All parent member reviews for Batman Begins

Adult Written byfmikef April 9, 2008

Dark

I think that this movie is a good pre-quel to the stories in other Batman movies. There is a fairly heavy Eastern religion influence(I wish I had known that going in). The movie is quite loud. Great car sceens! I also liked the bits of engineering for Batman's gear. My main objection is how frightening is is. The guy with the mask looks creepy--way too creepy. The fight sceens seem very real. When the crazy people are released from the asylum I was quite worried about the kids I was with. Older kids ok, but with parental discussion.
Parent Written bytreat02 August 2, 2012

A great movie, but really has precautions . . .

This movie is very well-done. For someone like me, it wouldn't be quite as bad as it seems. But I will say, it's not very clean on violence. This movie is way more realistic on the violent scenes. *THIS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS* Peril is throughout the film, but some of it is mild. Near the end, (and it's also in the middle part of the movie as well) the actors spray gas that makes you hallucinate about pretty freaky stuff. Batman does it (sprays the stuff. . . not sure what it's called) to the man who was generating it all. That may make kids upset (like the whole part of spraying it in their faces and making them hallucinate) that Batman would do it as well, also, it could set a bad influence because he is the hero. In another scene (Bruce Wayne/Batman) parents die from a man trying to steal money from them, (he shoots them), which isn't bloody, but it's a tough thing to think about. Kissing is shown. There are also many different scenes of car-races (not really racing, of course) men fighting as well. The Language isn't very bad, (H-word, da-word, a-word) and it doesn't have any intense language. The movie shows children in peril, but they are saved. Characters beaten as well. When you watch the movie, it doesn't seem as bad, trust me. The very good things that are about it is that Bruce Wayne is a hero, and it turns out he "saves the day." Although, there was a lot of destruction. The reasons why he wants to save people are because of what happened to his parents (which affected him). There is some bad things about Bruce, he tried to kill the person who killed his parents, but the man was killed by someone else (gunshot.) I think Ten years old at the least can watch this.
Adult Written byowvanguard April 9, 2008

Action Packed Comic Book Adventure

Adult Written byraab April 9, 2008

Good Stuff

Very much like the original batman movies. Although the acting took a step down, the effects and action took a step up. The new batmobile is great.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 21, 2012

batman begins

Families can talk about Bruce Wayne's relationships with various father figures, including his biological father (who is murdered), his martial arts trainer, his butler, and his gadgets-maker. What's the difference between vengeance and justice as the film presents it? Do you agree? How does Bruce put his anger to use for the "public good"? How does the film differentiate between "good" and "bad" uses of violence?
Parent of a 14 year old Written byTheGman447 January 22, 2011

A great movie!

This movie is WAY darker than the cartoons, talking about death, more violence, and blood. The Scarecrow will scare younger kids with the drug effects. Batman is a good role model. not because he uses brutal force, but because he is fighting for good and trying to save a city with millions of lives.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byCommon critic January 7, 2011

A movie for anyone!!

Batman has been around for a while now.I don't see nothing wrong with it.my two kids love it.I think batman is a good role model in this film
Adult Written by4Spice July 28, 2010

good movie

very good movie lots of action 11 and over for mild violence and mild language if you liked this movie watch the the dark night its 10 times better
Parent of a 3 and 7 year old Written bykelldeal October 10, 2009

good for 6 and 7

i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byjchun_isl April 9, 2008

The best Batman movie

I enjoyed watching this movie. It was action packed and very entertaining. I would have to say that I like this Batman movie the best compared to all the previous Batman movies.
Adult Written byPoli April 9, 2008

Entertaining but scary

Batman Begins tells the story of a conflicted young man trying to deal with the idea of evil in the world after the loss of his parents. Because he overcomes his desire for vindictive revenge, Bruce becomes a better role model, but this film is still iffy on issues of social behavior because of the danger of children imitating the violence depicted. This film fits several of the criteria given on the Common Sense media violence checklist for whether media violence is affecting your kids. The effects of the hallucinogenic drugs were terrifying for an adult, I can't imagine a young child dealing with them. I would not recommend this film for children under thirteen, and young or easily scared teenagers would do better watching with an adult.
Parent of a 1 and 6 year old Written byjimsgrl April 9, 2008

good movie...should explain violence to little ones...

my four year old son loved it. he lost interest a couple of times during the less intense sceens, but it kept his attention for the most part. i would explain the violence to some of the younger ones. "he's doing this becuase that guys did this..."-kind of thing. not too much goore. not a lto of blood and guts. not for VERY young ones...at least four.
Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008

Best Batman movie yet

Adult Written byquest13 April 9, 2008

A strong PG-13

A great film many action sequences, some disturbing violent content though so be extremely careful before letting your child see this. Frighting cene pop up a few times in this film escpecially the scarecrow. For an average a 14 year old should be mature enough and I have no doubt once you see this you'll want to own it.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byedklat April 16, 2015

Educator and Parent of a 1, 2, 4, 6, and 14 year old Written bySuperherofan May 25, 2014

Adult Written byDon Draper February 3, 2013

More entertaining than TDK

I know most people think The Dark Knight is the best Batman movie ever and I agree but I actually enjoyed this a lot more. I like how this focuses more on Bruce Wayne/Batman, Christian Bale is criminally underrated. There's martial arts fighting and the Scarecrow and the hallucinations he makes people see might scare young kids but overall not too much to worry parents. Plus it's more of a standard action/superhero movie than The Dark Knight (more of a crime drama) was which kids should find more entertaining.
Parent Written bydavidrox January 15, 2013

Great!

I loved it. a great revamp of the old campy movies. great actors filled with thought provoking dialogue, mixed in with entertaining action. the language is not too bad, but the main thing is the violence. although out, there is extremely intense violence, and very frighting images. I would not suggest you're younger kids see this. My MPAA Rating is: PG-13 For intense violence, mild language, and disturbing images
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 14, 2012

This is great.

It's very smart and entertaining like CSM says.Yes it's violent,but what Batman movie dosen't have violence in it? Apparently,every BM movie does.Anyways,I LOVE IT!
Adult Written bylemonlover July 19, 2012

The Dark Knight was better.

Beatdowns, shootings, toxic waste, and more.