (Marvel- don't fail me now!) I find it brave of filmmakers to have the guts to abruptly end main plot elements.
also, I've been seeing things about kids going to theatres with parents and coming out sobbing and how this movie is horribly graphic and should be condemned for making my 8 year old cry- well, that's kind of your own fault. have you seen other marvel movies? never a dull moment. they are realistic and will make your eight year old cry to see people stabbed on a big screen. you were warned that it went farther than any marvel movie has gone, yet you still bring your young children to see this on the big screen? my advice- if you want to watch a movie that is known to be violent- don't take your kids to the movie theatre to see it. you can't walk out, you can't turn it down, and it's humongous. wait til it comes out on redbox. that's your own fault. you want to see it? fine. just don't take your little kids to see it. older kids? it really depends on maturity level. if they aren't bothered by that sort of movie, then, by all means, go right ahead, but remember that this is beyond anything we have ever seen from MCU before.
other than the general deepness, maturity level needed, increased violence, and shock that will keep you on the edge of your seat, prepare to be awed that Marvel has brought us yet another superhero soon-to-be-classic.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMontyCaden April 28, 2018

darkest mcu film but still amazing

I am 13 and I have to say I really liked this movie but I would not want my younger sister that is 7 to see this. I usually would think that she could see almost any mcc film but it is a little more violent and scary. I also wanted to say that I don't normally don't write reviews but since this movie is a little darker than the other I just wanted to do that. One more thing this is still a great movie and I would recommend it.

Teen, 16 years old Written bySandy34 April 27, 2018

Absolutely Brutal in the Best Ways

This film doesn’t let up. You might expect this film to be violent, but it goes beyond that. It shows the ramifications of violence. Characters die. Like, actually die. Most superhero films are violent, but they’re only passively violent. People can get hurt, but not bad enough to count them out. In this film, nobody is safe. This, though, is a very good message to send in contrast to the past films. Actions have consequences in real life, and they do in this film. The violence is never unwarranted.
The biggest warning I give with this film isn’t the violence, it’s the emotional impact. If you’ve seen previous marvel films, you’ve become aquatinted with these characters, become emotionally attached to them. This film is VERY sad for anyone who is attached to any of these characters. The peril feels real, and their performances make this film much more brutal than usual. I left the theater crying, as did several other adults. If you have a young child, they might be better off watching this right before Avengers 4. But if you think they can handle it, it’s worth it.

Teen, 17 years old Written byCarson D. April 29, 2018

Jaw dropping epic BUT VERY DARK AND SAD!

This movie is amazing I must warn any parents reading is that it is NOT a happy Film! Nearly every moment is filled with tension and brutal violence. While not gory, the action is still intense with both heroes and villians getting hurt, if not killed. Though not as much bad language as previous movies, you should still expect quite some. This shouldn't be a huge surprise for most but there is frequent DEATH in it. The ending is super depressing and though I won't spoil what happens, the young or easily emotional may fill shattered. However, there are some very funny moments that can help weigh down those scenes. If you're a fan of the movies and believe you can handle the sad parts, then I can't recommend this movie enough!

Teen, 17 years old Written byMarvel Movie Reviews December 16, 2020

One of the best MCU films ever

One of the best MCU films ever!
This movie can get very intense starting with the first graphic death scene all the way to the last battle, which was very intense with lots of major deaths which could be upsetting.
Also some swearing and drinking but not to much
There are amazing role models and messages but overall too violent for younger kids.
This movie is good for 12 +

Teen, 13 years old Written byMemezHD May 8, 2018

Real Good!

Avengers: Infinity War I think by far is the most intense and emotional Marvel film yet, but i highly recommend this film roughly for people 13+. This film is one of the best that marvel has ever made plus it links in well with Thor: Ragnarok. Trust me if you haven't seen Thor: Ragnarok or Black Panther yet, I highly recommend so before watching this film. But overall, this film is AWESOME!!

Teen, 15 years old Written byEpic Reviewer Moment May 7, 2018

7.5/10 Overall Score

This review will contain spoilers for the whole movie, but I will give a general non-spoiler preface to that part of the review, so you're fine until I give you the spoiler warning.

Non-spoiler review:
Marvel's new Infinity Wars movie has some major positives and equally as much has some major negatives, your opinion of the movie largely depends on a few key factors, but mainly just whether or not you are willing to get around certain problems in the movie. Many people will be entering the theatre, not having watched any of the previous Marvel superhero movies that all take place in the MCU(Marvel Cinematic Universe) before this movie, which is something I would not recommend doing. You can watch this movie alone and still understand almost everything going on, but there are lots of references to previous movies and certain lines or gags that you will appreciate more if you have seen some of the other ones. I do understand that the prospect of watching almost 20 full length movies before this one sounds daunting, but if you really just to get on with it, then you can just watch a few of the more newer and popular ones to get an idea of what you're in for. The movie itself has some great humor, and the large cast of characters surprisingly doesn't feel too overwhelming, because there are grouped segments of characters in what feels like a lot of B plots that overlap at certain points rather than being a singular plotline for the whole time. Almost every character has at least one memorable line in the movie, and practically all of the jokes are good (I saw this movie opening day, and there were some obnoxious people sitting near me laughing really loudly, but that shouldn't be an issue if you are planning on seeing it now, because it's been out for a few weeks and lots of people have already seen it). There is some really great dialogue in the movie, and some nice scenes that really can get you to feel empathy for the villain and the heroes alike. The CGI is done really well, apart from a few moments (for example, when a CGI character picks up a human actor, it can look a bit janky sometimes, but it's hardly noticeable). Kids and adults who are fans of the superhero genre will definitely like this movie.

SPOILER WARNING (spoiler discussion/review):
There are a lot of deaths in this movie, but the only ones that were done well in my opinion were the two at the beginning (Loki and the other dude that I forgot the name of), Vision, and Gamora. All of the deaths that happened at the end due to Thanos snapping his fingers after collecting the infinity stones felt rushed and didn't really make me feel any emotion. Most of them didn't even get any lines before they died, and Spider-man's dialogue before his death was poorly done, and there was only one movie for this version of Spider-man before Infinity Wars, and if the other planned sequels had come out before this one, then I probably would have felt more from him dying, because his character would have been more fleshed out and interesting. I understand why the deaths had to be rushed, because there was a large cast, and the movie didn't have much run time left to spare before it would have become boring to sit through. And while the 2 and a half hour run time is super long, it doesn't ever lose its focus or feel boring, unlike other movies of that run time (Star Wars: The Last Jedi is an example of a movie that feels way longer compared to this movie). The pacing is surprisingly well done, and most of the movie takes a brisk pace that still allows you to breath and understand what's going on. Though every scene with the Guardians of the Galaxy halts the pacing of the movie most of the time just to tell a few jokes or for plot reasons. The cinematography is nothing special, it's just average and nothing to really criticize or praise. The part where the movie really shines is in Thanos and his character. He was essentially the main character, and he was the most well done part of the whole movie. He had legitimate motivation, which made him a character you could empathize with and it made him interesting as a villian. His quest to collect the infinity stones feels like it has a true purpose behind it, and he doesn't necessarily have bad intentions, it's just that the length at which he is willing to go to achieve his goals is what makes it evil. He collects the stones, snaps his fingers, and kills half of the population of the universe, which is a great part of the movie. The movie is a part 1 of 2, so it does kind of feel like it ends at the climax rather than the resolution, but that makes it slightly better because the climax is really good. They set up Thor like he is going to beat Thanos and you really feel like he could, and then when he loses and Thanos wins, it feels like a real shocker moment that was executed fabulously. The death of Gamora was one of the best scenes in the whole movie, and it was a real show of character for Thanos, and it shows how his motivations have twisted him as a person. Pretty much all of the scenes with Thanos are the best parts of the movie. This review is getting a bit long, so I'm just gonna put some ending remarks here.

Closing Statements:
Avengers Infinity Wars is a great movie, and the fact that the directors were able to pull of the styles of all of the different movies and have good dialogue and humor is something to really commend, especially considering their only previous works in the MCU were the Captain America movies. I would give this movie a 7.5/10, which equates to the 4 star rating I gave. If you read all of this review, thank you, and I hope you enjoy the movie...
Teen, 16 years old Written byMasterbuildermcgee May 4, 2018

Awesome, Humorous, Dark, Thematic, and overall not bad

This Movie is amazing. Not to spoil anything, but the ending is a bit sad and depressing, my friend nearly cried. Some shocking twists and some things I DID NOT see coming at all. Brief torture on two occasions, nine accounts of stabbing that I can remember, one character gets strangled to death, another thrown from a cliff, a bad guy loses an arm, and your standard amount of punching and kicking. Different sides of many of the characters are shown that we have seen little of before, and Thanos, while seemingly heartless actually has love for a single thing that is (spoiler).

!!SPOILER ALERT!!

A lot of people DIE. Including but not limited to; Falcon, Heimdall, Loki, Black Panther, Groot, Star Lord, Spider Man, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Drax, Gamora, Proxima Midnight, Ebony Maw, Corvus Glaive, Cull Obsidian, Winter Soldier, Mantis, and Doctor Strange.

Teen, 15 years old Written byLokiStarkLord April 28, 2018

Just you wait....

*spoilers* darkest MCU film yet. I almost cried at the end. So much happens. The ending is a shocker. Remind your teens there’s a sequel next year and time travel is possible in the MCU. The villain is brutal. He has understandable motives but horrrible ways of achieving his goal. A good jumping off point to talk about genocide. A lot of characters fade to dust at the end, including Spider-Man and black panther (they have upcoming movies soo...) in terms of characters that permanently die...

One dies at the beginning of the film (the whole scene is extremely violent and shocking.) after trying to stab thanos his neck is broken.

Thanos daughter dies in the middle of the film/ he killed her to get the soul stone, but it’s not graphic. She just falls but there’s a lot of emotional weight.

The last character is Killed by his love interest to try to save the universe, but he is restored through time travel then killed again by thanos.

Good role models: character that’s been away has to come back and rise to the occasion. One is a kid and wants to help an older character. One gives up something to save a life but says it’s the only way, one dies trying to save his people/sibling, one gives information and ultimately dies to save her sister...so yeah. But extremely sad reguardless. Thor is the MVP he takes on the weight of a Star! He kicks ass in this film!

Intense scenes of torture. One character is tied and can’t move. One partially mechanical character is seen being literally torn apart, but she’s saved. A stone is ripped out of a sentient robot’s head. Yes there’s hope for the next film, but three characters (really 4, but no one cares) seem irreversible dead. It’s violent, dark, shocking, and amazing. I love it but get ready to cry. A lot.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCWau15 April 27, 2018

An Unforgettable Cinematic Masterpiece

It’s all been leading to this. This movie left me shaking- I have still yet to recover from it all. No matter how epic you think this movie is, it defies your expectations completely. Words cannot describe just how extraordinary this movie is. Every fight scene- especially the battles on Titan and Wakanda- are just too epic for words. I was utterly speechless after seeing this stunning display unfold on the screen. Thanos is a villain who won’t stop until he gets what he wants- this movie shows that perfectly. Thanos will get all the Infinity Stones and destroy half the universe.
A team of countless superheroes fight together against Thanos, and these scenes just made me gasp in awe at the sheer magnitude of it all. The stakes are higher than you could imagine, and every single scene, whether it be Thor’s mission with Rocket and Groot or the first interactions between characters (which are pure delight) or the indescribably epic battles on Titan and Wakanda. Thanos’s true threat is established in the first five minutes of the movie, and the rest of it all goes by like the greatest dream you could possibly imagine.
I was astounded by the sheer awesomeness of everything that unfolded on screen in the next two and a half hours- it is unlike anything seen on screen before and not only the greatest MCU movie ever, but also the single greatest movie of all time.
There are permanent deaths and the ending leaves the whole cinema stunned beyond belief. It is impossible to describe just how extraordinary this movie is, but it is the most stunning, unimaginably epic and extraordinary movie of all time.

Teen, 14 years old Written byPurple_1569 May 22, 2018

It's overcrowded and plothole-ridden, but if you're a die-hard Marvel fan, you'll enjoy it.

It's not a family film, but it's not an adult one, either. It is, after all, aimed at teens. There are some moments where a young child would be upset.
5/10
Teen, 17 years old Written byrexington91 May 13, 2018

Great Movie, Just Watch it on the Violence

This movie, albeit an imperfect movie, is for the most part appropriate if your kids have seen the other Avenger films. There are some areas were they don't say F***, but they substitute it or cut it off. Also, someone flips a character off, and d*** and s*** are present as well.

That's it for language, but the real reason I am insisting that you should NOT let kids who have seen the previous Marvel films who are not in high school is because of the violence. Characters die so much, it can be nauseating. In the first 10 minutes a pivotal character dies, and the movie keeps going. It leaves you shaken, especially since we have grown close to some of these characters. Now, the movie does come off as quite lighter than say Star Trek Into Darkness, but I fear that children and middle schoolers may have nightmares/isn't the right film for them at that stage of life. I'm no parent, but violence does take a tole on how kids act towards one another. I was deeply shook after watching the film because of how much I care/ humanized these characters are. Perspective: a kid dies in the hands of his father and says "I don't want to die." This is extremely scary for kids.

You could argue that kids are immersed in this every day, but then why should you, the trusted guardian endorse this behavior? Set an example higher for them and call them to a high standard. Sorry, I don't want to tell you how to parent your child. Just thoughts from a high schooler.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCool_Dork May 7, 2018

Good but dark

This was a great movie. While this has violence and language, that is not why I rated this movie 13+. It was incredibly dark. (The following contains spoilers). Thanos (bad guy) wins. He successfully kills half of all life in the universe by collecting all the infinity stones. This includes some of the Heroes (Black Panther, Spiderman, Starlord, etc.). This could be particularly traumatizing to a kid who looks up to these heroes.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLilb0629 May 3, 2018

Amazing, just don’t take your little kids

This movie is AMAZING! This is the culmination of Marvel Studios 10 years of hard work of creating the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). Thanos is hands down the best MCU villain ever. You can almost root for him, in a weird twisted way. Marvel blended each character in this movie wonderfully. But, this is definitely the darkest, most action packed Marvel movie ever. With in the first 5 mins of the movie at least 2 characters die. All of the people saying this should be 18+ is because of the death. That is the only reason, and if your child loves Marvel and is begging you to take them to Infinity War, just take them.

Teen, 14 years old Written bytyphoon234 April 29, 2018

Too intense for younger kids to handle

This is alot darker than the other movies in the franchise and is suitable for teens 14+

Teen, 14 years old Written byPatrickod0602 April 27, 2018

Such an Awesome Movie

This is such an awesome Marvel movie. It's funny, emotional and cool. Can't wait for avengers 4.