Parent and Kid Reviews on

Avengers: Infinity War Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 415 kid reviews

Sort by:

Intense violence, strong messages in shocking Marvel epic.

Darker Movie, Not for Little Kids

I think that this movie would be fine for an older kid, but it is way too much for a young child, no matter how much he or she loves superheros. SPOILERS: This movie was more violent than many of the other MCU movies, but it was also dark. It had it's funny parts, after all, it is a Marvel movie, but the ending could be really rough for a kid. No one wants to see Spidy die, but the 8 year old who pretends to be him at the playground and wears his Spiderman PJs to bed every night would be devastated. Also, it has mature themes that little kids may not be able to understand. Lastly, little kids wouldn't really get a lot of the movie. For example, not many kids would be able to pick up on all of the pop culture references, like "please don't put your eggs in me" or when Peter Quill talks about Footloose. All in all, just wait, and your kids will understand and cope with this movie better.

Really stupid film

this is a really stupid film, it is so predictable and doesn't have much of a storyline, its really random. Please don't bother watching, I know people have rated this 5 stars, but it most certainly doesn't deserve that, it's just Marvel addicts talking who will basically rate any marvel film 5 stars!
1 person found this helpful.

I could not stand watching it!!!!

I used to be a huge Avengers fan, but now after the end of this movie, I'm so disappointed I don't even want to see any more. It made me very sad.
1 person found this helpful.

Moderate threat and fantasy violence.

Frequent scenes of violence when superheroes and aliens fight each other. A robot is suspended by wires and pulled apart with a magical force.

“Wakanda forever!”

Avengers: Infinity War is a 2018 superhero action sequel film directed by the Russo brothers and starring Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Zoe Saldana, Josh Brolin and Benedict Cumberbatch. Language(3/5): The film has 10 uses of “G**”, 7 uses of “hell”, 5 uses of “s**t”, 4 uses of “damn”, 3 uses of “a**”, 2 uses of “a**hole” and “piss”, and 1 use of “d**khole”, “J*s*s”, “d**chebag”, “bastards” and “nutsack”. There are also notably more allusions to the F-bomb than most other Marvel movies, with a possible distorted use during one scene, Peter Quill saying “Everyone chill the eff out!” and also later giving the middle finger gesture with both of his hands to Thanos, and Nick Fury saying “motherf-” before being cut off in an end credits scene. The film has 40 total curses. Sex, Romance and Nudity(1/5): Wanda and Vision are shown in bed together. Couples kiss. Drinking, Drugs and Smoking: None. Violence(4/5): The film has numerous scenes with intense violence that’s typical for the MCU, but consequences are intense, and destruction goes amongst planets this time around. Loki dies after being strangled by Thanos. Civilians are dangered by the violence. Thanos beats Iron Man to a pulp, we see blood and bruises on his face. Doctor Strange has a bloody cut on his face. (SPOILER ALERT) During the film’s conclusion, a mass genocide of half the population of the universe takes place, and people are shown turning into mere piles of dust. Many beloved characters die, including Bucky, Black Panther, Falcon, Groot, Scarlet Witch, Mantis, Drax, Star Lord, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Maria Hill and Nick Fury. Spider-Man’s death in particular is very sad. (SPOILERS OVER) Positive Messages(4/5): The film has positive messages about heroism, courage, teamwork, loyalty, friendship, responsibility, hope and sacrifice, but it also discusses darker subject matter for Marvel and challenges viewers pre-conceived notions of villainy. Positive Role Models and Representations(4/5): All the protagonists display usual overwhelmingly positive characteristics, but the villains are a little bit more sympathetic as well, as Thanos’s despicable plan ultimately has an understandable motivation, which is to improve the universe’s overpopulation problems. Watching Experience: Quality(opinionated): (My rating) Rated PG-13 For intense sequences of sci-fi action violence throughout including brief bloody images, thematic material, language including brief rude gestures, and brief suggestive material.

perfect.

Just perfect

Best MCU movie ever!

This is my favorite MCU movie ever!!! Absolutely love the Battle of Wakanda, the fight on Titan was pretty good too. For parents, nothing you really need to worry about, except for violence. *Spoiler alert* several deaths at the end, but only disintegrating until the movie Endgame.

This intense Avengers epic is one of the best from the MCU

Rated 11+ for intense sequences of violence/action and mature material, and for some language. —————Infinity War is defenitly one of the best films marvel has to offer. Everyone action sequence is intense and the storyline is very immersive. ————— Although the film is spectacular, it’s one of the most intense in the MCU. Expect very intense destructive violence, emotional impact, and heavy philosophical content while viewing. There is also a fair amount of language. ————— Overall, Avengers: Infinity War is rated 5 stars and should be appropriate for viewers 11 and up.