All parent member reviews for Bambi

Adult Written bybrokedownpalace April 9, 2008

It puts me to sleep

I never saw Bambi as a child, so I was excited to watch it with my kids. The violence doesn't scare them and they don't understand what happens to Bambi's mom. My 3 year old just says that Bambi lost her mommy - in a hide and seek kind of way. I still cannot get through the whole movie. I get bored and find something else to do. It is obvious that it was made in the '40's. That said, my daughter asks to watch it daily and she would if I could tolerate it!
Adult Written bymomof3 April 9, 2008

Good but a little scary for little ones

Bambi is a movie that I approach with some trepidation. My kids and I love the friendships developed in the story. Flower and Thumper are great characters, and Bambi is endearing as well. However, I have had to fast forward through the sad parts for my 3 and 5 year olds, if they want to watch it at all. It is a very emotional movie, and my little ones are disturbed by the loss of the mother and are scared by the fire and the hunters. They also don't understand why the buck (Bambi's dad) isn't really around for Bambi the whole movie. Overall, I think this movie is best for ages 6 and up, and it's one to watch along with your kids to help explain the issues that come up during the show. The reason I believe that it should be PG is simply because of the issues which it raises. In my mind, there should be less G movies out there which involve the death of a parent, which is such a prevalent theme in animated Disney movies, both old and new.
Adult Written byTheLastUnicornFan123 May 23, 2009

????!!!!

OH MY GOD WHOEVER MADE THIS MOVIE IS SICK. Who would just let Bambi's mom die like that? And there are SO many hidden innuendos within the movie that children could take so wrongly. I seriously almost vomited when she died. Not cool. Not cool.
Adult Written byadvocatewhat'sright December 26, 2012

Second only to The Fox and the Hound!

That's right, because it's the best. Along with Charlotte's Web and especially The Fox and the Hound. 5000/5
Adult Written byAAV-sama March 31, 2012

Cute one

Adult Written byMadameChung March 9, 2012

GO BASH THE BAMBI BOOK

I really liked it. Sure the Bambi mom dying might be very scary for children under 7. But before anyone bashes Disney for killing off mothers. HOW ABOUT YOU GO BASH THE BOOK its based on? Since Bambi's mom dies In that too. Bambi is a coming-of-age story as is Cinderella, Snow White who both NEED a step-mom or else=no story. great movie.
Parent of a 3, 6, 8, 11, 16, and 16 year old Written by8Rankin July 6, 2009

My 3 year old loves it

This is my 3 year old Addie's, all time favorite. She must have seen it a thousand times.