Parent reviews for Barbie Princess Adventure

Barbie Princess Adventure Poster Image

Barbie is a storng leader!

This movie is filled with the most positive messesges about how you can be who you want to be no matter who you are or what others tell you to do. it's just so colurful and cheerful and i love the songs. your kids will adore it! Barbie,prinnsess amiela,and their friend are heros and leaders! good job mattel on this one!!!

1 person found this helpful.

Fantastic Movie, storyline is for tweens

This is a great movie for 9 and up. As far as I am concerned, the songs and the meaning to the story is not for young children in the sense that SPOILER ALERT FOR THE REST OF THIS the princess wants to be herself and not be picture perfect. She also states "All they know is from a screen, so how can I become their queen?" She and Barbie switch places for a day because they look so similar. Amelia gets to be Barbie and act normal and be free. They do kidnap Barbie and Amelia, so if your child is sensitive, they may not want to see that part. It's a FANTASTIC movie with a lot of great role models.

Not a fan

I usually never write bad reviews but this movie isn't the best. It has a lot of focus on "me,me,me" so basically teaching kids to only care about themselves and their dreams. Where did caring about each other go. Don't get me wrong I love the diversity that's great. But other than that it dosen't have much depth.

Barbie princess Adventure review

I think that Barbie Princess Adventure is my favorite. my favorite character is Amelia, who looks stunning wherever she goes. My most favorite part is when Amelia and Barbie save the day!

OUTRIGHT DUPLICATE

Mattel, this is the third, I repeat, THIRD time you’re creating a movie with the idea of “Prince and the Pauper” by Mark Twain. To be entirely genuine, Princess and the Pauper is presumably one of my preferred Barbie movies. It had the entire display of a fairytale without the magic. It also had a unarguably perfect ending. It was elegant, simple and simply dream-like. Though I am not sure I can state the same for Princess and the Pop-star and Barbie: Princess Adventures. Not to make this a rant, but both movies were undeniably disappointing. Hey, it’s cool that Barbie vlogs and all but it’s much too common and unoriginal to be fairly interesting. Please, whoever came up with the preposterous idea to re-make Princess and the Pauper, I do not like you. Also, again. Please, whoever came up with the absurd idea to change the animation style, I do not like you either. Barbie doesn’t even look like barbie! Now back to the movie. To be utterly honest, it seemed like the team just started to reanimate Princess and the Pauper and the director added last minute changes so it isn’t so obvious. But mind you, it’s very utterly obvious. Barbie, to me, was all about being NOT what I am. To be frank, I am quite boring and so are most vloggers. Another thing that pissed me off was that Prince Yohan saw her necklace and the media captured her in the necklace when it wasn’t even there in the actual scene! It seemed like the director was like “Hey, how do we make this different? Oh yeah! Just change it so she gets caught literally on the first day.” It’s no fun and suspense. There’s was NO fun and suspense. Barbie’s friends and all had no input in the movie except singing a song and dancing. I see no moral and no inclusion here. I could go on and rant about so many other scenes but to do so would be merely a waste of time. I would like to end this with a note: Dear Barbie Movie Production Team, Please, never in a lifetime, make another movie relating to a princess and a pauper or pop-star or any one switching places. It was a nice idea but now it’s just being overused. To be fairly honest, a child’s idea would make a better movie. A better and ORIGINAL movie. So please please pleaseeee, never ever remake said movie. Thank you, Estelle P.S. Not to be offensive or anything but the life in colour part looked like it was directed by someone on drugs, literally.

Don’t bother