Kid reviews for Barbie in The Nutcracker

A more passive-than-usual Barbie in lackluster holiday tale.

Teen, 14 years old Written byEspumaMarina October 16, 2010

One of my faves growing up!

I loved it when I was younger, I think some parts scared me.. I think it was mostly that giant rock thing that was creeply stomping up the hill to either capture them or kill them, and then that time on that frozen ocean (at least the creepy giant rock guy came to an end) Otherwise I liked it! I loved the fairies, sparkles, and when those flowers blossomed through the snow. It was beautifuly done, I watched it almost every Christmas. (I was also afraid of that clock at the beginning when it stroke midnight because when I was little I had a strange fear of clocks... don't know why) Excellent, though the rat guy irritated me, HA to him at the end. A very good Barbie movie (Though people irritate the living crud out of me when they make up stuff like 'sexual intendo' and 'cursing like a sailor' crap)- No, no that never happened. Awesome movie (Giant rock scared me though, still does)

Kid, 10 years old April 20, 2011
OMG WHY DOES MY FRIEND LIKE THIS! BARBIE! IF U WANT SOMETHING THAT KIDS WILL LIKE OR MAKE IT GIRLY GIRL THEN MAKE A MOVIE WITH NO VIOLENCE
Teen, 13 years old Written byAurastar October 16, 2010

MirSan?! MIRSAAANNN

lol the only Barbie movie that got the pairings right. :P
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 21, 2011
my fave barbie movie, i have this movie and i love it. barbie is cool. its not scary.

Teen, 13 years old Written byluvpink December 26, 2011

Good For Little Girls

The romantic parts are sweet and chaste. And the violence is at a minimum. Language is a bit of an issue. Overall good movie for little girls to watch.

Kid, 11 years old October 2, 2010
love it

Teen, 14 years old Written byMochiWolf March 17, 2018

I liked it when I was little...

This was my favorite movie when I was little. I even collect nutcrackers now, partly because of this movie. (In case you're wondering, I have around 35 of them). Now that I'm a teen, though, I have some issues. It's a family tradition to watch the ballet "The Nutcracker", and I've seen it ten times in my life. This movie has twisted, romanticized, and changed the plot almost beyond recognition. Where did the rock monster come from? (Yes, I know the creepy Mouse King made him, I mean "Why is he in this story now?") Why is that bat, Pim, in there? Who is Captain Candy, and whose weird idea was it to add him in here? The list goes on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on. Now, I know, little kids would probably be bored if it was identical to the ballet, but for goodness sakes, would it kill them to make it a BIT truer to the classic story? Also, this movie was so CGI it was almost painful to watch. And a few times, there were such bad animation errors, I had to ask if there were any editors there. Like, Barbie petted a horse, but her hand wasn't even touching the horse. Or, she and Nutcracker hugged, but they weren't even touching, Also, since when was the little brother named Tommy? TOMMY?! Anyone who has seen the ballet will know that the brother's name is Fritz. *facepalm* Anyways, the movie wasn't ALL bad. I liked the action scenes, and the music from the ballet that they added in as background music made me super happy. (As you can tell, I'm PASSIONATE about all things Nutcracker. Oh, and, the little snow fairy and flower fairy are SOOOO cute!! LOL. Also, Clara is a pretty good role model, even if she is way too skinny. (Really, Barbie?) Besides, the plotline IS great, if you aren't comparing it to the ballet. Also, when Nutcracker/Prince Eric was on the brink of death after the climactic battle with Mouse King, I freaked out and started squeezing a pillow, even though I knew he was fine (As I said, I watched that movie about every other day when I was 4) and his "Don't worry about me, I'm just wood..." line just about made me break down in tears. And then...well...I won't reveal any spoilers. Sorry if it seemed like I was rambling there, but those are my thoughts. Thanks for reading!