All parent member reviews for Babel

Adult Written bymarketing April 9, 2008
Adult Written bysaward1 April 9, 2008

Thought-provoking adult movie

This movie reminds us that life doesn't always tie things up with a neat ribbon, that all is not as it may appear and that love doesn't always conquer all. That said, there is enough of redemption and forgiveness in the film (the disraught father reassuring his children that he's fine when he clearly is deeply upset; the daughter who wants her father's acceptance despite his obvious placement of work above his relationship with her, etc.) to make it a possibility for older young people.
Parent of a 14 and 15 year old Written byLadyD2U February 23, 2011

Okay for 18 and older

Hated that they had to add children shown masturbating to his own sister undressing. Other than that it was okay.
Parent Written byPlague December 3, 2009

Babel

Simpley amazing. I loved this movie when I first saw in in theaters, I just had to buy in on DVD. Brad pit is awesome in this movie, and his acting is superb. I wouldnt say this is the perfect family movie, but its a good movie for the parents to watch if they are ever in the mood to watch a Golden Globe Award winning movie.
Parent Written bylevel-headed mom January 29, 2012

You'll wish you hadn't seen it.

This movie was a hugely disappointing, disgusting waste of time. There is no plot; it is boring and confusing. Thankfully, my teenage boys did not watch it with us. Pointless scenes: boy masturbating with eyes closed and tongue licking his lips after watchings his sister undress; teenage girl wears short skirt with no underwear and opens legs to show group of boys in restaurant - yes, you can see more than CS review makes it sound like - and later she puts her dentist's hand on her bare crotch after sticking her tongue in his mouth during her dental exam. While I do not protect my boys from growing up and learning about sexuality, I choose not to expose them to these types of abnormal sexual behavior shown by teens in this movie. In addition, the teen girl and her friend accept whiskey and pills from boys they've just met, but there is no negative consequence whatsoever.
Parent of a 4, 10, and 12 year old Written bygshanks June 30, 2009

nasty

very disgusting especially to show children doing things such as masturbating and showing their private parts
Parent of a 7, 12, and 15 year old Written byMumboJumbo April 9, 2008

Fresh and Engaging Cinema, with Mature but Relevant Theme

This film cleverly, carefully and artfully paints a dramatic landscape filled with emotional hotbuttons: racism, fear, childhood, adolescence, parenthood, love, law, lawlessness. It is filmmaking at its very best. Innaritu's style creates tension and suspense (thanks to a well-written script and screenplay) with no stars or cheezy showboating; this is pure story. I can't recall a recent movie where I truly had no idea what would happen next -- being playfully teased, even. Many adult/mature themes, so not for kids under 17, but this is good cinema.