Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 11 parent reviews

Sort by:

Batman Forever Movie Review By Logan Strohl

It's the not best Batman movie and it's not the worst either. But Batman Forever is still a pretty good movie fellowup to Batman Returns. Pretty good cast story action special effects make up and score by Elliot Goldenthal. As well as has some halloween in it too. Not as dark as Tim Burton's Batman movies. Joel Schumacher does a pretty good job as director taking over for Tim Burton. The performances are pretty good with Val Kilmer as Batman/Bruce Wayne Tommy Lee Jones as Two-Face/ Harvey Dent Jim Carrey as The Riddler/Edward Nygma Nicole Kidman as Chase Meridian and Chris O'Donnell as Robin/Dick Grayson along with Michael Gough as Alfred Pennyworth and Pat Hingle as James Gordon and even Drew Barrymore as Sugar. Not for all Batman fans but for some and also a fun movie overall.

Good movie

It’s an amazing Batman movie and it’s not very violent or frightening and it will need some editing for young kids

Uneven tone.

While the first Batman is the best live-action “dark” take, and Batman & Robin is the campiest, this film tries to do both, and does neither well.

Great installment of the bat series - lingerie and objectification of women, but a fun show

Overall best movie of the first trilogy, well-produced and fun. Jim Carey earns his repuation as an outstanding riddler. I was disappointed that there weren't more jokes about "holy metal island, Batman!" Or similar... but a nice nod to the old Adam West era. I'm very cautious about young teens viewing sexual content, I believe it leads to many undesirable outcomes in life. In my opinion, this movie objectifies women unnecessarily, and it's rather typical of the 90's movie approach, which is unfortunate, but hopefully creates an opportunity to discuss the obvious flaws in the presentation of the women in this film (um.. all of the female roles, by the way, are shown as weak; merely workers performing a task they have to perform, for some reason, although it's never clear why - at least catwoman in the last film took control of her own destiny, for better or worse). Not mentioned in the Sexual Content in the CSM review: Scene with female lead laying in bed with only a sheet over her. She stands up and wears the sheet as a night gown. Not too revealing, but for some might be worth editing out. The lingerie is mentioned, and it is a bit more revealing than I would like for the teenage boy audience, however I decided it wasn't sufficient to edit out nor to prevent my 13 yr old from watching. SPOILER ALERT It's a bit harsh to say there are absolutely zero positive messages... There is a scene in which one character could have killed another character yet shows mercy, and that is a core lesson for the character to learn. Not that any teenager is going to notice amidst the lingerie and battle scenes, but... at least there's some ounce of decency in the movie.

Robin and the Riddler are awesome

I just recently finished watching this movie and every scene with the Riddler made me laugh and smile. It was amazing. Jim Carry makes a great Riddler. Now Robin played by Chris O'Donnell was even better they showed his grieving process perfectly. Especially when he blamed Batman for his parents death that made a lot of sense. Also Chris O'Donnell makes an amazing Robin and Val Kimer makes an ok Batman.

Way better than people say!

Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones are a lot of fun.

A Mistake

Should of kept burton and Keaton but other than that fine