All teen and kid member reviews for Barbie as the Princess and the Pauper

Teen, 15 years old Written byApplesauce Doctor August 17, 2013

Barbie at her Best

An excellent Barbie movie, with great characters, interesting story, and positive messages.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPenguinlover44 July 21, 2015

The movie review

I really enjoyed the movie however I foung it quite scandals. There was a very naughty bathtub seen with the main girl Erica in the bath with the man she hardley knew that she was to marry was peeping on her. Not to mention foul language with the frequent uses of idiot and moron. It also showed the moral the money is everything with the rich getting everything and the poor treated like dirt. There was lits of punching and hitting involved as well. Vandalism and lying was a very important part to the plot showing kids you can get what you want by lying. Not to mention there was a fake death. And lastly animals were harmed. All and all kids should not watch this. (The movie was great for all ages and has fantastic characters and a great plot.)
Kid, 12 years old June 1, 2014

i am 12 and i still ove this movie

the evil guy wants to marry the princess then queen it seems like the pink princess and her friend are about to drown but they don't I love that movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSMShamster January 26, 2015

Don't even bother....

Though not anything too harmful, it's the same plot we've seen from every Barbie movie: Barbie has a problem, falls in love with a guy, villain wants to stop her from accomplishing her dreams for the sole purpose of being a wet blanket,the villain is defeated and everything is hunky dory, the end. I could go on and on about all the lazy cardboard cutout characters and huge plot holes, but I'm instead going to focus on the worst part- Barbie. You could argue that she's a good role model for kids because she's basically perfect, but that argument kind of backfires. The main message of these films are to be yourself, but Barbie's perfect personality makes it seem more like the moral is to be like Barbie. Little girls are going to comprehend Barbie's character as,"Barbie has perfect hair and a perfect body and a perfect personality, and she gets her way at the end. If I'm going to accomplish anything in life, I've got to have perfect hair, a perfect body and a perfect personality." That's actually a pretty harmful message. You can put as many morals about being yourself in a your movies, Mattel, but news flash- that's not what kids will focus on. They're going to see their imperfections through Barbie's character instead. So parents, this movie (along with all the other barbie movies)is a definite skip. There are WAY better stuff to show your kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycoralineisgood August 21, 2016

good movie, HIDEOUS ANIMATION

I actually feel like they put effort into this movie. It has great songs, a great plot, and meh characters. But gosh, is the animation ugly! IT IS SO BAD THAT IT MAKES THE MOVIE WORSE!!!!!