Kid reviews for Barbie Princess Adventure

Barbie Princess Adventure Poster Image

An Admirable Movie

There are some pacing issues and things that could be tightened up. At the end of the day, I still think this is a good movie. Barbie is shown to be quite selfless, whether it's in trying to help Princess Amelia or show people how life should be an experience. I like how she wants her vlog to be more popular, but only so she can get a positive message out to others. She's thinking about the impact she wants to make. Princess Amelia herself is also an enjoyable character. She knows how there are people who care for her, and that she has to be queen. She just thinks that she should get some time off and show her true self to the world, someone who's sweet and humble. A lot of the characters are very fun to watch, and the music is really good. It also has a very strong message on how you don't need have to squeeze yourself in a box of what people expect from you. The plot may not be original, but the heart is there. I recommend watching it.

1 person found this helpful.

Did People Watch This Movie?

Princess Adventure is a genuinely underrated movie. People who claim characters are selfish clearly haven't seen the film, because the princess of the movie wants best for her kingdom. She herself has also been really friendly to others who weren't nice to her, and generally helps kids who need help. Anybody who says this is sexist also falls into people who didn't see the movie since the overall villain of the movie may be a boy, yes, but his sidekicks consisted of boys and girls. This movie is also really fun too, the movie has a pretty straightforward plot, and despite lacking suspense, the overall action & antagonistic events were really fun to watch, especially seeing how they fall into place, like the plan of the antagonist was smart, he even had somewhat intimidating dialogue. The only thing I would change about this, would be how much screen time is provided, to provide suspense, but the action was still fun anyways. I gotta give Common Sense credits, they did a good job with the reviews, aside from the assumed stereotypes & product ties in.

1 person found this helpful.

this movie is pretty good

this movie was a little weird but otherwise pretty good.

good movie

i love it is a very good i love itttt i love the songs its so good!

Boring and Stupid

It is another ditzy princess movie, the princess is selfish, Barbie is ditzy as ever. There is more diversity then ever, but can I say the outfits and color scheme are just pink and purple and unicorns, they should have made is more... normal I guess. The message was good you can be anything you want but the movie was bad.

Sexist garbage

If you want your kids thinking that girls only care about fashion and looking “cute”, then this is the movie for you. I’m not just giving this a negative review because I’m too “old” for Barbie, but because my motto is: “You put junk in, you get junk out”. All I’m saying is, Barbie sets a very bad example for young girls and it very badly represents females. I’m gonna go watch something that has a strong female lead like The Hunger Games or Mulan.

Lots of Diversity

This is probably one of the only barbie movies with lots of Diversity it, in this movie Barbie has friends that are Asian/light skin and black and a plus size friend as well not to mention that some of the background characters are also poc you rarely see this much Diversity in barbie movies so this is a big improvement from other Barbie movies