Parent reviews for Barbie Dolphin Magic

Barbie and her sisters save dolphins in gentle story.

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Adult Written bylinda_henderson February 18, 2021

amazing!!

my children loved this movie so much! the fact that it represents friendships is fantastic! barbie overall is a fantastic movie series because barbie has fantastic morals. barbie works so many jobs, such as a police officer, army cheif etc which are considered 'male jobs' barbie shows that she is whoever she wants to be. this moral is important to my kids. and i think barbie really represents this. also ken is emotionally vulnerable. but is great to show little boys that it is manly to cry. and emotions have no gender. this extrordinary movie is truly fantastic

Adult Written bymatilda22 February 18, 2021

morally fantastic

I watched this film with my 2 children, ages 5 and 8. They absolutely
adored this movie because they got to explore the fantasy world. This movie includes some powerful morals and messages such as not to spread rumors and animal safety. You must watch this movie, my kids loved it and learned a great message.

Parent of a 5-year-old Written byAbba9634 April 11, 2019

Must watch

I have a 3 year old and I thought this movie was great. She loved the songs and mermaids. I loved that Barbie and her sisters were positive role models. I love that there was no romance! too many kiddie films are immersed in romance and its hard to find a rare jewel like this thats not.

Adult Written byBagel26 August 13, 2020

Actually ok for younger viewers

I think this was one of the few movies on popular streaming sites that is actually suitable for 4 year olds. Not too scary, values friendship, family, standing up for something. Much more impressed with this than I expected to be.

Adult Written bywanda-mom632 April 5, 2020

Loved Isla and Barbie's Friendship!

I watched this movie with my three little girls and they loved it! Soo sweet for sisters to watch together. My favorite part of the movie was Barbie's relationship with Isla, I hardly ever see such a wholesome portrayal of this kind of relationship. Great modeling of what a loving relationship should be

Adult Written byBeth L December 16, 2019

Was Isla a little too harsh on Barbie?

I'm really confused. None of them really knew what Marlo was up to and yet Isla got angry at Barbie even though she only wanted to make sure Emerald got a safe checkup before knowing the truth about Marlo. And I don't remember when Isla said that Marlo wanted the gemstone dolphins for herself. And when Barbie went to see Isla to apologise to her, I don't remember them talking earlier about Marlo being untrustworthy and Isla ever being right about something about Marlo before. This is really bothering me, and I really need some answers knowing if I've missed out on something in the movie. And I really need help getting this problem out of my head.
Adult Written bynjkamakansk October 3, 2019

Disapprove

This movies beginning was literally Nemo except in this movie they were dolphins. Creativity lacks in this generation, wouldn’t recommend this movie to any child.
Parent Written byEl M. July 4, 2018

Better than expected for 4 and 6 year old girls

I am a conservative movie rater and am very careful what the kids watch and the themes they are exposed to, and I would be happy for them to watch this again. (I've avoided Barbie to date, to be honest).

I have to say that this movie was better than expected, with appropriate language, strong family ties, respectful relationships and a theme of working together to help others out. The girls and women portrayed are bright and energetic and certainly brave.

The cons are there is very limited racial representation and no realistic body shape portrayals. Ken is the only male central to the story and he is the only one 'studying' but Barbie is the mastermind of the plan to save the dolphins.

The is certainly some suspense, when the 'mean' woman (Marlo) is threatening to take the dolphins away, and she speaks unkindly to others. But those are relatively mild and there is no violence, per se. One of the dolphins is captured at the start of the movie, and although my sensitive kids were worried about what might happen,it wasn't distressing for them.