All teen and kid member reviews for Batman Begins

Teen, 16 years old Written byAshinthehouse May 30, 2011

must see movie

This is a really good movie almost better than the dark knight the only real issue is viloence i think
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 8, 2011

Not as good as the next entry, but it gets pretty close.

My rating: PG-13 for intense violence, some frightening sequences and images, and brief language.
Kid, 11 years old April 6, 2011

A bit violent and scary, mild bad language, 11+

I like this movie I think it's really good but there's lots of violence and a fair amount of scariness. Mild language such as cr-p, d-mn, h-ll, a-s and a--hole. This crazy guy uses a gas that makes people see other people as monsters. Batman is a bad role model and sends bad messages because he uses violence but I think he is also a good role model and sends good messages because he is the good guy and never kills anyone.
Teen, 17 years old Written byLadyFlameSinger October 22, 2009

Definitely not a children's movie

While I like this movie, I have to say that it is indeed very violent, with some rather intense martial arts scenes and shootings, and disturbing scenes with one of the villians, Scarecrow. I thought that the movie was well acted and well planned out, though it was a good deal darker and harsher than a lot of other superhero movies.
Kid, 12 years old October 20, 2016

Batman wings it after his heavil critisied movie Batman & Robin

I think Batman Begins is a really good movie, however, it is not as good as The Dark Knight or The Dark Knight Rise. Content-wise, it is slightly less violent than The Dark Knight Rises. Action Violence: Intense. In the opening scene, Bruce's master Ra Al Ghul challenges him to a blade duel on thin ice. We see them fighting and minutes later, Ra Al Ghul shoves Bruce out of the way and Bruce hangs onto the edge of a cliff. Ra Al Ghul helps him back up. The Scarecrow's gas spreads across a mail room which poisons a group of people. In order to get Rachel, poisoned by the Scarecrow's fear toxin, to the Batcave in time to save her, Batman is forced to elude the cops in an extended chase over and through the city, which requires considerable property damage and disabling several police vehicles. For the first time, I am including spoilers in this review because I do not remember all the content, and definitely few that is not spoilers. Warning, spoilers ahead! Bruce's parents are shot off screen. Bruce's home is set on fire and he is left there to die. However, Bruce jumps out of the window and lands safely onto the ground but is shown with a few cuts on his face. Batman lands into a train which Ra's al Ghul has taken over. Ra's al Ghul and Batman have a prolonged fist fight with no blood or gore but later, Batman escapes from the train and the train falls from a derailed track with Ra's al Ghul still on the train, who closes his eyes as he dies. Spoilers over. Disturbing Images: Many intense and frightening scenes throughout. The Scarecrow's voice sounds extremely menacing and will disturb young children. Thematic Elements: Some. The first 20 minutes may be depressing.
Kid, 11 years old March 30, 2016

First Batman film in the dark night trilogy is adult and dark

The film Batman Begins is an excellent Batman film but it is not for younger children. The film has lots of violence although there is no blood the characters unlike other superhero film aren't invincible so there is a high body count and the deaths are shown onscreen which isn't normally the case in other superhero films. The film is also very dark, it had a lot of really confronting scenes on how Bruce Wayne's parents are murdered in front of him when he was very young which is one scene you will have to talk about with your kids. There is also some extremely scary themes which contain the scarecrow with bats coming out of his mouth and maggots sucking on his rotten flesh. Overall the film is very dark,scary and emotional so I think that you should wait till your kids are 12 to watch this film depending on the maturity of your kid.
Teen, 17 years old Written byHorace Williams November 24, 2014

D*mn good movie.

I love Batman Begins. It's action packed, fantastic acting, and beautiful graphics. Wonderful job, Batman.
Kid, 11 years old March 6, 2009

Nice

Good movie, not as good as the 2nd though.
Kid, 11 years old February 17, 2013

A brilliant film but some scenes may scare young children

This film is amazing and I totally recomend you watch it!!! There are some great fight scenes but no over the top bloody violence and a brilliant story line. Although it can be confusing and there are some scenes where people get gassed, which is a bit scary and mild language. But overall the film isn't to bad but if your child gets easily scared then don't let them watch it, but I saw this when I was nine and wasnt scared. 8+
Kid, 10 years old September 6, 2014

OK

Goood for kids it just has some violence.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMavrah333 August 24, 2014

A great pre-quel for the greatest superhero series of all time.

There is some violence, and I think a smattering of bad language, but other than that this is fine for children of 10 and up. It is a slow start (it takes over an hour for Bruce to become Batman) and there is a dark backstory, but if you can manage LOTR you'll be fine with this. Then only scary part at all was when Scarecrow unleashes a gas (Special effects FTW! :D) but as I said, a fine film for 10 and up. If they make a new trilogy with that police guy as the hero (Robin perhaps?) Scarecrow must come back, he is not only alive at the end of each film in the series, he is never punished either.
Kid, 10 years old September 16, 2013

Bale is the perfect match for the role

Great movie perfect start of the trilogy!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMoviedudde18 September 11, 2012

BB Great movie

Very great and clever!
Kid, 10 years old August 27, 2012

Good classic but very slow

Sorta slow for batman but it tells you how bataman was made
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp February 14, 2011
Suggested MPAA Rating: PG-13 for intense violence, disturbing images/terror, and thematic content.
Kid, 11 years old February 6, 2011

a nice movie review.

a good movie for your thrill seekers parents
Teen, 14 years old Written bySgt-Samson July 5, 2010
The saving grace of the Batman company
Teen, 14 years old Written bychevelle17 January 15, 2010
Great movie, some parts might scare younger kids though
Kid, 9 years old September 9, 2009
ok it was pretty violent and had alot of bad words and drug refrences but overall it was good but its just too violent for 4 and under i even got a little frightened from the violence these evil characters are nasty
Teen, 13 years old Written bybdunn98 August 22, 2009

Great movie

This was a great story and movie. I would let anyone watch this.