Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Bad Words

Comedy best for older teens gets laughs with offbeat humor.

Adult Written byBestPicture1996 April 25, 2014

A bad time at the movies

Whenever an actor sheds their friendly persona to play somebody out of character I'm always listening: take McConaughey for an example! But unfortunately Jason Bateman thought this was a good enough script to produce, direct and star in, and I just did not care for it. I get that it's trying to be edgy, and I'm all for that type of humor. But when edgy spills over into cruelty that's where you lose me, and although he has his reasons, Bateman's Guy is just too ruthless a jerk for me to ever root for him, a racist, misogynist misanthrope with one goal on his mind. If the humor paid off I could excuse these faults, but the laughs were far and in between. If this is what Mean Bateman looks like, I'm glad to go back to Michael Bluth any day.

Parent Written byDan G. April 11, 2014

Definitely not for children of any age

This film glamorizes theft from others. It also depicts in a favorable way underage alcoholic consumption. An unmarried couple is shown having graphic sexual intercourse, including oral sex. There is female nudity. The movie has continous sexual dialog, content, and jokes. And of course, there is a continuous stream of the most crude and disgusting language that can be used. If this is how you wish to bring your children up, take them to this movie. However if you love them, leave them home, no matter how old they are.